Bylsma is proving his worth as Sabres starting to click

Buffalo Rick

41202-1024x698.jpg

Its only 3 games but the Sabres not only beat the Flyers twice but they had Pittsburgh on the ropes and the goalie from Pittsburgh played out  of his mind to save them.  A 53 shot barrage thrown at them is proof of how far this team has come in a year and I really like this Bylsma as a coach.  He is like Lindy was early on screaming at them to get the message through and not being complacent even when they had a 3-0 lead in the game last night.  He has turned  some of these guys into smart players.  You have to be smart and one example was the play Girgensons made in his own end on the Flyers.  He pins the guy to stop his progress and at the same time gets off a pass that set up a break away.  He has Delauriers playing great.  The kid we got from the Kings last year.  And the Kings were a bit unwilling to let him go.  Big time mistake in my book.  This kid is going to be a gamer.  He is  the one that scored the third goal on a nice set up from O'Reilly who is just a great pick up for us. And Eichel!  Wow.  What this kid can do.  Just imagine him in 3 years.  Bylsma is getting the job done early.  I am hoping they can continue to win.  And perhaps sneak into a lower seed in the playoffs.  But I know he is likely not talking playoffs.  He is just taking this day to  day.  Trying to get them to advance and gel as a unit.  So far so good.  Cant wait to see them live in two weeks

@Hockey Junkie

Oh ya?...just wait til we get Miller...you'll be sorry!

I wouldn't get too excited about beating Philly...we suck. I think I'll give way more credit to guys like Eichel/O'Reilly/Ristoleinen etc. than Bylsma. Those 3 especially are a big reason Buffalo is better than last year. 

@Hockey Junkie

Oh ya?...just wait til we get Miller...you'll be sorry!

I wouldn't get too excited about beating Philly...we suck. I think I'll give way more credit to guys like Eichel/O'Reilly/Ristoleinen etc. than Bylsma. Those 3 especially are a big reason Buffalo is better than last year. 

That is why some kid called Colaiacova beat you in Philly on  that pass to Girgensons.  Its not all those three but its alot

And Ennis and Kane are out

That is why some kid called Colaiacova beat you in Philly on that pass to Girgensons. Its not all those three but its alot

And Ennis and Kane are out

Colaiacivo is not a kid! Learn your roster sir.

Well I did not know him. But I like him. Thanks for training him for us. You let a good one get away

And you need some whining lessons.

We didn't trade him to you, he signed in Buffalo as a free agent because no other team wanted him and Pegula likes to throw around money. As I mentioned in my earlier post, learn your roster sir!

We didn't trade him to you, he signed in Buffalo as a free agent because no other team wanted him and Pegula likes to throw around money. As I mentioned in my earlier post, learn your roster sir!

Well maybe you will learn how difficult it can be when the Flyers ultimately do what we did, clean house

Well maybe you will learn how difficult it can be when the Flyers ultimately do what we did, clean house

You mean like get to the Final and jettison two key players a year later?

Yeah, wonder what that's like...

#wonthetrades

Well I did not know him.  But I like him.  Thanks for training him for us.  You let a good one get away

He was with the Leafs for years, then the Blues for four seasons, then the Wings, then Blues again, then Philly for 33 games...I wouldn't say we trained him. He's a good player who WILL get hurt.

And you need some whining lessons.  

Well professor, where do I sign up?

You mean like get to the Final and jettison two key players a year later?

Yeah, wonder what that's like...

#wonthetrades

How long has it been since that trip to the final vs Chicago.  It was not yesterday and in terms of players and where they are at now, it was light years away.  So if there is another glory boy at the end of the rainbow, start tanking.  Unless you think Voracek and Girieux are going to be enough?  Put up the sign.  "Help Wanted".  Or "help needed".  I never meant to get rid of your two stars.  Just the rest of the dead wood. 

By the time a player makes it to the NHL, he's played well over a thousand games. By that time, he knows how to make plays, and he knows which plays he has the ability to make. No NHL "coach" can teach him what he already knows.

By the time a player makes it to the NHL, he's played well over a thousand games. By that time, he knows how to make plays, and he knows which plays he has the ability to make. No NHL "coach" can teach him what he already knows.

Bylsmna and other coaches can certainly teach them many things.  I would expect more knowledge from you on this matter.   Bylsma as far as he goes, has mixed his lines in a skillful way and has been fabulous at giving ice time to those that deserve it.  And one guy that he loves as I do is Rasmus Ristolainen.  I can't get enough of this kid. He can shoot, pass, go into the corners, do it all.

• 5 weeks later...

As much as I like Dan and Murray at his side, I do not get their overconfidence in an aged Gionta.  To me just because they made him the captain, is not reason enough to give him so much ice time and to use him at critical times of games when there are better choices on the bench.  I mean this with certainty.  I do NOT want to see him on power plays or on 3 on 3 situations at all.  I want more Eichel and Reinhart and less Gionta. Reinhart is really starting to blossom.  

Eichel and Reinhart are going to be a great 1-2 punch for years on the Sabres. I wouldn't worry too much about this season. They're stepping in the right direction.

They looked like a good team to me when I watched their game vs DET last night. Fast pace, great hockey IMHO

They looked like a good team to me when I watched their game vs DET last night. Fast pace, great hockey IMHO

But the one mistake Bylsma is making that is killing us is his faith or whatever it is with Gionta.  That guy is finished in my book.  I do not care if he has the C on his jersey.  Bench him!   I have seen him ruin things for us enough times.  Like the penalty he takes vs Detroit when we are up 4-3 with 7 minutes left and he cost us the game.  He looks like a midget out there.  When I wanted him a few years ago I could not have him. Now I cant get rid of him.  Bench him already and give us a fighting chance to get in.  Ristolainen had 4 assists in that game.  That kid is a monster

But the one mistake Bylsma is making that is killing us is his faith or whatever it is with Gionta. That guy is finished in my book. I do not care if he has the C on his jersey. Bench him!

...Ristolainen had 4 assists in that game. That kid is a monster

From my limited viewing, I agree on Gionta and on Risto. They took one of those 4 Assists away from him actually.

Archived