Game #8 - Sabres at Flyers - Oct 27 2015 - 7:00 (Briere retirement night)

brelic

Flyers, 4-2-1, 9pts.

Sabres, 2-6-0, 4pts.

CSNPhilly preview - http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-sabres-5-things-first-look-jack-eichel

Meltzer's write up.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-102715-vs-BUF/45/72028

FLYERS

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 89 Sam Gagner - 17 Wayne Simmonds
20 R.J. Umberger - 21 Scott Laughton - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White

55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
82 Evgeny Medvedev - 23 Brandon Manning

35 Steve Mason
[45 Jason LaBarbera]

Scratches: Sean Couturier (upper body), Vincent Lecavalier (healthy), Luke Schenn (healthy), Michal Neuvirth (IR, upper body).

SABRES

44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 63 Tyler Ennis
22 Johan Larsson - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
25 Matt Moulson - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Brian Gionta
82 Marcus Foligno - 17 David Legwand - 88 Jamie McGinn

4 Josh Gorges - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
29 Jake McCabe - 3 Mark Pysyk
6 Mike Weber - 46 Cody Franson

31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

Scratches: Carlo Colaiacovo or Mike Weber (healthy), Tim Schaller or David Legwand (healthy), Evander Kane (IR, knee), Robin Lehner (IR, ankle), Cody McCormick (IR, leg), Zach Bogosian (IR, lower body).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good game Sabres are a little banged up and weak in net.

A good night for Danny Boy...i assume it won't be long before he is working for the Flyers.

tumblr_inline_ndef9aChLC1snsh7b.gif

And wow are Brandon Manning's numbers horrible....

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201516&sit=5v5&pos=skaters&minutes=50&teamid=22&type=shots&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

A good night for Danny Boy...i assume it won't be long before he is working for the Flyers.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201516&sit=5v5&pos=skaters&minutes=50&teamid=22&type=shots&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

???? Speechless???? I know.......................  :ph34r:

FLYERS

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 89 Sam Gagner - 17 Wayne Simmonds
20 R.J. Umberger - 21 Scott Laughton - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White

55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
82 Evgeny Medvedev - 23 Brandon Manning

35 Steve Mason
[45 Jason LaBarbera]

Scratches: Sean Couturier (upper body), Vincent Lecavalier (healthy), Luke Schenn (healthy), Michal Neuvirth (IR, upper body).

Conflicting reports. Not sure which one is accurate. Broadstreet reports Luke is in tonight and Manning sits.

Luke Schenn back, Michael Raffl in, Brandon Manning out for tonight's game

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/10/27/9621388/luke-schenn-back-michael-raffl-in-brandon-manning-out

Dave Isaac ✔ @davegisaac
Looks like Luke Schenn is in for Brandon Manning.

At practice this morning, Hakstol proved true to his word that Schenn's benching was not due to on-ice performance. Schenn was right back in the top-six, paired with Evgeny Medvedev.

Expected Lineup

Michael Raffl - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek

Matt Read - Sam Gagner - Wayne Simmonds

R.J. Umberger - Scott Laughton - Brayden Schenn

Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Ryan White

Nick Schultz - Mark Streit

Michael Del Zotto - Radko Gudas

Evgeny Medvedev - Luke Schenn

Steve Mason

Jason LaBarbera

And after looking at Manning's numbers which suck...

....this looks like the best move.

His numbers are horrible because he sucks.

Classic tweener...he's pretty good in the AHL, just quite doesn't have "it" in the bigs.

He scores and plays power play in the A but looks scared as hell on the point with a forward bearing down on him most nights i've watched.

his price is right but he's just "not that good" 

i think sucks is a little harsh.

Classic tweener...he's pretty good in the AHL, just quite doesn't have "it" in the bigs.

He scores and plays power play in the A but looks scared as hell on the point with a forward bearing down on him most nights i've watched.

his price is right but he's just "not that good" 

i think sucks is a little harsh.

Ok, maybe I was being a little harsh.

Manning is not ready or the big time. He needs to go down and learn the game. If that is Cap reasonable and rules possible.

He's 25 years old.  With the number of younger solid D prospects in the Flyers pipeline, this is pretty much a make it or break it year for Manning.   He's also on a one way contract with the Flyers and his cap hit is low so he would have to pass waivers.  Not sure he would pass there might be a team even more weak on defense willing to pluck him up just to have an extra D-man.

Not sure he would pass there might be a team even more weak on defense willing to pluck him up just to have an extra D-man.

And now from what i've seen it seems like they'll never miss him. In fact it would be a team whos blueline is in sad sad shape. I can't see him turning into the Patrick Sharp of the blueline if he was snagged....

Not sure he would pass there might be a team even more weak on defense willing to pluck him up just to have an extra D-man.

This is exactly why MacDud™ went down and Manning stayed up.

I think it might be time to end the Manning Experiment.

And now from what i've seen it seems like they'll never miss him. In fact it would be a team whos blueline is in sad sad shape. I can't see him turning into the Patrick Sharp of the blueline if he was snagged....

I agree they wouldn't miss him in the sense of being fearful that he could become a stud somewhere else.  However, I would just keep him as an extra D man for now and let guys like Ghost, Morin, and Hagg develop in the A this year.  If you lose Manning the next likely call up to be the 7th D man is Alt who would likely give you more of the same.  I know Manning has been brutal so far but what do the Flyers really gain by waiving him?

If you lose Manning the next likely call up to be the 7th D man is Alt who would likely give you more of the same.

I don't know. He would bring more size and a physical presence on the back end and he would be another right hand shot too. Hard to speculate much when the kid has gotten a total of one NHL game to date.

Dude is 24 has played in college and put time in the AHL if not now then when? Besides you need to know where he is in his development. He is mature enough.

One of his strengths is his skating which i'd like to see. Waive Manning and call him up. It is also his last year of his ELC so it would be nice to know what you have before deciding to resign him or not.

that team in 2010...shoulda ****** won

**** you Leighton

Back-up in net for BUF? ****

Yes what a waste of Danny Boy's performance....30 points (i'm not sure has anyone done that in the playoffs since???)....WOW...spectacular indeed so close.....ugh......

Archived