Game #48 - Canadiens at Flyers - Feb 2 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

54 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, there's the rub. Easy for us to say: move him. Good luck Hexy

Well he does have a decent movable contract. 3.6 for two more years after this isn't so bad. I think someone who will need a top 6-9 forward may take a chance on him....and he doesn't have a NMC or NTC. So he is tolerable if you don't look at how much he is making on the Flyers...but when you do 3.6mill is a lot for a 4th liner. But not as bad as a 4.5mill popcorn maker like RJ.

If Hexy could trade Pronger and Vinny if he wants to he can trade Read.

But Read and Coots had some good chemistry.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, there's the rub. Easy for us to say: move him. Good luck Hexy

The real issue is the two more years on his deal. If he was a pending UFA he'd be a rental someone would give something for (a 4th??).

With two more years, if he doesn't show more, he's going to be the second coming of RJ Umburglar.

6 hours ago, brelic said:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-2216-vs-MTL-Flyers-Alumni-Game/45/74433

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 2.28 (27th), Canadiens 2.66 (10th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.62 (15th), Canadiens 2.66 (T-19th)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 64/68, Canadiens 97/66
Power play efficiency: Flyers 17.4% (T-21st), Canadiens 17.4% (T-21st)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 78.0% (26th), Canadiens 84.3% (6th)
Shots per game: Flyers 30.4 (11th), Canadiens 31.8 (4th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 32.3 (29th), Canadiens 27.4 (4th)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 50.1% (T-15th),Canadiens 51.3% (T-5th)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

Flyers

93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
89 Sam Gagner - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White
24 Matt Read - 12 Michael Raffl - 20 R.J. Umberger 

15 Michael Del Zotto - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

35 Steve Mason
[30 Michal Neuvirth or 49 Jason LaBarbera]

Scratches: Evgeny Medvedev (healthy), Jordan Weal (healthy), Scott Laughton (healthy), Michal Neuvirth (left practice early on Monday, to be re-evaluated).

Canadiens

67 Max Pacioretty - 51 David Desharnais - 22 Dale Weise
27 Alex Galchenyuk - 14 Tomas Plekanec - 11 Brendan Gallagher
15 Tomas Fleischmann - 81 Lars Eller - 42 Sven Andrighetto
32 Brian Flynn - 17 Torrey Mitchell - 21 Devante Smith-Pelly

79 Andrei Markov - 76 P.K. Subban
74 Alexei Emelin - 26 Jeff Petry
28 Nathan Beaulieu - 45 Mark Barberio

39 Mike Condon
[40 Ben Scrivens]

Scratches: Lucas Lessio (healthy), Greg Pateryn (healthy), Tom Gilbert (questionable), Carey Price (IR, lower body), Paul Byron (IR, lower body), Daniel Carr (IR, right knee).

---

There's also a bit of concerning news about Mason:

Goaltender Steve Mason took back-to-back maintenance days and then missed last Wednesday's game with a lower-body injury. He reported feeling better, and will get the start on Monday. The goaltender is said to be on a maintenance plan to manage the issue and get him through the rest of the season.

Oh look. Therrien is still not fired.

Christ almighty, how often will the french Canadian coach play favorites with the french Canadian Center? Desharnais is a 3rd line C who can play 2nd in a pinch. but Therrien plays favorites with him like nobody else on the team. Even Habs fans say "PLAY HIM AS A 3RD LINE C YOU IDIOT"

Apparently Therrien thinks DD is "Davey franchise". 1st PP time all year with nothing to show for it.

Hilarious that Bergevin is demanding Galchenyuk be given C time all summer and the coach is blatantly ignoring him.

For a good time, go to the pregame thread the habs fans have going on hfboards hahaha

They are imploding.

D.Weise is a perfect 3rd/4rth liner...

and fire D.D off to the moon. I am tired of seeing this midget being hailed as ''gars de chez nous'' ''he has had it hard'' I do not give a ****. Waive him. ( I know DD is a perfect 3rd liner, but...) what the **** is wrong with our media to never criticize this under-sized 1st liner who CLEARLY leeched off Pacioretty and always has had shelled minutes,,,???

Why not Galchenyuk and Gallagher and Pacioretty on the first line? Is there too much logic in putting these three together? Are they getting 10 million bucks from tourism Quebec for keeping DD relevant? There has to be something we do not know.

This is the kind of decision that ALL the NHL look at and says: Man, i don't wanna play for that coach.

All those years, hearing that Therrien was a "fair coach"...that players "must" earn their ice-time.
And i'm hearing that it's not Therrien's fault, he's doing the best he can with what we have.
Changing coach wouldn't change anything.....all crap and a bunch of lies.

I want Desharnais gone...I wanted him gone for 2 years because of the blatant favoritism towards him.
It hurt the teams at every turn, every playoffs sine Therrien is here.

I never EVER saw such favoritism toward such a bad player in my life.

7 hours ago, Samifan said:

Umberger a HEALTHY SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, there is a god! Second half of the season starting off right! 

Here's hoping he nails the popcorn service tonight so Homer and Hextall will invite him back :P

He's not going to do the popcorn right.   His confidence is too low, he's gripping the stick - I mean bag too tight.  But he does do the little things right,  you know.  He gets just the right amount of shakes of that good- cheesy salt.

Well the refs tried to eff the Flyers. Mason played well. Good to get those two hard earn points.

I also don't like the the new NHL main web page and Gamecenter layout. It was laggy as hell while i was watching the game.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well the refs tried to eff the Flyers. Mason played well. Good to get those two hard earn points.

I also don't like the the new NHL main web page and Gamecenter layout. It was laggy as hell while i was watching the game.

It absolutely sucks and they do not offer the audio feed anymore either.I also had to continually  refresh to get updates. POOR upgrade for NHL fans.

Just now, flyerrod said:

It absolutely sucks and they do not offer the audio feed anymore either.I also had to continually  refresh to get updates. POOR upgrade for NHL fans.

Yes it just frozen up at the end....and would just freeze up throughout the game....suck ass upgrade..really a downgrade. When i would click the full screen option it was just all black for 10 seconds each time...annoying as hell.

Balanced game.  If I read the NHL.com site correctly ( a tough read) Gagner was plus 2 and actually looked fairly good out there.  Simmonds may have have gotten first star but Mason kept the Habs at bay with some great saves.  It was a fine effort.  Even the third and fourth lines looked active.  I just wished they could score!

Howie

Archived