Trade deadline predictions sure to go wrong

yave1964

My predictions of who will wind up where as the deadline is now less than a month away....Imagine Karnak wearing that goofy swami hat lifting the envelope to ...

JORDAN EBERLE Jordan Eberle Edmonton Oilers NHL Official Licensed Hockey 8x10 Photo ...is being shopped according to rumors for a defenseman, I say that in the next week he will end up in anaheim as the latest installment of lets get the offense going that the ducks are desperately trying to do. going back to Edmonton will be Sami Vatanen,Sami Vatanena nice solid young defenseman who the ducks are loath to trade but they have young d-men coming out of the wazoo.

Speaking of the ducks goalie FrederickFrederick Andersen Anderssen is Montreal bound. The only team desperate for a goalie has a history of trading with the Ducks in recent seasons. The cost will be young netminder Zach Fucale.

Big Buff back to Chicago as a rental Dustin Byfuglienjust makes a ridiculous amount of sense IF the Hawks can make the money work, they have a lot of solid young players going through a baptism of fire and one or two of them should encourage the Jets to pull the trigger as long as the Jets take on Bickel/Shaw or whatever salary makes this happen. No team needs Byfuglien more.

If Buff resigns, Andrew Ladd is a goner, the Jets do not have money for both apparently, I see Lad ending up in Detroit with Anthony Mantha as part of the return, but only if Buff resigns. If not, Ladd will take the money to stay in Winnipeg.

JonathanBlog health care about children...: What To Do When Your Baby’s Cry?Drouin to the Wild for Scandella. Immediately the Wild will regret it.

Hartnell to the Bruins.

Yandle will be subject of trade rumors until the deadline and then stay put.

Brayden Schenn to the Canucks for a good prospect, the Canucks are suddenly flush in young forwards.

Eric Staal, if the Hurricanes are sticking around so is he. If they fade, Toronto will make a huge push.

Kris Versteeg, same thing if the Canes slip he will be dealt. I see Versteeg in Montreal.

Ennis to Calgary.

Reimer to the Blues for Elliott. Perfect game 7 goalie for the Blues. The irony is all over that one, the chokingest goalie on the chokingest team. That one would just be prefect.

The Capitals add Tyler Bozak to center their third line, a role that he will excel in.

WHEW! That is all I have for now. Anyone else?

Moving Eberle seems a tad wrong given they have Draisaitl and McDavid playing C too, with RNH out. Mind you Draisaitl was lighting it up as RW with RNH in the middle and Hall on the left. Actually, he kept lighting it up even after RNH was moved to his own line with Eberle.

But I guess they don't want to make Kesler a 7 million dollar 3rd line C. Moving Vatanen makes perfect sense given Theodore's performance.

I can see Mark Streit going back to the Islanders for a 2nd round pick and a possible prospect. 

Or the Islanders take Weal, RJ Umberger and Striet and in return give the Flyers a 2nd and Matt Martin

I actually like the idea of Drouin going to the Wild from the Bolts.

It would keep his skill set in my 'family of teams', however, Marco Scandella, he of the hard shot, solid checking and good all around defenseman, by himself won't get it done simply because the money won't work for Tampa Bay.

Scandella makes $4M per, while Drouin is at around $900K....the cap strapped Lightning simply won't be able to do that.

Plus, Yzerman has already said he would like a young defenseman if possible (Marco is more of a In-his-prime-now Dman), for Drouin, and if he is going to deal with the Wild, that will have to start at Matt Dumba, whose contract and age is more similar to Drouin's.

Maybe some package of Scandella and someone else to TB for Drouin and a high price tag player going the other way (Matt Carle for instance), would do it, but if Minny actually accepts Carle (and Carle has a NTC as well), THEN I'd say Minnesota may immediately regret it! :lol:

32 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I actually like the idea of Drouin going to the Wild from the Bolts.

It would keep his skill set in my 'family of teams', however, Marco Scandella, he of the hard shot, solid checking and good all around defenseman, by himself won't get it done simply because the money won't work for Tampa Bay.

Scandella makes $4M per, while Drouin is at around $900K....the cap strapped Lightning simply won't be able to do that.

Plus, Yzerman has already said he would like a young defenseman if possible (Marco is more of a In-his-prime-now Dman), for Drouin, and if he is going to deal with the Wild, that will have to start at Matt Dumba, whose contract and age is more similar to Drouin's.

Maybe some package of Scandella and someone else to TB for Drouin and a high price tag player going the other way (Matt Carle for instance), would do it, but if Minny actually accepts Carle (and Carle has a NTC as well), THEN I'd say Minnesota may immediately regret it! :lol:

I was horrified when a Sharks fan suggested we trade Braun+ Chartier(Braun = Vlasic lite locked up in a very good contract) for Carle(negative value) and Drouin

At some point, will everyone in the Sharks community realize that Carle has scored 0. ZEROOOOOOOO points in 36 games this season? He has not been relevant since he was leeching off Pronger.

In fact, he is the Mike Richards of dmen, only he was never that good to begin with.

2 hours ago, Bertmega said:

I can see Mark Streit going back to the Islanders for a 2nd round pick and a possible prospect. 

Or the Islanders take Weal, RJ Umberger and Striet and in return give the Flyers a 2nd and Matt Martin

Streit has been back for nearly 30 games playing over 20 minutes a night and he has only 11 points. And he was never great defensively to begin with. His value was his offense

I am pretty sure his value is dropping fast.

They ain't taking Umberger too

13 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

They ain't taking Umberger too

I know, I know..... One can dream right?

I was hoping it would be like a "I read on the internet that RJ Umberger was traded, so it must be true" kind of thing. 

Not sure on Eberle leaving now. With that line putting up points the way they are , I can see the Oilers second guessing on letting Eberle go. On the other hand, his stock is rising rapidly so if they do pull the trigger, they could make out on the deal.

2 hours ago, Hatrik98 said:

Not sure on Eberle leaving now. With that line putting up points the way they are , I can see the Oilers second guessing on letting Eberle go. On the other hand, his stock is rising rapidly so if they do pull the trigger, they could make out on the deal.

Sell now, HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!!

• 2 weeks later...

Streit isn't getting traded. There's no team out there that will want to take a 38 year old defenseman, who's not strong defensively and has sucked offensively for a few months, who still has another year left on his deal, especially since the Flyers can't retain any more salary this year.

Archived