The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

The team is playing very bad, as TFG said. They are allowing a lot of high danger shots and, well, not scoring or maintaining pressure. Spending a lot of time in their own end. Their top 2 Centers are both in their late 30's

I declined grabbing Forsberg on waivers for my work league after taking a close look at the advanced stats

Once the team tightens up and starts playing with confidence again, it will be better. They really REALLY need a #1 C though(Although even a #2 C would help them). Either play Forsberg in his natural position, or bite the bullet and trade for one.

If Fisher was not winning a zillion faceoffs, I would have dumped him in 2 leagues. As it happens, him and Kesler are golden for faceoffs, so it makes them consistently acquire points for me.

I think good call on Forsberg.

Like I said, I don't get to watch much Nashville, so good info from you and TFG.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think good call on Forsberg.

Like I said, I don't get to watch much Nashville, so good info from you and TFG.

Well, I was on the fence until our conversation yesterday. Then I took a deep look at everything and combed the Nashville boards to see who was being put on the torture rack by the fans lol.

Effectively, if Nashville acquired a #1 C, I would scoop Forsberg up within minutes

I had a good week with my fhl teams 3 wins.  

I've been 1st now for 3 weeks in NAHANA for the first time ever,  I've moved up to 2nd... in the philly.com pay league - still some ground to make up to catch @yave1964, and I've moved back into the top 6 in the HF.net league. 

And you face me this week!

We were the top 2 scorers last week too. 198.2 to 191.9

Should be a barnburner :)

@J0e Th0rnton

It should be a good week. I struggled with who to play and who to bench when it came to my wingers.  And I only have 2 starts with Holtby thus there is a lot of pressure on Luongo to get me 4 wins.   :blink[1]:

My HF.net team is kinda a win one week lose the next, but hey maybe this is the week for two in a row.  

Best of Luck - 

@ruxpin

@J0e Th0rnton

To be fair to Rinne, his GAA (current 2.34) is right where his career average is (2.35), biggest difference being that his sv% is just a bit down (current .911 vs career .919) due to the team in front of him not only giving up MORE shots against him, but higher quality shots as well.

This month alone, his defense has allowed him to see games where he had to fend off 36 and 40 SOG...VERY un-Nashville-like.

One could argue that you could have a guy like Price or Lundqvist right now behind this team and THEY'D give up more goals and lose more games due to the lousy quality of defense and coverage that is being played in front of him.

Rinne definitely needs to play better (he is the type of goalie that at his best, CAN carry a team after all), but I would also dare say, that if it wasn't for Rinne stopping the sometimes large barrages of shots heading his way, the team would likely be in WORST shape.

Basically, if Rinne isn't getting help from his team (which is supposed to be a Predator strength...overall team defense), then he or other top tier guys wouldn't fare much better, IMO.

Watching Nashville play, the skaters simply aren't playing with a ton of confidence in front of their netminder.

@J0e Th0rnton

It should be a good week. I struggled with who to play and who to bench when it came to my wingers.  And I only have 2 starts with Holtby thus there is a lot of pressure on Luongo to get me 4 wins.   :blink[1]:

My HF.net team is kinda a win one week lose the next, but hey maybe this is the week for two in a row.  

Best of Luck - 

Good luck to you too :)

My struggles involved Fisher vs Bjugstad vs Anisimov in the utility position. Fisher only plays 3 games, but actually has been scoring the past week and takes twice as many faceoffs and hits a hell of a lot more. Bjugstad plays 4 games, but has been a bit cold on scoring and his faceoffs are down since Barkov's return. Anisimov, well, he is with Kane. A fire Hydrant would be getting points with Kane right now, but his peripheral stats are below the cut I am used to.

I briefly flirted with the idea of Foligno over Hertl. But since Dubs is back, Foligno is no longer playing C and taking faceoffs and he has been pretty cold. Hertl was benched in the 3rd of a game last week and responded well the next game with a goal and assist.

Also, I benched Dubnyk for the first time this year in favor of Smith.

@ruxpin

@J0e Th0rnton

To be fair to Rinne, his GAA (current 2.34) is right where his career average is (2.35), biggest difference being that his sv% is just a bit down (current .911 vs career .919) due to the team in front of him not only giving up MORE shots against him, but higher quality shots as well.

This month alone, his defense has allowed him to see games where he had to fend off 36 and 40 SOG...VERY un-Nashville-like.

One could argue that you could have a guy like Price or Lundqvist right now behind this team and THEY'D give up more goals and lose more games due to the lousy quality of defense and coverage that is being played in front of him.

Rinne definitely needs to play better (he is the type of goalie that at his best, CAN carry a team after all), but I would also dare say, that if it wasn't for Rinne stopping the sometimes large barrages of shots heading his way, the team would likely be in WORST shape.

Basically, if Rinne isn't getting help from his team (which is supposed to be a Predator strength...overall team defense), then he or other top tier guys wouldn't fare much better, IMO.

Watching Nashville play, the skaters simply aren't playing with a ton of confidence in front of their netminder.

See, this is why I have an extraordinary hard time thinking of trading Rinne

Made a trade with Polaris today in the Philly.com league.

I traded Drew Doughty for Boone Jenner straight up.

This league is one that defenseman matter a lot, 2 cats, hits and blocks can make or break your week, but I have Buff who one of the best on the PP and among the tops in the league in hits, I have 2 shot blockers extraordinaire in Russell and De Haan, and win that cat every week because of them. Carlson is my money guy for offense (along with Buff) and I am waiting for Trouba to get it going, and have Brodie to boot. I was over a defenseman and needed to make a move.

My problem was RW where I have found myself a bit short, trading Doughty for Jenner helped balance my lineup. We start 5 d-men and 3 RW and set the lineup every night, I was down to four RWers after picking up Hellboy and Condon and cutting two lower tier RW players to get them.

So in short, I moved out two lower level wingers and Doughty, and added Jenner, Condon and Hellboy. I have been struggling all year in goalie starts, riding Luongo and Lundqvist and dealing with the fact that nobody wants to trade a goalie. I am in first place, by an absurd amount for this early in the year, and while I hated losing Doughty overall I feel my team is a lot better. As for Polaris, he has been the opposite of me, strong on wingers and only carrying the minimum amount of d-men so this gives him greater flexibility. Overall, I think it was a win/win for both of us.

Metedeke grabbed the two centers that I was looking to pick up (Filpula and Vermette) in hopes of winning the F/O category so for the first time all year I am going to lose a category that I always win. Thank God my goalies are playing out their rears, I should still win this week but it is going to be awful tight.

I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating HF this week. 2 Centers put on IR in the first game of the week.............

Ouch.....I am just barely ahead of EDI in the HF league. Gonna be another close one for me.

Ouch.....I am just barely ahead of EDI in the HF league. Gonna be another close one for me.

Zibanejad and Fisher both smashed out of action first game of the week = no points :(

Both were on hot streaks too :( Zibanejad had around 30 points combined in his last 6 games, and Fisher had goals in 3 consecutive games and a ton of its + Faceoffs.

ARRRRG

And in my work league, in 3 goalie games plays, I have 2 wins, a 2.01GAA and a 93.6sv%. Should be great right? Wrong. my opponents goalies has 3 Wins, a 1.00GAA and a 95.5sv% + a SO

I would need 2 shutouts just to overtake him since he is benching them all now. The only category I have a decent shot at winning is wins because he will likely keep them benched and take 3 categories unless I pull a shutout.

Grr I don't know if this is a gripe or a crow until the game is over.

I'm not sure if it didn't save or if I got called away without doing it or what but I intended to bench Lehtonen tonight in favor of Neuvirth knowing full well hat Lehtonen played last night and wouldn't tonight.

I came home and realized Neuvirth is still sitting on my bench. I'm not as concerned about the W category (might be nice, though) but it might end up costing me the SV category.

Zibanejad and Fisher both smashed out of action first game of the week = no points :(

Both were on hot streaks too :( Zibanejad had around 30 points combined in his last 6 games, and Fisher had goals in 3 consecutive games and a ton of its + Faceoffs.

ARRRRG

And in my work league, in 3 goalie games plays, I have 2 wins, a 2.01GAA and a 93.6sv%. Should be great right? Wrong. my opponents goalies has 3 Wins, a 1.00GAA and a 95.5sv% + a SO

I would need 2 shutouts just to overtake him since he is benching them all now. The only category I have a decent shot at winning is wins because he will likely keep them benched and take 3 categories unless I pull a shutout.

Incredible. I pulled ahead in wins and save % last night after he played Condon VA Carolina and he let in 3 goals. Bishop and Hellboy got the wins and great save percentage.

And I blasted ahead in some of tHe scoring cats. Winning 6-5 now

My choice tonight is if Bishop/hellboy play, do I play them to try to overtake gaa and so

I only have to mention this because for the first time ever in 8 years of playing in Nahana, I'm in first place in the regular season.  Just overtook @hf101 by a nose for first.  Of course, I play HF this week so it will be short-lived, but I had to post it for the five minutes it was true.  :)

I only have to mention this because for the first time ever in 8 years of playing in Nahana, I'm in first place in the regular season.  Just overtook @hf101 by a nose for first.  Of course, I play HF this week so it will be short-lived, but I had to post it for the five minutes it was true.   :)

ha, I have more wins (by 2) and yet I'm in second place.   I had a tough week against Neat, thanks to Rask I managed the win.  It should be a good matchup all week, as long as I don't forget to move all my players that are playing off the bench...  Good luck Rux.   :cool[1]:

I lost my Philly.com league matchup to MadDog last week.  Somehow I overlooked Muzzin as he was next to the IR position on the bench.  Of course he scored 1 goal and 2 assists.  The 2 lost assists would have gotten me the win and then we would have tied for points.  In essence instead of losing 8-6 I we would have been tied at 7-7.  oh well, I'm still miles behind yave who is comfortably seated in first place.

I managed a big win over J0e in the HF.net league moving me up to a 6-3 record and into a tie at 3rd place.

It should be a good matchup all week, as long as I don't forget to move all my players that are playing off the bench..

Yeah, I made that mistake last week with my goalies on Friday night.   I thought it had cost me the SV category but then realized Neuvirth only had 15 saves so it really didn't matter.   It would have cost me W if Lundqvist hadn't pulled one out last night.

You have me by a lot of man games this week, so this could be ugly.   Good luck this week!

Finally had a good week combining offense and goaltending for a 10-3-2 win over those Zamboni Boys.

Pulled all the way into 10th place - and face #11 Bogey's Fogeys this week.

We had a Shea Weber sighting this week - and his hat trick was the difference in the goal category. Somehow managed to win FWs (that would be FA addition Victor Rask's 15 FWs)

Might have even been more competitive if not taking a "flyer" on Jonas Gustavsson, who managed 8 saves on 11 shots against Calgary. In related news, I am available for sabotaging your favorite team by picking up players from them.

And we may finally get Logan Couture back from injury before the end of the year.

Your Elsinore Catamounts thank you for your support.

Gripe:

Well, the Michael Stone experiment is over after just a week.

Figured I'd be ahead of the game picking up a shut down D-man from a team (Arizona) that no one seems to pay much attention to outside of Domi, OEL, Boedker, and Duclair.

He had been producing...mostly on the coattails of said players, yes, but he gained me very little this past week......and he was a minus player almost every time he was out on top of that.

Sorry Stone, your team isn't consistent enough for me to carry you and your multi minuses for more than a week!

If I wanted minuses, I would have stuck with Calgary defensemen.... :P

Crow or Gripe:

I am not sure which it is yet...but I took the plunge and added "The Beast" (hehe) Michael Del Zotto to my defense corp this week.

He seems to be doing really well and fantasy-wise, putting up points.....but errrr, he IS on the Flyers. Those guys can look like world beaters one week, draft lottery candidates the next!

MDZ will usually go as his team does (or is it the other way around!?)....at any rate, here is hoping he still has some of that offensive spark, some of that hitting snarl, and sniper SOG mentality.......at least for this week. I am giving the guy some ice time.

Hope "The Beast" doesn't disappoint me....

ha, I have more wins (by 2) and yet I'm in second place.   I had a tough week against Neat, thanks to Rask I managed the win.  It should be a good matchup all week, as long as I don't forget to move all my players that are playing off the bench...  Good luck Rux.   :cool[1]:

I lost my Philly.com league matchup to MadDog last week.  Somehow I overlooked Muzzin as he was next to the IR position on the bench.  Of course he scored 1 goal and 2 assists.  The 2 lost assists would have gotten me the win and then we would have tied for points.  In essence instead of losing 8-6 I we would have been tied at 7-7.  oh well, I'm still miles behind yave who is comfortably seated in first place.

I managed a big win over J0e in the HF.net league moving me up to a 6-3 record and into a tie at 3rd place.

Sitting in third in Nahana behind you and Rux, although truth be told my team is not that impressive. If I lose Dubnyk for any length of time, it could be ugly. But my goalies were insanely good last week led by Gibson and Hellboy. I hate relying on kids but they were lights out.

Won a squeaker in ESPN to hold onto first at 7-2 just trying to ride out some injuries.

As for Philly.com, I am absolutely owning the league this year, a team of solid players who shine in multiple categories, no real superstars excepting Lundqvist but every player serves a purpose. Quite proud of my team there.

So first place in two leagues, third in the other. I will take it.

Gripe:

Well, the Michael Stone experiment is over after just a week.

Figured I'd be ahead of the game picking up a shut down D-man from a team (Arizona) that no one seems to pay much attention to outside of Domi, OEL, Boedker, and Duclair.

He had been producing...mostly on the coattails of said players, yes, but he gained me very little this past week......and he was a minus player almost every time he was out on top of that.

Sorry Stone, your team isn't consistent enough for me to carry you and your multi minuses for more than a week!

If I wanted minuses, I would have stuck with Calgary defensemen.... :P

Crow or Gripe:

I am not sure which it is yet...but I took the plunge and added "The Beast" (hehe) Michael Del Zotto to my defense corp this week.

He seems to be doing really well and fantasy-wise, putting up points.....but errrr, he IS on the Flyers. Those guys can look like world beaters one week, draft lottery candidates the next!

MDZ will usually go as his team does (or is it the other way around!?)....at any rate, here is hoping he still has some of that offensive spark, some of that hitting snarl, and sniper SOG mentality.......at least for this week. I am giving the guy some ice time.

Hope "The Beast" doesn't disappoint me....

They just had a bad week. I have OEL and Boedker in my work league and they were a combined -12(-10 OEL, who often partner's with Stone). On top of that Burns was -6 on the week. It is amazing I was only -6 overall. Bless Larkin and his +5 and even Ghost and his +3.

Crow:

Ondrej Palat is back from injury, which means, starting next week, I can activate him and have him on my FHL team!!

Gripe:

In his absence, I've put together a pretty solid group of forwards.....if I want to keep Palat, I am going to have to drop one. :(

Unless, I decide to drop a D-man (also a solid group) and go with not having a D-man on the bench....

Decisions, decisions...

Gripe. Since the VETO of that ridiculous Seguin trade in our work league, the 2 guys in the trade + a good friend of one of them have formed a troika for VETO voting pretty much everything as long as they can convince 1 more person, they get 4 veto votes and overturn anything. Or so another guy in the league was told. He told me yesterday not to be surprised when both my trades were vetoed even though they are fair and explained that one of the 3 implied as much to him. So I am pretty much going to pay for vocally berating the team stacking trade they attempted(yes I will just sit there and let you trade the 3rd overall scorer for the 94th overall scorer)

But I honestly didn't think he was serious until this morning.

Had 2 absolutely dead even trades that was good for all teams involved and both were VETOED this morning. The lady I was trading with in 1(Keith for Couture) is spitting mad and it turned into a "Why' in the messageboard. One of the guys actually came and admitted he vetoed the trade, but got all mad regarding the accusation and said Keith for Couture is definitely not a fair trade, etc

The numbers of each player were of course brought into the conversation, at which point he bailed and just said "VETO is supposed to be confidential, I don't have to explain myself. Neither trade was fair". He proceeded to say "Fine, do what you want, I won't veto anymore. This is too much drama for Fantasy Hockey" Blah blah. So he is trying to evade answering any questions by pretending to be "Above arguing Hockey stats"

The funny thing is, the 2nd trade was one of my spare 4th goalies(Who I was going to drop) for another guy's bench warming cup of coffee waiver pickup. Somehow it was not a fair trade to trade 2 expendable players :lol: so it was vetoed by them.

One of the other guys involved just told her "nothing personal. Its fantasy"

Me and my friend are currently in 2nd and 3rd overall, but we are both considering demanding our money back and just quitting. Its not like we are loser teams demanding our money back. We are literally 2 of the best teams in the league and we want to quit just to make a statement.

Its that or force a change the veto process to commissioner ruling and eliminate the direct veto votes and change it to "Make your case" veto votes. But I doubt our commish wants to set foot in that area.

Archived