Unleash the Homers

klindsey

Okay, so there isn't a ton going on in the NHL world besides a little free agency. That doesn't mean we can't talk about next season though, right? The only catch is I want to see complete homerism. Meaning I want to hear your most outlandish predictions for your favorite team and players. I'll go first.

I think we win 74 games, passing the 1976-1977 Canadiens for the best record in NHL history. 

The most goals anyone will score on us will be 4.

We will not lose a regular season game in regulation. At all. 

We will sweep everyone in the playoffs, beating the Kings first round, and the Senators in the Stanley Cup. Hehe. 

Corey Perry will score 91 goals, falling just short of The Great One. 

Getzlaf will have a +/- of +52, and 49 goals. 

Finally, the Ducks will be named the best team we have ever witnessed, and another Mighty Ducks movie will be made in their honor. 

Whooh Wee! That's hard to beat, except for this personal achievement by an individual player. Giroux will win the scoring title while playing with 3 different broken bones from game 1 of the pre-season. I suspect it will be a leg, arm and clavicle. When offered LTIR status to have surgery he falls out of his chair laughing and breaks his wrist in mid-October. From that point forward the NHL issues a new award each year known as the PHLFLY.....

Okay, so there isn't a ton going on in the NHL world besides a little free agency. That doesn't mean we can't talk about next season though, right? The only catch is I want to see complete homerism. Meaning I want to hear your most outlandish predictions for your favorite team and players. I'll go first.

I think we win 74 games, passing the 1976-1977 Canadiens for the best record in NHL history. 

We will sweep everyone in the playoffs, beating the Kings first round, and the Senators in the Stanley Cup. Hehe. 

Finally, the Ducks will be named the best team we have ever witnessed, and another Mighty Ducks movie will be made in their honor. 

Burns is declared captain. His opening speech is a war cry from Chewbacca.

burnsiihfmug.0.0.png

Sharks will begin with a modest 10 game winning streak(First game of the season, a blood game goes off, as jones smashes Quick at center ice, leans over his semi conscious form and says "U mad bro?"), then lose a game to a team they should have beaten. At which point, they go on another winning streak, this time 12 games, and on and on the season goes. Eventually, we tie the regular season record.

Jones in his first season as starter, wins the Vezina with an astounding 96.7% save percentage and a 1.25GAA.

Thornton leads the league in assists a 4th time in his career(Not so homerish actually. He was 2nd 2 years ago and 7th last year). A feat made more incredible since he centers a line with Karlsson and Ward.

Pavelski wins the rocket Richard with 51 goals.

Marleau under a new coach, turns it around again like he did when Wilson was fired. Analysts argue over whether he or Couture deserve the Selke.

Couture scores 70, a new career high from his 67 last year.

Nieto and Hertl have breakout years, each scoring 50 points. Sharks begin to worry over their extensions for next season.

Burns wins the norris, Vlasic coming in 3rd(A rare feat for a defensive Dman)

Donskoi and Goldobin make the big team and contribute meaningfully.

Deboer shows why going to the finals with jersey was no fluke by finally coaching the Sharks, a team that has waited long and hard, to the cup! Along the way, they sweep rival Kings in the first round. Lucic spears Dillon in the nuts from behind, laughing, only to realize he has skated right towards Jumbo Joe, who crushes him in single combat similar to Chara ragdolling McCabe. Doughty cries, The sharks then pound the ducks 4-1 in the second round and then dispatching the reigning champs, Chicago in obliterating fashion, outscoring them 22-3 in the series.

The finals were almost a mockery as everyone knows the East is the easier conference and considered the western finals to be the actual finals. It almost appears to be pond Hockey as the Sharks dispatch the bolts.

Against all odds, Thornton wins the Conn Smytheiljzxa.gif

Oh, I've been making a homer call since last season, and I will repeat:

Wild vs Lightning, Stanley Cup Finals.

And I woulda had it too, but those damned Blackhawks, forever in the way of the Minnesota Wild.

3 years running!

I honestly felt that if the Wild had beaten the Hawks, they take out the Ducks and move to the Finals!

So calling that again this year.

Bolts get back to the Finals and face down my adopted sons from St. Paul.

Oh, and both Braydon Coburn (TB) and Nate Prosser (Min) are up for the Norris after they revamp the rules mid season to do away with offensive defensemen winning the award, and start awarding it to manly studs like Coby and The Pross. ;)

Steve Stamkos, in a contract year, plays absolutely out of his ever lovin, frickin mind, wins the Art Ross, wins the Rocket Richard, and forces the Lightning to break Fort Knox in order to pay him.....

Devan Dubnyk duplicates his magical run from last season...only THIS time, for the encore, the does it starting from Game 1!!

Meanwhile, poor Darcy Kuemper has to dust off and clear off the cobwebs from lack of use....

That will put Dubnyk in direct competition with Ben Bishop for the Vezina, causing many in the hockey media to go, "Carey who...??" :D

Flyer predictions:

Vincent LeCavalier will win the Art Ross trophy after being named the Flyers #1 center during training camp because Giroux injured his wrist trying to "cop-a-feel" on an unsuspecting patron in an Ottawa Night club.

Ed Snider will wake from his 6 month Tapioca pudding induced slumber and realize Ron Hextall is trying to introduce a fresh perspective. Snider will immediately fire Hextall and rename Craig "brightest mind in hockey" Berube Head Coach.

The NHL will rule against the LA Kings regarding Mike Richards. The NHL will find that the Flyers, specifically Jim McCrossin was responsible for getting Richards addicted to Oxy. The NHL will rule Richards must return to Philly for 5 more years and play for the Flyers. Richards will immediately get the Center City Band back together and the Flyers will re-acquire Carter, Hartnell, Lupul, Upshall and Carcillo.

Steve Mason will have better stats than Ryan Miller ;)

The Sens break the NHL records for wins and points. The Leafs fall further into the hole. Ottawa sweeps through the playoffs, taking down the Flames in the Finals. The awards ceremony is a landslide.

Hart and Norris: Erik Karlsson

Art Ross and Selke: Mark Stone

Rocket Richard: Mike Hoffman

Vezina Trophy: Craig Anderson

Calder: Colin White

Jack Adams: Dave Cameron

Bob Clarke invents the first way back machine and travels back in time to make sure Carl and Bonnie Lindros never meet. Chants of "1940" still ring out when the Rangers are in town, and all Flyerdom sleeps well thinking about those 3 Cups in the 90s.

Flyer predictions:

Vincent LeCavalier will win the Art Ross trophy after being named the Flyers #1 center during training camp because Giroux injured his wrist trying to "cop-a-feel" on an unsuspecting patron in an Ottawa Night club.

Ed Snider will wake from his 6 month Tapioca pudding induced slumber and realize Ron Hextall is trying to introduce a fresh perspective. Snider will immediately fire Hextall and rename Craig "brightest mind in hockey" Berube Head Coach.

The NHL will rule against the LA Kings regarding Mike Richards. The NHL will find that the Flyers, specifically Jim McCrossin was responsible for getting Richards addicted to Oxy. The NHL will rule Richards must return to Philly for 5 more years and play for the Flyers. Richards will immediately get the Center City Band back together and the Flyers will re-acquire Carter, Hartnell, Lupul, Upshall and Carcillo.

Steve Mason will have better stats than Ryan Miller ;)

VQmF076.gif

The Wings will win the division by 20 points, Dylan Larkin will win the Calder as the leagues best rookie, Nick Kronwall and Mike Green will be a nightmare for other teams when the Wings are on the power play and will score 15-20 goals each.

The Bluejackets will win their division and the two teams, the Wings and Jackets will meet in the conference final.

My wife, a Jacket fan and my teenage daughter will move out after the Wings win the first two games by a combinded score of 12-0.

Heather Locklear, hearing of my plight as a recently separated hockey fan will come over wearing a Darren McCarty jersey to 'comfort me.'

The Wings will go on to win the cup. I wont care.

Hell, if we are talking fantasy, might as well go the full boat.

Archived