Getting the Third Pick from ARZ? Realistic and not...

I think the flyers trade up to the #3 to get Strome...

Any combantion of Vinny and D-men to get the deal done .. 

Yotes need to reach the ground floor.

Might have to throw in Schenn or Cooter also ..

Yotes are not gonna take McDud because of his contract.

Same with Vinny, plus a player on his downside of his career.

L .Schenn is viable.

Would like to see what Hakstol can do with B. Schenn.

I'm not trading Coots.

You need to give draft picks away.......alot of draft picks, IMO

In a draft this steep, Arizona who needs help both defensively and offensively, will want a kings ransom for the #3 pick.  Not worth it.  Stand pat and get Provorov at #7.  Sanheim / Provorov and you will be set at the blue-line for years.......

Please stop.   Vinny and anything does not move up. It moves back.   It will take both our first round picks and probably a prospect to move to #3.

Please stop.   Vinny and anything does not move up. It moves back.   It will take both our first round picks and probably a prospect to move to #3.

Surely a package Vinny, McDud, Grossmann, Umby and L. Schenn could get us the #3 pick  :ph34r:

Surely a package Vinny, McDud, Grossmann, Umby and L. Schenn could get us the #3 pick  :ph34r:

Throw in a bag of pucks and a several bags of popcorn and you got yourself a deal! :D

I went looking for a team that has a similar number of ridiculous, bloated, useless contracts to make a comparison to.

Unfortunately, there aren't any. And the few that are out there (*cough* Mike RIchards *cough*) are former Flyers...

#homercoaster

uh, they might need to reach the ground floor, but they can do that through UFA. No way do they simply give you that 3rd overall.

There have been a few articles done that attempt to create a valuation chart. Based on one, #7 + #61 should get you to #3. On another, #7 + #29 would be pretty close.

While I can respect the work of some of these scribes, one has to wonder if Phoenix Arizona is using the same "valuations."

I simply can't see them dealing #3 for a 7th overall and 3rd rounder, for example. Not even sure 7/29 gets them there.

I didn't realize that the Yotes were 18+ Million under the floor.

They have all of 11 players signed at the moment. They have 7 RFAs from last year and a boatload of kids beyond that.

Maybe give them #29 and VLC and Pronger for their 2nd rounder? :cool[1]:

Then the trick is convincing VLC that he really really wants to play in Phoenix.

Throw in Rob Zepp one of Bob Clarke's diet cokes and we might be able to land the #1 pick!

I'm hearing from several sources that Edmonton demands that Diet Coke be autographed by Clarkie.

I'd give them Pronger's contract for a 2020 7th. It's still a real longshot that you could make that move, but I definitely have that conversation if I'm Hextall. Realistically, I think what you will see is Arizona try to trade for one of the guys that teams might have to sell low on to get under the cap. Then sign some UFAs to mid-long term, backloaded contracts that see them pay fewer dollars up front than the cap number in order to get them to the floor - with the hope that in a few years, once they've exercised their out clause and moved to a location that is more amenable to an NHL team, their gate numbers will rise and help cover those rising salaries.

Then the trick is convincing VLC that he really really wants to play in Phoenix.

Followed by the second trick of convincing Arizona that they really really want the Coyotes to play there.

While I can respect the work of some of these scribes, one has to wonder if Phoenix Arizona is using the same "valuations."

I simply can't see them dealing #3 for a 7th overall and 3rd rounder, for example. Not even sure 7/29 gets them there.

They have all of 11 players signed at the moment. They have 7 RFAs from last year and a boatload of kids beyond that.

Maybe give them #29 and VLC and Pronger for their 2nd rounder? :cool[1]:

Or, introduce Vinny to what a nice area of "retirement" communities exist in Glendale.

I heard hypnosis can be very effective......

Vinny....watch the watch...you are eyes are getting very heavy......

watch_animation.gif

Repeat after me...Arizona is a nice place to visit.  The Coyotes will pay you handsomely.

Arizona is warm...you like warm.  Come to Arizona and be happy!  :)

I heard hypnosis can be very effective......

Vinny....watch the watch...you are eyes are getting very heavy......

watch_animation.gif

Repeat after me...Arizona is a nice place to visit.  The Coyotes will pay you handsomely.

Arizona is warm...you like warm.  Come to Arizona and be happy!  :)

vinny.jpg

"No! I signed a no movement clause in good faith and intend to play out my contract. Buy me out like Tampa"

vinny.jpg

"No! I signed a no movement clause in good faith and intend to play out my contract. Buy me out like Tampa"

No Vinny......

Untitled-1.jpg

You will go to Arizona to play hockey........  You will end your contract with the Flyers... :)

watch_animation.gif

Archived