Simmonds rumour

brelic

Why?? Because they pug him into the 1st line??? Still i pass.

I'm interested in moves that make the Flyers better. If there were picks in there as well as two prospects, I might be interested.

The fact that the Habs have called him up and put him on the first line might be an indication that they are "showcasing" him, that's all. Or not. They might just be trying to generate some offence.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in moves that make the Flyers better. If there were picks in there as well as two prospects, I might be interested.

The fact that the Habs have called him up and put him on the first line might be an indication that they are "showcasing" him, that's all. Or not. They might just be trying to generate some offence.

I understand but like FC stated if i'm moving Simmer i'd rather it be out west and for a LW like Nick Ritchie for starters.....

@Podein25

Mike McCarron would have to be included for me to consider this further....sorry. Or more of a need at LW Jacob de la Rose.

You're not the only one to have said this, so there's something I'm missing.   I know McCarron is huge, but I don't think he's top 6.    I don't have much interest.

And no interest at all in Jacob de la Rose.   He's a shutdown line bottom 6 guy.   I'd actually prefer the original deal.   

Not you specifically, but to anyone.  Other than size, what am I missing with McCarron that several people have now said him?

You're not the only one to have said this, so there's something I'm missing.   I know McCarron is huge, but I don't think he's top 6.    I don't have much interest.

And no interest at all in Jacob de la Rose.   He's a shutdown line bottom 6 guy.   I'd actually prefer the original deal.   

Not you specifically, but to anyone.  Other than size, what am I missing with McCarron that several people have now said him?

McCarron actually put his game together last year in London/Oshawa and has been continuing his excellent play in the AHL. There's size, there's goal scoring ability and there's meanness in that frame and he can fly for a big man. Let's not forget that in the Eastern Conference, the Flyers are regularly facing guys like Rick Nash, Tom Wilson, etc....so it's nice to have that banger who can go against them and neutralize them. Having that extra bit of size on the wing and knowing how to use that size isn't a bad thing. I like what Simmonds brings to the table, but I also like having that someone who's a bit meaner. I'm not openly advocating trading Simmonds because that means the white flag has gone up. I'd actually prefer to hold steady until closer to the trade deadline and then make him available when one can really make the most of the opportunity. But yeah, any deal with Montreal has to include McCarron to even begin building a deal.

McCarron actually put his game together last year in London/Oshawa and has been continuing his excellent play in the AHL. There's size, there's goal scoring ability and there's meanness in that frame and he can fly for a big man. Let's not forget that in the Eastern Conference, the Flyers are regularly facing guys like Rick Nash, Tom Wilson, etc....so it's nice to have that banger who can go against them and neutralize them. Having that extra bit of size on the wing and knowing how to use that size isn't a bad thing. I like what Simmonds brings to the table, but I also like having that someone who's a bit meaner. I'm not openly advocating trading Simmonds because that means the white flag has gone up. I'd actually prefer to hold steady until closer to the trade deadline and then make him available when one can really make the most of the opportunity. But yeah, any deal with Montreal has to include McCarron to even begin building a deal.

Yes some size is needed in this forward group. Most of them the Leiers and Cousins of the future are in the 5-10 5-11 realm....on the smaller side they need some size at the forward position which is a reason i listed Ritchie.

That is short-sighted. :)

It would certainly send a message to the media once and for all that Homer screwed this team so badly and that every time they mention the Flyers it must be followed by the phrase "Who were royally screwed up by the. GM now team president Paul Holmgren".

Frankly it's pathetic that isn't already the case. Every time a highlight reel plays. Every time a score is read over any airwave anywhere. Until Mac and Vinny are off the books.

I'd like to see the team built for playoffs. Mccarron looks like a guy you'd hate to play a 7 game series against.

You know who else is a guy you'd hate to play a 7 game series against? Simmonds. Which is why PHI should ask for no less than an overpayment to move him at all.

I somehow doubt any trade with MTL will happen. If it did, for my money it would have to include a blue chip prospect or solid up and comer. I'm not sure MTL will move those players right now. 

As I mentioned before, throw Galchenyuk into the mix, and it would be more interesting to me. I seriously doubt they'll move Galchenyuk, but someone like that is who it would take imo. Beaulieu doesn't cut it.

He looks like Dustin Penner, but younger and with less skill. pancakes.

Fixed that for ya....not sure I'd say Ritchie has less skill...Penner was getting cut by lesser leagues at Ritchies age while he's a valuable scorer. 

Fixed that for ya....not sure I'd say Ritchie has less skill...Penner was getting cut by lesser leagues at Ritchies age while he's a valuable scorer. 

Yeah, they have very different paths to the NHL too. One  (hint: not Penner) was a first round pick and a prized power forward, the other was just big. I don't think Ritchie's skating is all world, but it's likely quite a bit better than Penner could ever skate. 

Archived