2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

pilldoc

2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks  

27 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

• Penguins in 4 (sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Sharks in 4 (sweep)
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Haters just gonna hate...Penguins gonna dive...NHL gonna bail them out of bankruptcy. Keepin' it real. 

Flyers gonna take their Cup away next year in five. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nossagog said:

Before or after the game?    Maybe they'll do it in game between the benches.

As long as that's ALL they do between the benches...fine by me.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

CkJ00wNUoAAUzb3.jpg

If the Sharks haven't been enough to put them to sleep, the pizza will do the job. I heard the Sharks started selling it with special "herbs" at the start of Game 4. 

Truly I don't think PIerre has it that bad for Sid.  Now Kristopher Letang....that's a whole 'nother story.  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

I don't mind McGuire one bit.  The thing that always comes across to me is his love for the game and i'll never think that is a bad thing. 

I am, however, starting to not enjoy Mike Emerick any longer, it has nothing to do with bias either.  I get the shits of hearing him use "swagger" "filter"  and the like when describing the action. 

I'm not wild about Joe Michelczyki either. 

there's a lot to "not like" about the NBC SN coverage 

I know Emerick is supposedly "premier" but he's not Gary Thorne. or even Steve Levy who was excellent. 

I'm just glad hockey is on TV...My preference is for Dave Strader for play by play and the guy that does the HNIC I think its Jim Hueson ?   I have always like Darren Pang doing color, heck even Kenny Albert does a good job with it, his voice isn't my cup of tea though, it doesn't cut through he's a good one to call a lazy afternoon game so a guy can have a nap.

57 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The only question left tomorrow night is does Regis propose to Sid?

Nah, why would Regis buy the cow when he has been getting the milk for free all these years!

14 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Truly I don't think PIerre has it that bad for Sid.  Now Kristopher Letang....that's a whole 'nother story.  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

Every other sentence out of his mouth involves a Sidney Crosby reference. Now he just ties in Letang references to go along with that. It is nauseating to hear this DB be so unshamefully one-sided, and the networks allow it. Is there anybody else they could hire? Please?! How about Craig Berube "Behind the Penalty Box"?

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Have they already given up???

CkJ0052UkAI7xVd.jpg

These are the jackasses with more money than brains, don't know a hockey puck from a cow chip, and drop $1500 a pop on some SCF tix downstairs and $400 apiece for some fresh authentic jerseys, just to be able to show off to their friends. Well I hope your friends all see these pics, nice job assholes.

The worst part is this happens in every arena now......sorry but i miss the days of 21 teams and old shitehole buildings that turd buckets like these people would never dare set foot into

The jealousy and angst some of these Flyers fans have for Sid is hilarious.  I just picture them sitting around throwing darts at Crosby posters listening to Alanis Morissette, and crying into their chamomile tea...   Thanks boys!  Your hatred fuels us to celebrate all the more!   We need one more game...  you know what that feels like, right?  GO PENS! 

6 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

We need one more game...  you know what that feels like, right?

I do, my guys haven't given me the result yet though.

Jagged Little Pill was a great album...don't hate. 

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I do, my guys haven't given me the result yet though.

Jagged Little Pill was a great album...don't hate. 

That's not aimed at you my friend...  you've been about the sport not hating.  LOL 

3 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

That's not aimed at you my friend...  you've been about the sport not hating.  LOL 

I figured as much but felt the need to stick up for Alanis :D

1 hour ago, Polaris922 said:

The jealousy and angst some of these Flyers fans have for Sid is hilarious.  I just picture them sitting around throwing darts at Crosby posters listening to Alanis Morissette, and crying into their chamomile tea...   Thanks boys!  Your hatred fuels us to celebrate all the more!   We need one more game...  you know what that feels like, right?  GO PENS! 

Psha, others hatred doesn't make it any better for me Pol.   I could care less what other people think, I have fun with it, sure, but I don't get extra pleasure with anyone's displeasure if we win.  

That would be the same as me feeling good about another team losing. I just don't do that.  I may not root for the other teams, but I don't hate them and root against them.   What purpose does it serve? I root for the Pens as my team, and I watch the other teams for the beauty of the game. By having an ax to grind against a team is to miss out on watching some good hockey.   

I think most of the guys in here, and I did say MOST, rib us in good humor.  For the ones who actually hate and believe all the conspiracy stuff, just not worth it. 

29 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Psha, others hatred doesn't make it any better for me Pol.   I could care less what other people think, I have fun with it, sure, but I don't get extra pleasure with anyone's displeasure if we win.  

That would be the same as me feeling good about another team losing. I just don't do that.  I may not root for the other teams, but I don't hate them and root against them.   What purpose does it serve? I root for the Pens as my team, and I watch the other teams for the beauty of the game. By having an ax to grind against a team is to miss out on watching some good hockey.   

I think most of the guys in here, and I did say MOST, rib us in good humor.  For the ones who actually hate and believe all the conspiracy stuff, just not worth it. 

See... I'm with you about rooting against someone until they spout hate towards my boys.  Then I'm a karma kind of guy.  In my life, sometimes I've BEEN the karma I suppose.  Other times, I enjoy watching what I deem to be "just desserts".  When it comes to the good sports with the friendly ribbing and such, it's all in fun.  But when you have haters who just seeth with it, well.. I'm not as kind.  We all have a role to play in this life.  ;) 

20 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

See... I'm with you about rooting against someone until they spout hate towards my boys.  Then I'm a karma kind of guy.  In my life, sometimes I've BEEN the karma I suppose.  Other times, I enjoy watching what I deem to be "just desserts".  When it comes to the good sports with the friendly ribbing and such, it's all in fun.  But when you have haters who just seeth with it, well.. I'm not as kind.  We all have a role to play in this life.  ;) 

I always take that attitude of stepping back and say, well, what good can come from this, and what bad.  On the good side, there is that temporary feeling of making them look bad by using facts to cut them down. But on the bad side, it won't make a difference because their arguments are not based on facts but on biased homer views(And I'm talking those minority of people who actually believe the stuff).  And then I just get depressed that I actually used some brain cells that won't come back trying to reason with someone I know is not reasonable.  Then have a big glass of wine or a few Guinesses, thus killing more brain cells.  At some point, I'll probably reach the equilibrium of just using feelings too, maybe I'll understand then. ;)

Noss, Pols....you guys are great loyal fans, you deserve this. I'd like to say treasure every moment, cause the chance may never come again....but the truth is, as long as Sid and the core are there, you are gonna be right in the hunt. The only real missing ingredient has been found, that is the young successor to Fleury. Murray looks to have a lot playoff adventures in his future. He has not outright stolen games with spectacular save like Parent etc....but he is very sound positionally, has great anticipation, is getting better and better at rebound control and a he's really proficient at the lost art of following the puck properly. His skill set tells me it's almost impossible to be a flash in the pan like Jim Carey etc.

The man of the hour here just *has* to be Jim Rutherford. The much maligned GM (I was at the front of the line)  was being ripped apart just 6 months ago. He was being chastised for giving up a decent haul for Phil Kessel. That trade took some conviction and some jam and is paying HUGE dividends.  Getting Hagelin made a fast team faster and the grit and savvy of Eric Fehr is evident in every game....damn, he even took on Justin Schutz and in doing so proved everyone wrong....  he is playing meaningful minutes when it matters most, in the final and is no where near the defensive siv everyone thought he would be...just about everyone but Ol' Jimmy. Even though he is hurt, trading Scuderi for Daley was a no brainier. There is a reason this guy is about to win the Cup exactly 10 years to the day that his 2006 Carolina Hurricanes pulled off the feat. This guy knows how to build a championship roster, he just proved that the 06 Canes were not a fluke. Don't even vote on NHL Executive of the Year....just hand it over.

I do believe that if and when the Pens pull this off, Jim Rutherford will have written his ticket to the Hall of Fame. He was a decent goalie....add that to the fact has won Cups with 2 different orgs....that is pretty special. I'm not sure if anyone else has pulled that off, but if they have, it must be a short list. I would say Dale Tallon might have a shot, and maybe Lou Lamirillo if the Toronto brass lets him hang around long enough.

@jammer2

Great post.  I'm sure that wasn't easy to write. :goodjob:

As for Rutherford, I couldn't agree more. Just about everything he's done has paid off and he was quick to correct what few mistakes he made.

Nick Bonino for Brandon Sutter...

Trevor Daley for Rob Scuderi...

Carl Hagelin for David Perron...

Adding guys like Fehr and Cullen late in free agency on inexpesive deals...

Schultz for a 3rd round pick...

And of course, Kessel...

He was also smart enough to hire Sullivan to coach WBS (this was his first year with the organization) as insurance for Johnston. Even trading Lovejoy for Depres doesn't look that bad now considering the style of play the team was moving to.

The SCF aren't over but the immediate future is bright as this team will likely return intact except for maybe Cullen (UFA. Retiring?) and Schultz (RFA but at $3,900,000 now). Lovejoy is UFA, too.

If JR hangs 'em up after this season he's left the team in much better shape than when he left which is all one can ask for.

4 hours ago, nossagog said:

I always take that attitude of stepping back and say, well, what good can come from this, and what bad.  On the good side, there is that temporary feeling of making them look bad by using facts to cut them down. But on the bad side, it won't make a difference because their arguments are not based on facts but on biased homer views(And I'm talking those minority of people who actually believe the stuff).  And then I just get depressed that I actually used some brain cells that won't come back trying to reason with someone I know is not reasonable.  Then have a big glass of wine or a few Guinesses, thus killing more brain cells.  At some point, I'll probably reach the equilibrium of just using feelings too, maybe I'll understand then. ;)

Fair points but Polaris and I have been around long enough that it takes minimal brain cells to regurgitate the facts that easily refute biased officials/Pierre/bankruptcy/tanking/Buttman/pick your topic.  ;)

@jammer2

Thanks bud!  We're excited about what we're seeing.  One more game to go.  

I I agree on Rutherford.  I absolutely lambasted him as a GM in our GM bracket a couple years ago.  I was SO upset when he was hired on. And then he steadily earned my respect. The majority of the moves he's made I've been very happy with. All but the Lovejoy/Depres trade (which I still despise).  

Gotta hand it to Rutherford.  He's earned the way to the doorstep of the Cup.  

21 hours ago, B21 said:

@jammer2

Great post.  I'm sure that wasn't easy to write. :goodjob:

As for Rutherford, I couldn't agree more. Just about everything he's done has paid off and he was quick to correct what few mistakes he made.

Nick Bonino for Brandon Sutter...

Trevor Daley for Rob Scuderi...

Carl Hagelin for David Perron...

Adding guys like Fehr and Cullen late in free agency on inexpesive deals...

Schultz for a 3rd round pick...

And of course, Kessel...

He was also smart enough to hire Sullivan to coach WBS (this was his first year with the organization) as insurance for Johnston. Even trading Lovejoy for Depres doesn't look that bad now considering the style of play the team was moving to.

The SCF aren't over but the immediate future is bright as this team will likely return intact except for maybe Cullen (UFA. Retiring?) and Schultz (RFA but at $3,900,000 now). Lovejoy is UFA, too.

If JR hangs 'em up after this season he's left the team in much better shape than when he left which is all one can ask for.

I'm sorry bro, I was really tired typing that....of course, I should have included you in the great loyal fan dept.....apologize for the oversight. San Jose makes it 2-0 as I type, finally showing some life, GOOD....I want a tight checking hard fought game here. I still think the story has been written though, no way do the Pens lose 3 in a row. Really like the sense of desperation brought forth by the Sharks, probably to little to late, but hey....at least they are not going away with their tails between their legs. I really like the pace....very exciting game so far.

edit....lol, Malkin scores at the exact moment I hit submit reply....

Archived