Jets Are In!

Podein25

@Podein25    VERY COOL!!!  I don't know if they will win or lose against their 1st round opponent, but I can guarantee you one thing...their opponents will know they have been in a war when it's all said and done!!!

Looks like that could be the Ducks, who are kind of limping in. The Jets match up real well with them.

@Podein25  If it's the Ducks, that is a real nice match up....the defense would lean heavy on Myers and keep the front of Pavlec's net clear. Plus, out of the 2 teams right now, the Jets have a hotter goalie, which is huge in a 7 game series. I think the Jets secondary scoring is a bit deeper and faster than the Ducks, another big key in playoff hockey, the secondary scoring is huge.

The Ducks have not been pressed all year, with the Sharks and Kings slipping this year, the division has been wrapped up since December, Boudreau, who I love as a coach has a history of first round flameouts. That could be a great matchup.

I can't wait to watch the Jets first home playoff game...that arena will be shaking. 

That is a good fan base and they will be full throat , could be a great playoff series. 

Good for the 'Peg !

Congrats to Winnipeg.

As a Wild fan, and with the way Minnesota is playing, I am not too bothered by any potential matchups heading Minny's way.....however, if I were to pick one that kinda bothered me for Minnesota, it would be Winnipeg.

Thankfully, the Wild won't be getting them in the 1st round.

For some reason, the Jets play AWFULLY well against Minnesota.

Can't quite put my finger on why...Wild play the Preds pretty well despite their well rounded team and goaltender....pretty well against the Blues too despite their heavy style, lane clogging, and star players.

But for whatever reason, Winnipeg gives the Wild fits.

Potential matchups for the Jets would be either St. Louis or Anaheim (both are tied in points)....whichever finishes with the better record is where the Jets will travel.

Also of note for Winnipeg---they could either be seated in the Pacific bracket (if its Ducks) or Central bracket (if its Blues)...and THAT could be significant should they get into the 2nd round as the selection of opponents would differ greatly.

I can't wait to watch the Jets first home playoff game...that arena will be shaking. 

That is a good fan base and they will be full throat , could be a great playoff series. 

Good for the 'Peg !

Same here bro....that arena will be FRENZIED!!!!   It's days away from that happening and I'm already getting excited!!  The Peg fans deserve this, very loyal and WTF...they have waited since 95 to see their Jets in the playoffs. Only in the messed up NHL can the city of Atlanta supply a team to Calgary and Winnipeg, cities that should have never been without an NHL team...Calgary deserved a team even before the population exploded over a mill.....a city of a half mill can easily support and NHL team...well, in Canada at least!

Congrats to Winnipeg.

As a Wild fan, and with the way Minnesota is playing, I am not too bothered by any potential matchups heading Minny's way.....however, if I were to pick one that kinda bothered me for Minnesota, it would be Winnipeg.

Thankfully, the Wild won't be getting them in the 1st round.

For some reason, the Jets play AWFULLY well against Minnesota.

Can't quite put my finger on why...Wild play the Preds pretty well despite their well rounded team and goaltender....pretty well against the Blues too despite their heavy style, lane clogging, and star players.

But for whatever reason, Winnipeg gives the Wild fits.

Potential matchups for the Jets would be either St. Louis or Anaheim (both are tied in points)....whichever finishes with the better record is where the Jets will travel.

Also of note for Winnipeg---they could either be seated in the Pacific bracket (if its Ducks) or Central bracket (if its Blues)...and THAT could be significant should they get into the 2nd round as the selection of opponents would differ greatly.

I think Minny and the Jets (with apologies to Elton John) are very evenly matched. All their games are tight.

Jets fans have to be liking the Ducks option better than STL, who they have struggled to beat.

Hopefully Perreault's injury last night is not serious. It was the same leg (Left) that injured before, putting him out 6 weeks. That one was almost certainly his knee, but the replay from last night looked harmless in that regard....

He has been SO good for the Jets. Such a smart player.

Archived