Looking at Zac Rinaldo

I LOVE the Volchenkov hit

Yeah but didn't he get suspended for that hit???

Maybe not...i swear i thought he got suspended for hitting the same guy but it must have been a different hit. I'll see if i can find it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great highlights, WOW did Zac ever lay the beat down on a few of those opponents. Anyone know which Ranger was getting throttled by Rinaldo? Man, he laid a royal beating on him. Zac fights with a real anger that is quite refreshing. He throws punches like he's aiming for the face and trying for a wrap around through the face....lol. That was a real fun watch....a lot of bodies in Zac's wake. I LOVE the Volchenkov hit....in many ways, it was symbolic, much like Domi's sucker punch knock out of Ulf...Rinaldo was giving a dirty hit back to one of the all time cheap shot artists, Volchenkov. Poetic justice watching Zac obliterate him and everything he stands for....lol.

Zac fights with a real anger that is quite refreshing.

I can't honestly say I've heard anything like that since the days of...well, Johnny, is that you?  :)

Some great highlights, WOW did Zac ever lay the beat down on a few of those opponents. Anyone know which Ranger was getting throttled by Rinaldo? Man, he laid a royal beating on him. Zac fights with a real anger that is quite refreshing. He throws punches like he's aiming for the face and trying for a wrap around through the face....lol. That was a real fun watch....a lot of bodies in Zac's wake. I LOVE the Volchenkov hit....in many ways, it was symbolic, much like Domi's sucker punch knock out of Ulf...Rinaldo was giving a dirty hit back to one of the all time cheap shot artists, Volchenkov. Poetic justice watching Zac obliterate him and everything he stands for....lol.

I want to echo this.

I think Zac will listen to the coaches direction and do what the coach wants for him to do, as a result his defensive play should pick up as well. I'd like to see him forcheck more often to pry the puck off the players, if he can intimidate the players to cough up the puck or get checked hard into the boards that will be another win. I remember when Lindros use to make players cough up the puck in the corners out of fear.

I wonder what Hak will end up doing with Zac??? Will he make a useful player out of him or will he chill in the press box till he is waived or cut?

I think Hakstol will give Zac a chance. I don't think Zac is as brain dead as people like to portray him as. And he can skate. Hakstol will appreciate that and want to use it to pressure the puck.

Zac wants to be a good pro. Hakstol might be the best thing to have happened to him.

I think Hakstol will give Zac a chance. I don't think Zac is as brain dead as people like to portray him as. And he can skate. Hakstol will appreciate that and want to use it to pressure the puck.

Zac wants to be a good pro. Hakstol might be the best thing to have happened to him.

Pods... this is where I will agree about Zac.  I think he does want to be a good pro and will put in the work.   He seems like a great kid but other than skating and the occasional good hit (outweighed by the frequent dumb hit) I really dont see him as a FT NHL player on a good team.   He is lousy at puck possession and there really is no offensive upside - and by that I mean 5-10 goals.   

I know I come across as a hater but I am calling it like I see it with Zac - I think he is a fringe NHL player.   If he proves me wrong good on him.  I hope I am wrong but I think we know what he is at this point.   Hak could also take the opposite route if Zac continues w/ the boneheaded decision making.   If he is truly about accountability ZR could find it hard to find ice time.

I know I come across as a hater but I am calling it like I see it with Zac - I think he is a fringe NHL player. 

He is. Until he proves otherwise. He got his contract extension. He's got to go prove it. I guess I think his chances of proving it are slightly better than you do. 

He is lousy at puck possession and there really is no offensive upside - and by that I mean 5-10 goals. 

This is true, but I think a 4th line of White (in truth White is better than a 4th line center, but he can be spotted onto other lines, to create some energy), Rinaldo and ? (Vandevelde? Belly?) could be very good. White in particular could make Zac a better player. He makes guys around him better. When I watch a 4th line like the Ducks are rolling these days, with Etem, Sekac and Nate Thompson, I think: that should be achievable!

He is. Until he proves otherwise. He got his contract extension. He's got to go prove it. I guess I think his chances of proving it are slightly better than you do. 

This is true, but I think a 4th line of White (in truth White is better than a 4th line center, but he can be spotted onto other lines, to create some energy), Rinaldo and ? (Vandevelde? Belly?) could be very good. White in particular could make Zac a better player. He makes guys around him better. When I watch a 4th line like the Ducks are rolling these days, with Etem, Sekac and Nate Thompson, I think: that should be achievable!

agreed... with the logjam on D I think White is the priority signing for the current roster.   I have no idea how they are going to sign MDZ w/out moving a few guys on defense which could be a challenge.

agreed... with the logjam on D I think White is the priority signing for the current roster.   I have no idea how they are going to sign MDZ w/out moving a few guys on defense which could be a challenge.

If they don't re-sign White they are morons pure and simple. 

Was thinking the exact same thing in regards to Hak and how he will use/deploy Zac. His style of play should suit Hak fine. He's fast enough to conjure up a legit forecheck, which is something of a prerequisite with our new coach, at least according to what I have read. The fact we hired Hakstol, it may have really helped out Rinaldo's Flyer career.

Was thinking the exact same thing in regards to Hak and how he will use/deploy Zac. His style of play should suit Hak fine. He's fast enough to conjure up a legit forecheck, which is something of a prerequisite with our new coach, at least according to what I have read. The fact we hired Hakstol, it may have really helped out Rinaldo's Flyer career.

This was Hak's version of Zac at North Dakota...Andrew Panzarella

not the biggest guy but he will drop em with anyone....

If they do a 1 on 1 interview with Zac at the Philly site, hopefully the coach would of reached out to him by then, so they can ask him what the coach would want for him assignment wise, since Hackstoll believes in giving each player assignments and expecting them to fulfill them, all pieces having a job and working as a machine.

Archived