Flyer 2016 trade options....

OccamsRazor

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-02-24 at 0:24 PM, JJMason33 said:

I was thinking either a first or a combination of 2nds, judging by what Talbot was worth as a pending UFA and Nuevirth's play and cheap contract and extra year under contract.  I would think STL would want a solid back-up going into playoffs considering both goalies have had injury issues this season.

Backup's are not going to generate that kind of return. Its a buyers market for Backup goalies and Reimer is more valuable than Neuvirth if Toronto retains salary. The extra year is nice and all, but nobody goes "yay, we have an extra year on our backup goalie's contract" because they are generally easily replaceable for free in the offseason.

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Backup's are not going to generate that kind of return. Its a buyers market for Backup goalies and Reimer is more valuable than Neuvirth if Toronto retains salary. The extra year is nice and all, but nobody goes "yay, we have an extra year on our backup goalie's contract" because they are generally easily replaceable for free in the offseason.

Not to mention neuvirth's difficulty staying healthy.  Not really the best option to stabilized a goalie depth chart heading into the postseason. 

@OccamsRazor

Mark Streit: Yo, I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

Ron Hextall: So tell me what you want, what you really really want.

Mark Streit: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna win a big Cup.

Ron Hextall: Winnipeg what? Oh, whatever. Done

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

@OccamsRazor

Mark Streit: Yo, I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

Ron Hextall: So tell me what you want, what you really really want.

Mark Streit: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna win a big Cup.

Ron Hextall: Winnipeg what? Oh, whatever. Done

Mrburns.gif

Yes make it so free up that cap space........PURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, AJgoal said:

TSN's trade bait list doesn't have a single Flyer in the top 20:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-1.203546

I see my buddy Kris Russell up there - why no MacDonald? :ph34r:

Honestly, the Flyers don't have too terribly much that they want to part with that other teams actually want.

#sadbuttrue

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

I see my buddy Kris Russell up there - why no MacDonald? :ph34r:

Honestly, the Flyers don't have too terribly much that they want to part with that other teams actually want.

#sadbuttrue

Yeah they may get a trade after all the good stuff has been scooped up. Streit would be a good one if not for that other year on his deal.

Very true. I think that Gagner could have had some value if he spent the year in the top 6. Medvedev may garner some interest. The Streit injury really hurts, because a top-10 point scoring D should be an easy sell.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

Medvedev may garner some interest.

With this in mind and the combined not so great play in Manning you'd think they would dress the guy....it won't help his trade value any sitting in the press box.

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

So quiet in the national media around the Flyers. With Hextall's MO, I figure that means at least 3 trades that will come out of left field.

If Hextall makes a move and it's like last year's deadline move, I'd be down with that. Not sure if the Flyers will get a first this year, but I'm almost certain there's a deal to be made with Boston for Streit. He'd ramp up that 2nd unit of the power play and Julien would know how to use Mark accordingly. I also think Streit's a better fit in Boston than Philadelphia. If a 2nd and a prospect like Kohklachev can be had, then I'd say go for it.

I'm almost certain that Schultz will be moved and I can see him going to a contender for a draft pick, which leaves MacDork and Manning. I'm wondering if Hextall and Hakstol would be comfortable with calling up Alt and Morin to play in Philadelphia for the rest of the year........

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Mark Streit has a limited no-trade clause _ he would agree to go to one of 10 teams _ but wants to stay with #Flyers.

I wonder who those teams are.

Weird, He's at the end of his career, and the Flyers do not offer him a chance at the Cup in the next two years. Could just be him saying "the right things" though 

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

League source tells me #Flyers "among 12 teams making offer for Drouin, Hextall pushing hard, may not be willing to meet return demanded.

It better not be any of Provorov, Sanheim Ghost or Morin..............

Hexy doing what he can to drive up the price.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

League source tells me #Flyers "among 12 teams making offer for Drouin, Hextall pushing hard, may not be willing to meet return demanded.

It better not be any of Provorov, Sanheim Ghost or Morin..............

You have to give up someone attractive.  I would deal Morin.  With the Flyers lack of offense, Drouin could play a lot of minutes and develop nicely.

Archived