VLC, Luke Schenn traded to LA

AJgoal

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hextall must have incriminating pictures of Lombardi or someone else in the Kings front office. What a great deal for a guy who tore it up in the AHL playoffs last season.

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I think Hextall must have incriminating pictures of Lombardi or someone else in the Kings front office. What a great deal for a guy who tore it up in the AHL playoffs last season.

It's really not a bad deal for LA. Schenn is a decent 3rd pairing guy, and they needed one since Greene is done. As for Vinny, I dunno why they would take him. Maybe just to help Hextall out since he said he will be retiring. Depth I guess?

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

It's really not a bad deal for LA. Schenn is a decent 3rd pairing guy, and they needed one sinse Greene is done. As for Vinny, I dunno why they would take him. Maybe just to help Hextall out since he said he will be retiring. Depth I guess?

I remember hearing how high Hextall was on Schenn when he was assistant GM in LA, but I thought that Schenn was Brayden.

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I remember hearing how high Hextall was on Schenn when he was assistant GM in LA, but I thought that Schenn was Brayden.

I'd trade him next (depending on the return obviously)

Ha! That's pretty funny.  I was just explaining the whole Vinny thing to my wife over a glass of wine,  and why one who's made 10's of millions wouldn't retire and go have fun.  And how we'd be stuck for however many more freaking years.....   Guess we'll be discussing  A Mac next time ;)

Great for the Flyers though, very surprised, and perhaps this Weal kid can help out on wing. 

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Well, I'll admit, I thought the Flyers would end up taking back half his salary after 2 years to send him back to Tampa. LA is close to Tampa, right?

It's only an inch or two on my globe. Pretty close. 

29 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

It's really not a bad deal for LA. Schenn is a decent 3rd pairing guy, and they needed one since Greene is done. As for Vinny, I dunno why they would take him. Maybe just to help Hextall out since he said he will be retiring. Depth I guess?

LA took VLC (sucks) for his defensive prowess. 

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LA took VLC (sucks) for his defensive prowess. 

no, apparently they took him because he sounds hungry and wants to prove people wrong. He said the same thing about Mike Richards. So when Vinny fails are we going to get another over-dramatic article from Lombardi saying that he trusted Vinny but was lied to? 

Just now, murraycraven said:

Man, and here I thought Vinny would look great on the first line...   :mad:

Breire48 is gonna be mad about this trade....

LOL I can't wait to hear what he has to say

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

LOL!!! Oh I'm sure he will have some type of uneducated rant....LOL

Just now, ruxpin said:

What do you bet this clears space to trade any one of Provlov, Sanheim or Ghost to Columbus for Johansen before Poile decides whether to wake up. 

Johansen has already been traded to NSH for Jones 

11 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Just tell him Weal is a older young right handed lefty tall short European from North America. He'll be thrilled. 

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

AND we get out of a buyout penalty AND get a 3rd AND a player?

I'm gonna be pissed when I wake up.

Weak is a minor leaguer.  With he limits on "vets" in the minor leagues, we may have to bring up MacDonald more permanently. 

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Weak is a minor leaguer.  With he limits on "vets" in the minor leagues, we may have to bring up MacDonald more permanently. 

Weal has yet to play an NHL game. I don't think he qualifies as a "vet"

I believe you'll see Sam Gagner back up before MacDud

Archived