The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're you trading Couture, or for him? Cause that guy is having a terrible season with injuries so far.

I was acquiring him.

We agreed in principal to trade Couture for Keith when both went down with injuries earlier in the season.(trading them while they were on IR would have required dropping players and using weekly moves)

Keith recovered quicker. Effectively, that veto helped me, but it was still bullcrap "get even" stuff and they kind of screwed the girl I was trading with over just to get at me. I did rub it a bit that they helped me with that veto and screwed her over instead just to take some of the wind from their sails.

She did kind of go off on them in smack talk and on the message board.

@AJgoal

Congrats on the win.  You are now only 2 games out of a playoff spot.  You are gonna have a tough match-up this week against @hf101.  Good Luck. :)

Was a weird week on all my fantasy teams.

My ESPN team had its worse showing yet.

My work team sucked, mostly because I lost something like 6 man games from players due to those Veto's messing up waiver wire options and holding on to a 4th goalie for 4 games thinking he was going to be traded.

And somehow, my league worst NAHANA team obliterated one of the best teams. But hell, my kids had a nice showing.

My worst place NAHANA team beat Yave, one of the best teams.

@J0e Th0rnton

Somehow I managed to get my 4th win in a row from my ESPN league despite not have the greatest of showing from my goalies.  Despite being relagated to the 3rd line, Boone Jenner had 2 very nice games for me.

I even got my 1st win in the Bantam League since taking over the team left by a certain poster who shall remain nameless and his attempt to throw the Bantam League into dissarray. I picked up Pageau from Ottawa, and both young net minders in Hellebuyck and Nilsson. 

Picked up Nich in both leagues on a hunch he might get hot since he is now on the 1st line in Dallas with Benn and Seguin and is getting top PP minutes.  We will see what happens.

Nice pick up in Victor Rask.  I had my eye on him, but I just don't have anyroom for him.

@J0e Th0rnton

Somehow I managed to get my 4th win in a row from my ESPN league despite not have the greatest of showing from my goalies.  Despite being relagated to the 3rd line, Boone Jenner had 2 very nice games for me.

I even got my 1st win in the Bantam League since taking over the team left by a certain poster who shall remain nameless and his attempt to throw the Bantam League into dissarray. I picked up Pageau from Ottawa, and both young net minders in Hellebuyck and Nilsson. 

Picked up Nich in both leagues on a hunch he might get hot since he is now on the 1st line in Dallas with Benn and Seguin and is getting top PP minutes.  We will see what happens.

Nice pick up in Victor Rask.  I had my eye on him, but I just don't have anyroom for him.

Picked him up in 2 leagues now.

And picked up Skinner in 2 leagues. Right after I grabbed Skinner, he got a hat trick in my work league LOL

I have Nichu in the keeper pool. I know he is getting top line time with SegBenn, but he is still not getting much PP time yet.

Dubnyk and Smith injured kinda lost me some points I think. But I would have lost the week anyways the way Pavelski is playing. Just a bad string of weeks for me

My worst place NAHANA team beat Yave, one of the best teams.

Yave's had some problems this week and last (when somehow I managed to "foil" him)

If I had any goaltending whatsoever, I'd be in better shape than I am.

My fault for keeping Mason instead of Halak...

Yave's had some problems this week and last (when somehow I managed to "foil" him)

I kinda got buggered in that category with Elliott losing his starting gig to Allen despite great numbers.

And Hutchinson absolutely crapping the bed. Yave beat me to Hellboy by a small margin lol

But ill confess, I am ecstatic over the performance of some of my Non-McDavid kids. Draisaitl in particular.

Rinne, McDavid, Draisaitl, Burns seems like a much more solid base than I started with this year. And Nichushkin if he sticks with Benn/Seguin and keeps playing this way....hehehehe

Gripe:

Boy, could I use a VERY good day today in FHL while my opponent has a sleepy one.

I did well in yesterday's games, garnering a cool 29.3 points on the night....however, my opponent scored a whopping 60.2 in one night's work!

Many of his skaters had multipoint games, he won a ton of face offs and had a bunch of SOG as well.....and he did all that without the benefit of goalie points!

If certain Wild skaters have a fantastic game and Darcy Kuemper comes up winner (shut out may be asking too much), I MAY be able to close the gap....but if my opponent even has an average day, it could be a long week for me...

I am also banking on two Flyer D-men to hit the carp out of their opposition tonight...yea, yea, I know...Flyer D-men...but I will have faith in MDZ and Rad-KO....for now...

Thank you

So, I'll put this here, too.

NAHANA

To Putting on the Foil (Yave)

Gustav Nyquist

Kari Lehtonen

To Billyport Crips (me)

Jon Lehtera

John Gibson

Lehtera is a throw in but helps me a little with faceoffs.  The deal from my end was about Gibson to complement Lundqvist and Halak.   I kind of have W's covered for goalies (where Lehtonen will really help someone) but his sporadic 5 goals against was killing SV% and GAA.   Honestly, I didn't have Lehtonen long enough that I had much benefit from him, so we'll see.

Nyquist for Lehtera hurts a bit, though.   I'm trying to think of this as Nyquist for Gibson and Lehtonen for Lehtera.  :)

Thoughts?

So, I'll put this here, too.

NAHANA

To Putting on the Foil (Yave)

Gustav Nyquist

Kari Lehtonen

To Billyport Crips (me)

Jon Lehtera

John Gibson

Lehtera is a throw in but helps me a little with faceoffs.  The deal from my end was about Gibson to complement Lundqvist and Halak.   I kind of have W's covered for goalies (where Lehtonen will really help someone) but his sporadic 5 goals against was killing SV% and GAA.   Honestly, I didn't have Lehtonen long enough that I had much benefit from him, so we'll see.

Nyquist for Lehtera hurts a bit, though.   I'm trying to think of this as Nyquist for Gibson and Lehtonen for Lehtera.   :)

Thoughts?

I absolutely HATE trading for Wings, hate it. I always worry about overvaluing them too much. Earlier this year I was offered Mrazek for Henrique, thank God Henrique has 14 goals and looks like he is finally having his breakout year because I don't want to load up on Wings. I always have Zetterberg and used to carry Kronwall at all times but that is about it.

So trading for Nyquist was difficult for me, because I worry that i am thinking with my heart and not my head but he is a first team power play guy and seventy percent of his points or so will come that way. Between he and Weber and  Markov this should fix that area quite nicely for me. It has been my bane this year, Lehtonen, well not really a fan but the team is so good, he gets 40-45 percent of the teams starts, and should get lots of wins. Lehtera was expendable, Gibson could be a stud, this year and going forward, if Andersen holds onto the job I win the trade, hands down, if Gibson gets the full time job then Rux wins. Plain and simple.

My team, eh, it has been missing a piece here or there all year, it needs more than a tinker it needs a full facelift. Hellboy can be had in the right deal now, still need scoring.

GRIPE: 

What the hell is wrong with Lundqvist?  Seriously he is 2-5 in the month of December and is costing me points. 

He has surrendered four goals in back-to-back outings, but the Rangers as a team are slumping, so I'm trying not to be too worried. The King is still sporting a .928 save percentage on the season and hopefully will bounce back once the Rangers get through this rough patch.

Thank god other players have stepped up and got points when I needed the to, but this is ridiculous.  Tempted to sit his butt down and just roll with Anderson and Allen.  At least Allen is 4-1 in his last 5 starts and Anderson is 5-4 in the month of December.  Somehow I have manged to still be 8-2 for the year. :)

GRIPE: 

What the hell is wrong with Lundqvist?  Seriously he is 2-5 in the month of December and is costing me points.

I want the answer to this!  He's killing me!   One the one hand, he's been the engine that could for my team, but the last 2 weeks to a month he's been Bryzgalovesque.   The Ranger's boards (HFBoards)  give me no information other than "the Rangers suck" and "King sucks."   No actual hockey information.

My problem is that Halak is my other "full-time" goalie and he's gotten lit up recently.   I just acquired Gibson (he wasn't yet mine for his recent drubbing), and also have Neuvirth, so I don't know.   King (and Halak) has to turn around soon.

but the last 2 weeks to a month he's been Bryzgalovesque.

Bryzaster ™ like is right.  Yeah the Ranger HF boards have been as helpful as a winter parka in the Sahara Desert.  Thank God I have Allen and Anderson who have been picking up some of the slack, however it would be nice if he gets out of his funk.  In your words.."He's killing me!"

Rotated in and out a bunch of guys this week in ESPN lol. Since the middle of the week features 3 days of no Hockey, I figured I would try to lump in some 3 day guys in my shotgun spots.

Banking on the blues playing 4 games, 2 of them back to back that Elliott will start 2 games. In a perfect world, Allen will poop the bed in both starts and be relieved and Elliott will get 2 shutouts and retake the 31 goalie spot for awhile lol.

Twas a good week.

I've surpassed @ruxpin via a 14-1 win against @aziz to take the #1 spot in NAHANA

Still a distant 2nd in the Philly.com league behind @yave1964

Yave and I meet up in both leagues this week. -- Should be fun although it is a shortened week.

And I've moved into a tie with @JR Ewing for 2nd place behind @pilldoc as both @yave1964 and @J0e Th0rnton Th0rton have slipped down to 3rd place.

Twas a good week.

I've surpassed @ruxpin via a 14-1 win against @aziz to take the #1 spot in NAHANA

Still a distant 2nd in the Philly.com league behind @yave1964

Yave and I meet up in both leagues this week. -- Should be fun although it is a shortened week.

And I've moved into a tie with @JR Ewing for 2nd place behind @pilldoc as both @yave1964 and @J0e Th0rnton Th0rton have slipped down to 3rd place.

I like my chances of catching up :)

Archived