Bumberger

Samifan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Meltzer is reporting RJ will be switching his jersey number from 18 to 20 this season. I guess that clears the way for Richards to return to Philly :P:ph34r:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-New-Sweater-Numbers-Junior-Prospects-Alumni-and-More/45/70305

Meltzer need s to stop following me/stealing my info i just posted this on the Gagner thread last night....now Eklund will never hire me.

Well atleast i still have my trusty annonomous source (rux-o-rad)!!!! ;)

Bill Meltzer is reporting RJ will be switching his jersey number from 18 to 20 this season. I guess that clears the way for Richards to return to Philly :P  :ph34r:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-New-Sweater-Numbers-Junior-Prospects-Alumni-and-More/45/70305

Ugh what an insult to Dave Poulin, Jim Watson, and Chris Pronger!  This is almost as bad as when Modry wore 26...I felt that that was a major insult to Brian Propp.

Ugh what an insult to Dave Poulin, Jim Watson, and Chris Pronger!  This is almost as bad as when Modry wore 26...I felt that that was a major insult to Brian Propp.

Agreed! I am sure Watson, Poulin and Pronger all threw up in their mouths a little bit after hearing the news they have been besmirched by RJ.

A)  Ha Ha Ha!

B)  If someone did sign him, they'd sign him for whatever they wanted, not his old deal...

C) Ha ha.

D) It does feel weird starting a season without 19 centers.

Bill Meltzer is reporting RJ will be switching his jersey number from 18 to 20 this season. I guess that clears the way for Richards to return to Philly :P  :ph34r:

They're technically both still alive.  Maybe someone should ask them?

Also, Poulin might barf a little, but Pronger would probably just kick his butt.

Agreed! I am sure Watson, Poulin and Pronger all threw up in their mouths a little bit after hearing the news they have been besmirched by RJ.

The mystery of Umberger still astounds me.

There are just so many unanswered questions.  oR at least questions unanswered to my satisfaction.

A)  Did Hextall TRULY know about this injury before the trade?

B)  If Hextall did TRULY know about this injury before the trade, why wasn't he given the surgery immediately?

C)  If he wasn't given the surgery immediately because some players "play through" this injury, why wasn't RJ pulled and given the surgery at some point in the season when it was glaringly obvious to ALL that he wasn't capable of playing well enough to compete?

D)  If the staff and the team knew he had this injury, why was VLC repeatedly benched for being bad (while grossly outscoring RJ from the 4th line) while RJ was repeatedly asked to play 3rd line minutes every night?

These questions will never be answered because apparently no one cares except for me, least of all the joke of the Flyers Pres Corps, but damn it, I'd really like to know so I'm not left to my own suspicions and conjecture. 

I won't say it's worse than some of Homer's headscratchers but the Hartnell for Umberger trade ranks right up there somewhere. Use whatever rationale you care to, I think it was pretty obvious that RJ's best days were behind him when Hextall gave up fan-favorite Hartnell to bring him to Philly (and let's face it RJ's best days were never anything to write home about).

So far that's the one real bad move during Hextall's time managing the Flyers.

Use whatever rationale you care to, I think it was pretty obvious that RJ's best days were behind him when Hextall gave up fan-favorite Hartnell to bring him to Philly (and let's face it RJ's best days were never anything to write home about).

B-b-b-but in two more years smell the cap relief!

:ph34r:

...doubtful but wishful thinking...

Oh, right, the player with the breakout playoff burst (15p in 17g) that convinced Columbus he was worth a first (Luca Sbisa) and third rounder (Marc-Andre Bourdon).

4 points in 8 playoff games over six seasons later, he's ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ack...

:hocky:

Oh, right, the player with the breakout playoff burst (15p in 17g) that convinced Columbus he was worth a first (Luca Sbisa) and third rounder (Marc-Andre Bourdon).

4 points in 8 playoff games over six seasons later, he's ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ack...

:hocky:

Well he has been injured so he is suppose to be healthy to start this year....it's progress...and about all you can hope for now...

Oh, no - I'm "hoping" about a lot of things Flyers these days.

Maybe we should just send out a message to someone who might be able to help:

I agree.

But who shall we insert this message into to project??? And to who shall we project said message to??? 

Maybe Hexy saw what was going to happen in the season, and let it take its course hoping for a higher first round pick but not openly stating it or making obvious moves to tank. He laid out his plan for a rebuild from the net out and Draft picks is what he wanted to a aquire to build from within the organization, he saw the banana peel around the corner this season, and didn't tell the players to watch out, he let them deal with it. He said he knew Umby was hurt, he allowed the spiral to happen observing from a safe distance to not be directly involved in blatant tanking, he let it unfold on its own hoping the pieces fall the right way. He also has standards of conduct on and off the ice, if the players don't display them, he will eventually move them from the team. He has his vision of who his core players are and he believes in having forwards paired by two and a complementary piece on wing, building from within and adding FA pieces to complement the core pieces.

Archived