I hate Jake

Samifan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2016 at 11:43 AM, OccamsRazor said:

So i did a rough calculation as if the cap will rise so they would have to expose 18 million of a 72 million cap....Hhhhhhhmmmm....this could get tricky.

So MacDonald(won't matter no one will take him)5.5 mil. Umberger (see MacDonald) 4.2 mil. Vorachek at 8 mil. So, add Schultz to that and your 18 mil is covered. Vorachek is the only real potential casualty and if they take his 8 year @ 8 mil is it really a loss?

Bundy is right Voracek should've stayed down, not only to get the major but to draw attention by the league. Maybe they would've made him sit a game like they did Bellemare, whose hit was partially accidental.

that hit is bullshit. chimera is a douche player. he never passes up that hit, and never answers for it, either via penalty or "code" how does that work.  that hit is a part of that guy's game, what, does he just get a pass ?  

i try to like the caps because i like their farm team, but **** them . **** them all

@mojo1917

yeah Chimera is an a-hole who constantly looks to hurt other players. Orpik is the same way. I know some will say "they're just playing with an edge" but these 2 specialize in hitting guys blindside in the back. They have skill, they're obviously not mere goons but they're a-hole players in my book. 

I know we don't have a lot of options, but would any of you consider sitting Jake? I might. He's clearly playing under the effects of a concussion. I don't trust him right now. Who could go in?

13 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I don't hate Jake... I hate his new contract and might hate him on the PP even more.   He has the old school Jeff Carter "high and wide" shot that is just maddening...  

Get it on net!

He's played like he's brain dead. I imagine he does have an injury, but it must be preventing oxygen to the brain. 

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

He's played like he's brain dead. I imagine he does have an injury, but it must be preventing oxygen to the brain. 

the injury to his brain is the 64 millon dollars that's preventing him from playing. i think he would probably play harder if he didnt get paid.

Jake is not the reason we lost.  Look, we're not as skilled a team to begin with, but none of our skilled players showed up.  

Giroux was horribly unimpressive.  Simmonds at least played physical, but he was offensive offensively.  And Jake has been beaten to death here, but I don't think he's been beaten enough.  I cringed whenever he had the puck or a Flyer had the idiocy to pass it to him.  He was worse than worthless.   He was a negative.  

I hope it actually is an injury, but I don't understand how an injury makes you completely forget how to play.   I joked about the oxygen to the brain thing, but seriously:  You'd think an injury would make it hard to shoot or to play physically or something.  But to be a complete jackass with the puck?  Not just repeatedly but consistently?  I suppose it's possible if the pain was so great.  But if it was, they'd have been better off dressing someone, anyone else.    He was a liability out there.

This isn't sour grapes about losing.   They made the playoffs when I would have bet my house against it.  And they pushed the President's Trophy winner to a 1-0 win in game 6.  I'll take all of that as a pleasant surprise to hopefully build on.  

But I'm very scared that Jake's contract will end up being VLC, Part Deux.  At least VLC accomplished some things and simply aged.  Jake needs rectal cranialectomy.

We've been saying we need a top line left winger.   

We may also need a top line right winger and maybe a top line center.

Archived