DUDES! Whats up

CoachX

To all you regulars I know, and those I haven't had the pleasure of arguing with, "What's Up, from New Mexico?" Hope everyone had a great and happy New Year.

....caught most of the games this year and obviously there's not a lot to be happy about. I'm neutral on the coach and disappointed in the lack of spirit and grit (go figure). I find the Flyers boring to watch with the exception of Ghost. I'm anxious to see all the kids in the system and hope its sooner than later. I can't wait until players like Read, Umberger and Schen find their bus tickets.

All for now...OUT!

36 minutes ago, CoachX said:

To all you regulars I know, and those I haven't had the pleasure of arguing with, "What's Up, from New Mexico?" Hope everyone had a great and happy New Year.

Same to you long lost friend. How goes the shoving-old-ladies-down escalators business in New Mexico?

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Hey you old armadillo @#$%er what's up? Happy New Year 

8 hours ago, CoachX said:

....caught most of the games this year and obviously there's not a lot to be happy about. I'm neutral on the coach and disappointed in the lack of spirit and grit (go figure). I find the Flyers boring to watch with the exception of Ghost. I'm anxious to see all the kids in the system and hope its sooner than later. I can't wait until players like Read, Umberger and Schen find their bus tickets.

All for now...OUT!

nice to see you back around.

this "grit " thing... i guess i just don't get it.  The Flyers are second in the league in hitting. Only the Islanders hit more....  What is it you're looking for ? they are sticking up for each other, at times I think too much especially after a clean hit, but I like that they're playing for each other.

they are fighting, they are hitting,  they are not easy to play most nights.  occasionally they run into a hot team or bad match up and don't look great but all but a few teams have that problem.  

help me understand where this team doesn't have "grit". 

17 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Same to you long lost friend. How goes the shoving-old-ladies-down escalators business in New Mexico?

Slow...the popularity of video cameras forces one to be selective in their actions.....I'm the Zac Rinaldo of Law Enforcement

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

nice to see you back around.

this "grit " thing... i guess i just don't get it.  The Flyers are second in the league in hitting. Only the Islanders hit more....  What is it you're looking for ? they are sticking up for each other, at times I think too much especially after a clean hit, but I like that they're playing for each other.

they are fighting, they are hitting,  they are not easy to play most nights.  occasionally they run into a hot team or bad match up and don't look great but all but a few teams have that problem.  

help me understand where this team doesn't have "grit". 

Its more of the old school distorted Flyer fan mentality in me. I'd like to see a few line brawls and even more fighting. I know they are near the top of the league in its and fights, but "near the top" isn't the top. If you cant win by outscoring your opponent, then beat the snot out of em

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

I'm hoping this is the first in a long line of dominos

The line may not really be that long: McDud and Uselessberger. Streit will be moved, it's a case of getting max value, which becomes more available as the deadline approaches. After that, I don't see massive problems on the horizon. Or am I missing something?

EDITL Schultz is what I missed.

Welcome back, CoachX.  Good to see you.

I think the Flyers have "grit" by today's standards (whatever that means), but I do miss the carnage of the old days.

To compensate, I watch the current Flyers games, but then I flip on the Ottawa/Philly brawl from 2004 or the Isles/Pens from a couple years ago or the Flyers/Caps, Flyers/Habs, etc. from the 80s  and it keeps me happy.

Happy escalator hunting.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:21 AM, doom88 said:

Hey, welcome back! How's the dog?

Dog is good..... If we put his work ethic into a few of our favorite Flyers, we'd have an endless return of parades

...if only I could get him to piss on command, I wouldn't need wheelcharis and escalators

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:33 AM, ruxpin said:

Welcome back, CoachX.  Good to see you.

I think the Flyers have "grit" by today's standards (whatever that means), but I do miss the carnage of the old days.

To compensate, I watch the current Flyers games, but then I flip on the Ottawa/Philly brawl from 2004 or the Isles/Pens from a couple years ago or the Flyers/Caps, Flyers/Habs, etc. from the 80s  and it keeps me happy.

Happy elevator hunting.

Now see, that vision is what makes you Hextall-esque in this forum.

I'll implement this system in my current watching regime, but I'll be sure to mix in a regular dose of Dave Brown

Archived