The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

Crow:

I've watched Brandon Dubinsky play pretty consistently throughout the year...yet was afraid of adding ANY Blue Jacket players due to the horrendous start this team got off too.

Well, now it seems the team has a firm direction, and Dubinsky has continued to play well.

I saw fit to add him last week to my FHL team, and tonight will be the first time he performs for me.

Looking forward to him helping my team rack up the points.....tonight it's against Vancouver, so Go, go, go! Dubinsky, and since I have no Canuck players, Go Jackets GO! :D

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crow:

I've watched Brandon Dubinsky play pretty consistently throughout the year...yet was afraid of adding ANY Blue Jacket players due to the horrendous start this team got off too.

Well, now it seems the team has a firm direction, and Dubinsky has continued to play well.

I saw fit to add him last week to my FHL team, and tonight will be the first time he performs for me.

Looking forward to him helping my team rack up the points.....tonight it's against Vancouver, so Go, go, go! Dubinsky, and since I have no Canuck players, Go Jackets GO! :D

My teenage daughters favorite player, she has a Dubinsky jersey which he has autographed for her twice, she even wears it to school. I usually try to add him in a league for her, HF is currently holding him hostage in Nahana, lol, probably going to ask for Backstrom in exchange, Grr....

Crow:

I dropped Dubs in multiple leagues........ Of course, Torts moves him to 1st line C and dumps Johansen down, who I still have in work league

@pilldoc

When I went to bed, you were winning 35 to 12 and it had not yet accounted for the shutouts.

I woke up pleasantly surprised to not be in a huge hole, as we ended the night with Doc 53 - Joe 50 lol

My contingency plan of "if they don't score, they still have faceoffs" saved my butt.

Fisher had no points in a 7-5 victory and was -1, but he still finished with 5 points, thank god.

Pavelski had no points and -1, but still got 3.4 points.

Carter had no points and was -2, but finished with 1.4 points, so it washes.

Kadri had no points in a 3-2 win over Dallas, but ended with 4.3 points. Ill take that given I was worried your 3 Dallas players were goig to light up Toronto lol.

Next game, they will light it up I hope :)

@J0e Th0rnton

When I went to bed I was up something like 50 - 23.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up this mornig.  Your players for the late game really got you points to get pretty even with me.  I was hoping for a bigger night from Seguin and Klingberg.  Sequin had been on fire recently.  He netted me a total of 38 Fantasy Points last week.. So how the hell did the Leafs beat the Stars?  :confused[1]:  Kuznetsov had a down game too.  However I will most definitely take both shut out wins from Allen and Lundqvist.  Allen has been playing lights out and IMO is starting to get the edge over Elliot in St. Louis.  That bodes well for me.  I'm guranteed 1 win on Thursday as Allen goes against Lunqvist.  Your FOW will keep you close if your players don't score goals or get asssits. 

It is a weird schedule this week.  It is like you and I either have all our players or none of our players playing on the same night.  Only Dale Weiss plays tonight for me and you have no one, yet on Thursday almost all our players will be playing.

Anyway..I expected it to be close. 

Agree..hopefully next game all my players light it up too! :)

@J0e Th0rnton

When I went to bed I was up something like 50 - 23.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up this mornig.  Your players for the late game really got you points to get pretty even with me.  I was hoping for a bigger night from Seguin and Klingberg.  Sequin had been on fire recently.  He netted me a total of 38 Fantasy Points last week.. So how the hell did the Leafs beat the Stars?  :confused[1]:  Kuznetsov had a down game too.  However I will most definitely take both shut out wins from Allen and Lundqvist.  Allen has been playing lights out and IMO is starting to get the edge over Elliot in St. Louis.  That bodes well for me.  I'm guranteed 1 win on Thursday as Allen goes against Lunqvist.  Your FOW will keep you close if your players don't score goals or get asssits. 

It is a weird schedule this week.  It is like you and I either have all our players or none of our players playing on the same night.  Only Dale Weiss plays tonight for me and you have no one, yet on Thursday almost all our players will be playing.

Anyway..I expected it to be close. 

Agree..hopefully next game all my players light it up too! :)

Not the usual suspects either. Pavelski and Carter were scoreless. hehe

HA....if I had a buck for everytime I pulled that in the early years of NAHANA, I'd be retired living comfortably....lol. It was really funny, during the playoffs people would get tired of the Warriors getting the pick of the litter, so other GM's used to set their alarms also....and it made for some FURIOUS action from 3am to 3:05 am....many times, you would click on the player you were going after, only to find out you were beat by mere seconds by another equally desperate GM. It got so bad, that I had to memorize where the players were before 3am to shave off precious seconds in the add process...LMAO!!

That's why I got out of it....there was no way I was getting up then to do that. 

Though I would to go fishing...to each their own.

@J0e Th0rnton

Friday is interesting. I have 5 players on to your 2.

Saturday you make up ground there as we both have most of our rosters, but you have 2 extra guys to me.

Sunday may be strange. I have 4 guys to your 1, but your 1 is Lundqvist and my 4 are 4 of my fringe players.

But the rags play a back to back, so Enroth is likely starting one of Sat/Sun

My poor luck of course is that Elliott is out with an upper body injury, so Allen probably starts all games this week and Elliott gets me nothing in NAHANA.

This matchup may be closer than either of us want it to be lol. No lead is safe since both our teams have shown the ability to have 60+ point nights in past matchup's. heck, both of us had 50+ last night.

By the end of it, I suspect I may regret benching Kesler and you may regret benching Hanzal

@J0e Th0rnton

Good analysis and you may be right.  My only concern is that the Rangers have back to back games Saturday (Senators) and Sunday (Leafs). My fear is that Lunqvist will start Saturday night vs the Sens, but they would rest him on Sunday vs the Leafs.  If the Rangers decide to sit Lunqvist on Sunday then I am SOL and I will hope and pray I have a decent enough lead that your fringe players don't hurt me.  IMO, our matchup comes down to how well our teams do on Thursday and Saturday.  This week might very well come down to Saves/SOG/FOW.

Still not sure what to do with Hanzal yet.  He is an enigma on my team.

My teenage daughters favorite player, she has a Dubinsky jersey which he has autographed for her twice, she even wears it to school. I usually try to add him in a league for her, HF is currently holding him hostage in Nahana, lol, probably going to ask for Backstrom in exchange, Grr....

Finders...Keepers.....lol - I think you need to tell your daughter you had and dropped him.   :lol:

Dubinsky is the 2nd best FO center on my keeper team.

@yave1964

@hf101

Well, Dubinsky didn't fare particularly well on the points his first time out for me, but I will take that as an aberration.

The 16 FO wins was respectable, but only 1 SOG and one hit.

Oh, and he was on the ice,even strength for two goals against for a -2.

I will expect better from him moving forward though...

Finders...Keepers.....lol - I think you need to tell your daughter you had and dropped him.   :lol:

I am the one who dropped him first I think lol.

But the first 2 weeks he had 3 points and was -4. At the time. I am rebuilding anyways, so no biggie :)

I know, he was not doing anything and the choice was Dubs or Filpulla and I went with Val, figuring that Dubinsky would still be out there to pick up when the time was right. I think you picked him up two days later and he caught fire, lol.

Gripe:

Hmm...Picked up Eric Fehr for this week, thinking having a good, grinding, hitting bottom six guy who can chip in goals would be helpful, but so far, in this game against Montreal, he has been a big fat ZERO...literally.

I can appreciate that he may not light the lamp with regularity against a good defensive team like the Habs, but I at LEAST expected him to run into some bodies, separate men from pucks, and take a few potshots at the Montreal goal.

So far, just a bunch of skating (not even a blocked shot while on the PK), and not much else outta this guy.

Making me think I shoulda added Matt Cullen if I wanted a Pitts player..........

@J0e Th0rnton

Good Morning Joe.  Yeah I saw that last night.  Wonder why the Kings started Enroth?  It definitely helped me! :) Allen got shelled by the Rangers last night and was pulled.  I hope that does not influence the Blues decision to start him Saturday.  Lundqvist has games back to back on Saturday and Sunday.    I'm hoping and praying starts both.  He is on fire right now.  Rangers should keep playing him.

I'm expecting you to pass me after tonight.  Like you mentioned, you have 5 players tonight and I only have two.  Hope Larkin and Kuznetsov can cancel out 2 of your players and if I can emerge after tonight only down by 5-10 points, then I like my chances.  Tomorrow night will be huge for both of us as  I have 12 going vs your 10.

Have a great day.

@J0e Th0rnton

Good Morning Joe.  Yeah I saw that last night.  Wonder why the Kings started Enroth?  It definitely helped me! :) Allen got shelled by the Rangers last night and was pulled.  I hope that does not influence the Blues decision to start him Saturday.  Lundqvist has games back to back on Saturday and Sunday.    I'm hoping and praying starts both.  He is on fire right now.  Rangers should keep playing him.

I'm expecting you to pass me after tonight.  Like you mentioned, you have 5 players tonight and I only have two.  Hope Larkin and Kuznetsov can cancel out 2 of your players and if I can emerge after tonight only down by 5-10 points, then I like my chances.  Tomorrow night will be huge for both of us as  I have 12 going vs your 10.

Have a great day.

Pavelski with his first Hat trick of the season tonight I hope :)

He tends to be a Detroit killer.

But our match tonight is really a heads up. Your Larkin vs my Hertl/Pavelski. Your Kuznetsov and my Carlson kinda work in tandem, but tonight I have Bennett against Washington too :)

And then there is Boychuk. Hopefully Anaheim puts out performances similar to the rest of the year so far lol

I parted ways with Patrick Marleau yesterday. He's still on the top pp, so there is some value there....although, there is a chance he gets bumped out when Logan comes back. I wanted to make room for Boone Jenner, who is playing on the top pp with Ryan Johansson. The kid has 8 goals, good for top 10 in the league right now, and playing with Ryan on that pp, well...I had to jump. Patrick only has 2 pp pts on the year, and I was kinda hoping for a rebound, but at nine pts, I fear he comes in around 50 pts for the year....and you can get better guys off the waiver wire.

Another guy I picked up is Oscar Klefbom....he is red hot right now, running the Oilers top pp and has 8 pts...4 of those coming in the past few weeks. I have a feeling that Justin Schultz will be the odd man out when he comes back....depends on if the Oilers choose to go with 3 or 4 forwards on the top pp. I have a feeling it will be Hall, RNH, Eberle, McDavid and Klefbom...with Schultz kicked back to the 2nd pp. Oscar has an absolute cannon of a shot, and it is deadly accurate.

I parted ways with Patrick Marleau yesterday. He's still on the top pp, so there is some value there....although, there is a chance he gets bumped out when Logan comes back.

I'm mulling over a waiver claim - but I have similar concerns to yours and I already have Couture.

Not sure I want to blow my #1 waiver position on Marleau...

I've got eight guys in the Top 100, two more in the top 110 in Yahoo! rank. My problem is obviously goaltending where Anderson and the Flyers tandem are just putrid (aside from Neuvirth, to an extent).

May just cut ties with the Flyers altogether. That would at least help them save the season.

:hocky:

I parted ways with Patrick Marleau yesterday. He's still on the top pp, so there is some value there....although, there is a chance he gets bumped out when Logan comes back. I wanted to make room for Boone Jenner, who is playing on the top pp with Ryan Johansson. The kid has 8 goals, good for top 10 in the league right now, and playing with Ryan on that pp, well...I had to jump. Patrick only has 2 pp pts on the year, and I was kinda hoping for a rebound, but at nine pts, I fear he comes in around 50 pts for the year....and you can get better guys off the waiver wire.

Another guy I picked up is Oscar Klefbom....he is red hot right now, running the Oilers top pp and has 8 pts...4 of those coming in the past few weeks. I have a feeling that Justin Schultz will be the odd man out when he comes back....depends on if the Oilers choose to go with 3 or 4 forwards on the top pp. I have a feeling it will be Hall, RNH, Eberle, McDavid and Klefbom...with Schultz kicked back to the 2nd pp. Oscar has an absolute cannon of a shot, and it is deadly accurate.

Draisaitl :wub[1]:

Can't wait till Yahoo gives him Winger Eligibility too. I want him in my work league in the worst way

I wanted to make room for Boone Jenner, who is playing on the top pp with Ryan Johansson. The kid has 8 goals, good for top 10 in the league right now, and playing with Ryan on that pp, well...I had to jump

agree...I just dropped Ehlers to make room for Jenner in the HF.net FHL.  You know wha they say..the early bird gets the worm.  :)

@jammer2

It was a tough decision.  Currently I have:

Skaters:

Seguin (C )

MacKinnon (C )

Marchand (LW)

Zucker (LW)

Weise (RW)

Jenner (RW)

Buff (D, RW)

Hedman (D)

Klingberg (D)

Johnson (D)

Hanzal (C )

Kuznetsov (C )

Larkin (C, LW)

Draisaitl (C )

Goalies:

Lundqvist

Allen

Anderson

Would love for Draisaitl to become dual eligible at C and Winger..that would open up alot of options for me.  Hated to drop Ehlers, but Jenner is hot right now.  Who else would I give up?  Hanzal is a great option as a back-up.  Between him and Kuznetsov I can rotate them at my utility spot.  Do I give up Weise, though on the the 3rd line, is gettting steady points with the Habs?  Not dropping Zucker who ison top line of the Wild and is on their top PP line.

SO .... if I wanted to take advantage of Jenner..the only option for whom to drop was Ehlers...didn't like it, but I have no other room or options at this moment.  I could have dropped Anderson, but I like to have 3 starting goalies at this moment as insurance.

I'm mulling over a waiver claim - but I have similar concerns to yours and I already have Couture.

Not sure I want to blow my #1 waiver position on Marleau...

I've got eight guys in the Top 100, two more in the top 110 in Yahoo! rank. My problem is obviously goaltending where Anderson and the Flyers tandem are just putrid (aside from Neuvirth, to an extent).

May just cut ties with the Flyers altogether. That would at least help them save the season.

:hocky:

Here is some food for thought.

Deboer is playing Marleau at C tonight instead of LW.

Haley has been so godawful on the 4th line that they have to bump Tierney down, Bump Hertl down and move Marleau to C.

Probably won't stick once Couture returns, but he will have some faceoffs tonight

Arrrgh...

And now Brandon Dubinsky is "Day to day" and is not in the lineup tonight.......and I have been doing SO well staying away from the injury bug in FHL....

As for Calgary at Washington....My number one Braden Holtby (only Cap I have on my team) is sitting, while Grubauer plays.

Oh well...in that case, TJ Brodie, Mark Giordano....light up dem Capitals boys! :P

Archived