Babcock has narrowed it down to 3....Detroit, Philly and Buffalo...

jammer2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been there (though with far fewer zeros). If you know you're worth more than you're getting but you want to keep doing what you're doing where you're doing it, you get some offers. 

I can say without a shred of false modesty that I think I get paid exactly what I'm worth. 

I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. 

But you know what? It can't be just about money - and in that case, I just can't see Buffalo as his choice. Lots of great young prospects, but the history in Buffalo is not good in terms of putting their money where their mouth is when push comes to shove. The Flyers have that history and would do anything to win, and Babcock knows that. 

I think it's Philly - Buffalo and Detroit are smokescreens.

What Red Wings don't do everything to win??????? What has he done lately and has a better team in Detroit than here!

What Red Wings don't do everything to win??????? What has he done lately and has a better team in Detroit than here!

I said earlier in the thread that the whole thing might very well be smoke and mirrors to leverage a better deal from Detroit, where he really wants to be. That could still happen. 

But if he wants to leave, and the choice is between Buffalo and Philly, in my mind, there's not much choice to make. It would be Philly. Of course, I'm biased :)

Are the Flyers dumb enough to hire sight unseen?

C'mon you're not new to the Flyers its what ever draws the biggest headlines....they have competition with the racist coach in town they are losing the headline battle....they have to pick it up!!! ;)

Exactly why settle for 3 or 4mill per year when you can have 5 or 6???

C'mon you're not new to the Flyers its what ever draws the biggest headlines....they have competition with the racist coach in town they are losing the headline battle....they have to pick it up!!! ;)

You should get Sharpton to go to Philly to picket the Eagles! Your right about the money so who is the back up?

I said earlier in the thread that the whole thing might very well be smoke and mirrors to leverage a better deal from Detroit, where he really wants to be. That could still happen. 

But if he wants to leave, and the choice is between Buffalo and Philly, in my mind, there's not much choice to make. It would be Philly. Of course, I'm biased :)

fall back guy is?

You should get Sharpton to go to Philly to picket the Eagles! Your right about the money so who is the back up?

I say Kevin Dineen he is currently busy with the Blackhawks in the playoffs...even if Babcock spurns them they may come out and deny they had much interest in the 1st place and just sign Dineen...we'll see...then turn around and give them a 3rd as compensation...just my guess...

Mike Babcock is moving up his self-imposed decision deadline from May 25 to May 20. He announced the change during an interview with TSN's Darren Dreger on Friday.

"To be honest with you, decision date is going to be moved up.. by the 20th, I'll decide." Mike Babcock to @DarrenDreger

— Gino Reda (@GinoRedaTSN) May 15, 2015

Dreger also interviewed Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland. All signs point to Babcock remaining with the Red Wings, but he is expected to command as much as $5 million per year, which could be too much for Detroit's budget.

"This process has been interesting and my head is spinning," Babcock said.

Looks like we will know soon if its Philadelphia, Detroit, Toronto or someplace else.

Awesome post OR! Lol!

Mike Babcock is moving up his self-imposed decision deadline from May 25 to May 20. He announced the change during an interview with TSN's Darren Dreger on Friday.

"To be honest with you, decision date is going to be moved up.. by the 20th, I'll decide." Mike Babcock to @DarrenDreger

— Gino Reda (@GinoRedaTSN) May 15, 2015

Dreger also interviewed Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland. All signs point to Babcock remaining with the Red Wings, but he is expected to command as much as $5 million per year, which could be too much for Detroit's budget.

"This process has been interesting and my head is spinning," Babcock said.

Looks like we will know soon if its Philadelphia, Detroit, Toronto or someplace else.

So he hasn't met with the Flyers yet and has moved up his timeline to make a decision? That doesn't bode well for the Flyers, does it? Sounds like he's already made a decision, no?

So he hasn't met with the Flyers yet and has moved up his timeline to make a decision? That doesn't bode well for the Flyers, does it? Sounds like he's already made a decision, no?

Yeah Hextall isn't even flying over to meet him at the WC where he'll be at??? Doesn't sound encouraging....so get use to Dineen......

Yeah Hextall isn't even flying over to meet him at the WC where he'll be at??? Doesn't sound encouraging....so get use to Dineen......

I just don't see this happening with Babcock honestly. He pushes up his deadline to the 20th and has not even come to Philly. Reading some tea leaves here but I really don't think he is leaving Detroit.

It will be interesting if Babcock does not even come to Philly to interview since this is the guy Hextall was supposedly targeting.

Time for Giroux to take him out to a bar and show him how much "he would be appreciated in Philly" :)

Archived