King Henrik

hf101

The guy is crazy incredible.

5/13/13: Henrik 35 saves, Rangers win Game 7
5/13/14: Henrik 35 saves, Rangers win Game 7
5/13/15: Henrik 35 saves, Rangers win Game 7

Not only that but Lundqvist is now 10-0 all-time at MSG facing elimination with a 0.87 goals against average, .969 save percentage and two shutouts. He's also won his last six Game 7s overall.

CE75WhPUgAAhht0.png

info via twitter accounts of @AndrewShapiro10@StatsCentre

@hf101'

'

Ya but the Caps have lead 3-1 in 5 playoff series now and have yet to win one. The amazing nucleus of OV/Backstrom and Green have played in 9 game 7s together and won an astounding 3. They have a collective 8 points in those games and have never been past the 2nd round. 

Very impressive. Now that's clutch.

Not only that but Lundqvist is now 10-0 all-time at MSG facing elimination with a 0.87 goals against average, .969 save percentage and two shutouts. He's also won his last six Game 7s overall.

CE75WhPUgAAhht0.png

Not to shabby for a 7th round pick................

Green

And he all by himself got the Rangers back into it with his dumb back to back penalties...the 1st one was iffy the 2nd one after just killing that one off was certainly a-head-up-your-ass moment and it cost them the series....of course not all on that PP but it breathe life back into them...

@OccamsRazor

I'm a huge fan of the one dimensional defenceman who's dimension doesn't include playing defence.

One of my alltime favorite lines from this forum  was @doom88 arguing with Polaris & ragging on Kris Letang saying it's french for "the Mike Green" . I laugh everytime i think of that. 

@mojo1917

That's hilarious. I must have missed that one.

Though Letang is a better player than Green. (don't tell polaris I said that.

Yeah, but so are half of the d-men in the league...

Lundqvist seems to have a knack for numbers coincidences like the one you mentioned in the opening thread, @hf101. On March (3rd month) 9th (3x3) of last year, #30 notched his 300th career win in a 30 save 3-0 shutout win. You've gotta be pretty boss to pull that off. Lol

In all seriousness, though, if the Rangers win the Cup this year, which they very well may, he'll be the top reason. I've never been a fan of the Rangers and never will be, but I've long had an admiration for Lundqvist. It would be hard to be mad if I saw him get his name on the Cup.

One of my alltime favorite lines from this forum  was @doom88 arguing with Polaris & ragging on Kris Letang saying it's french for "the Mike Green" . I laugh everytime i think of that. 

Absolute classic by the doomster.....I chuckle every time I think about it also.

CE75WhPUgAAhht0.png

The #1 clutch goalie of this era....hands down, when it matters the most, Lundy comes through. It's not even debateable, the King rules the roost!!  As much as I hate the rags, it's been an honour to have him in our division and watch his greatness unfold.

Archived