This night could be magical in Buffalo

Buffalo Rick

We have waited a long time for this night to come.  Now we have one luxury.  We know we will get either McDavid or Eichel.  But which?  And how much difference do you all think there is between them?  Just imagine the people that make the jersey's.  Poor overworked chinese or mexicans that are being used by a greedy system no doubt.  As soon as the announcement is made by Bettmouse I can see the assembly lines rolling.  McDavid and Eichel will be sold off the shelves.  Imagine if either Buffalo or Arizona pulls a stunner and does not take Eichel but Strome or Hanifan or if Edmonton does not take Hanifan.  Wow.  they will have to burn alot of jersey's.  i may buy a replica.  Like my Trent Edwards jersey that I should cut up and wash dish's with. That is the thing about buying jerseys, especially in hockey. You just do not know if your boy will still be there.  I have Matt Wieters jersey for my Orioles in baseball.  I think that one is safe because even though his contract is up this coming year, the Orioles will not let this great player slip away.  Good luck I guess.  Sort of.  Lets just hope the Bruins do not win this lottery.  If they or  the Kings do the system has failed miserably.  And they should have a rule that a team that has won a Cup within the last 5 or 10 years should not be able to land the number one pick.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have waited a long time for this night to come.  Now we have one luxury.  We know we will get either McDavid or Eichel.  But which?  And how much difference do you all think there is between them?  Just imagine the people that make the jersey's.  Poor overworked chinese or mexicans that are being used by a greedy system no doubt.  As soon as the announcement is made by Bettmouse I can see the assembly lines rolling.  McDavid and Eichel will be sold off the shelves.  Imagine if either Buffalo or Arizona pulls a stunner and does not take Eichel but Strome or Hanifan or if Edmonton does not take Hanifan.  Wow.  they will have to burn alot of jersey's.  i may buy a replica.  Like my Trent Edwards jersey that I should cut up and wash dish's with. That is the thing about buying jerseys, especially in hockey. You just do not know if your boy will still be there.  I have Matt Wieters jersey for my Orioles in baseball.  I think that one is safe because even though his contract is up this coming year, the Orioles will not let this great player slip away.  Good luck I guess.  Sort of.  Lets just hope the Bruins do not win this lottery.  If they or  the Kings do the system has failed miserably.  And they should have a rule that a team that has won a Cup within the last 5 or 10 years should not be able to land the number one pick.

McEichel

No, your getting Eichel

McEichel

No, your getting Eichel

Well that just breaks my heart!  LOL.  What would you give for Eichel to play on your favorite team?  Oops.  Forgot.  You do not have a favorite team.   Yeah right.  I think you are a Leafs fan with a bag over your head.  I am a Sabres fan in 30th place and dancing on the tables tonight

Well that just breaks my heart!  LOL.  What would you give for Eichel to play on your favorite team?  Oops.  Forgot.  You do not have a favorite team.   Yeah right.  I think you are a Leafs fan with a bag over your head.  I am a Sabres fan in 30th place and dancing on the tables tonight

Yes, a Sabres fan that has been waiting for the cup for 44 years, maybe its time for you to find a new team.

Its absolutely delusional to think that one player will make your team playoff contenders

As proven when Lemieux didn't actually make a playoff appearance until 1988, when they actually had a good team...

Unless ofc you think Eichel>Lemieux

then that in itself is a new level of delusional

Yes, a Sabres fan that has been waiting for the cup for 44 years, maybe its time for you to find a new team.

Its absolutely delusional to think that one player will make your team playoff contenders

As proven when Lemieux didn't actually make a playoff appearance until 1988, when they actually had a good team...

Unless ofc you think Eichel>Lemieux

then that in itself is a new level of delusional

First of all, the /Sabres have a very great fan base and organization.  We were screwed by the refs in that Dallas game in 99 if you were around then?  Second, we have a good bunch of guys to go with either McDavid and Eichel.  Evander Kane, Moulson, Girgensons, Gionta, Reinhart, Bogosian, and not just another first round pick, but FA's that will want to play with the new kid on the block.  I do not like your snotty criticism. We are not the only team that has not won a Cup.  that is not all that counts in sports FYI.  Buffalo has had its share of superstar players.  And within the next short time frame you can expect we will be playing for the Cup again. I do not know where you live but I would classify you a fan of whatever team is close to you like  it or not.  

First of all, the /Sabres have a very great fan base and organization.  We were screwed by the refs in that Dallas game in 99 if you were around then?  Second, we have a good bunch of guys to go with either McDavid and Eichel.  Evander Kane, Moulson, Girgensons, Gionta, Reinhart, Bogosian, and not just another first round pick, but FA's that will want to play with the new kid on the block.  I do not like your snotty criticism. We are not the only team that has not won a Cup.  that is not all that counts in sports FYI.  Buffalo has had its share of superstar players.  And within the next short time frame you can expect we will be playing for the Cup again. I do not know where you live but I would classify you a fan of whatever team is close to you like  it or not.

Any fan can say that about their team.

Are you reffering to that Hull goal?....

So would you classify Samifan a New York Rangers fan because he lives in New York and not Philadelphia?

Any fan can say that about their team.

Are you reffering to that Hull goal?....

So would you classify Samifan a New York Rangers fan because he lives in New York and not Philadelphia?

Samifan is on the record for many years as HATING all things Sabres and Bills. :). Western New Yorkers kill me with their obnoxious behavior because I am not a sheep.

A good bunch of guys....and the first one you mention is Evander Kane?

Uh, ya.

No its not.  Eichel is a beast

Hey, as we talked about in shout. I am not disagreeing he will be a good player.

But the consensus out there is McDavid is the #1 pick, and it is not even a question.

When it is not even a question to anyone, that means #2 is not "Nearly equal" as you claim.

OK sure. But you really would have preferred McDavid. Admit it.

I will reserve judgement.  I expected to get Eichel for months.  Lottery draws never work out.  So we had to tank to get one of them.  Never has there been an article by a major media outlet that did not mention both players simultaneously in their reviews.   That speaks volumes about how good Eichel is. And he starred at BU which is huge. As a frosh  I have seen them both and they are both great.  Edmonton has some guys that can score.  I still believe Murray will build a winner in Buffalo much faster than Edmonton.  But we need a goalie.  That is huge

I will reserve judgement.  I expected to get Eichel for months.  Lottery draws never work out.  So we had to tank to get one of them.  Never has there been an article by a major media outlet that did not mention both players simultaneously in their reviews.   That speaks volumes about how good Eichel is. And he starred at BU which is huge. As a frosh  I have seen them both and they are both great.  Edmonton has some guys that can score.  I still believe Murray will build a winner in Buffalo much faster than Edmonton.  But we need a goalie.  That is huge

That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome

Even hockeyjunkie doesn't believe they're equal, which is why he assumes the second pick is Eichel.

I appreciate the brave face, but let's be honest.

By the way, if McDavid is drafted by Edmonton, Eichel WILL end up being the better player.

The loser here is not Buffalo. It's McDavid.

Eichel is fantastic. It doesn't matter if he's not as good as McDavid, he should turn out to be one of the league's best players. Buffalo literally could not lose the lottery. If there's a loser I'd say it was Arizona, they really could have used either McDavid or Eichel. They should still get a great player but maybe not the one who could turn the franchise around.

Archived