Flyers Off-Season Game Plan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Who let Applebee's back to the big kid table? Miller is a washed up duster. Cut the cord Rick, he hasn't been a meaningful  goalie is nearly a decade. 

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

I don't know if it means anything, but seen today at the Flyers pro shop:

jmILaBD.jpg

:hocky:

AJ, were they $50 or $200? Then you'll know. I don't want a retread. No thanks, Luke.

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Cm7OTrCWYAAWp9l.jpg

Cm7OVsgW8AAD7tv.jpg

Nice job with the chart comparison. Very interesting... I guess Raffl has to work on his playmaking skills to be anywhere NEAR Benn or Toews. These other guys make the other players on the line better. Raffl, not nearly as much, obviously. He is very comparable in goal scoring with these guys, but I still don't see him as a 1st line player. Can he be a really good 2nd line player? Absolutely.

I would be ok with a one year do-it-again deal for Brayden....the only downside is they would have to work something out by the deadline because he would a UFA i think after this year.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

HHHHhhhhmmmm how about a Jaden Schwartz and Shattenkirk for Brayden Schenn and Streit trade??? What can i say slow day i'm sure this will stir the pot........

The Blues get Schenn for a younger forward who's at least comparably good, and an about to retire Streit for a much younger, better defenseman. I don't see why the Blues would consider this trade any longer than it would take for it to actually be proposed.

On 7/3/2016 at 8:18 AM, briere48 said:

is jeff skinner on the block? hextall has to do something now because giroux and jake are not getting any younger, i mean what i dont get is, if hexy is not making win now moves, then what is the sense of keeping giroux and voraeck? because they are not young like toews and kane, hextall is wasting their talent by waiting three more  years and by the time the young dmen are good, giroux and voraeck are going to be close to 30 and have no clue of what they are going to be.

it's not how you rebuild, you rebuild your forwards by getting younger with your young dman. i understand everyone likes hextall's plan but do you not realise giroux and voreack are not young players?

You really narrowed what you don't get to one thing?   Just no to everything you wrote. Ever. 

And Giroux and Toews are the same age and Voracek is younger than Kane. 

Simply no. 

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

The Blues get Schenn for a younger forward who's at least comparably good, and an about to retire Streit for a much younger, better defenseman. I don't see why the Blues would consider this trade any longer than it would take for it to actually be proposed.

Just throw Read in there to give them another forward. Or just trade Brayden and Jaden straight up because they don't really need Shatty.

On 7/3/2016 at 8:26 PM, pilldoc said:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/66578493.jpg

I truly think it is for the shock effect..... just saying....

I swear to God I lose brain cells just reading the screen name.   But I choked while laughing from reading your meme.

Just throw Read in there to give them another forward.

That would make it worse from a Blues POV. Plus, they couldn't afford the salaries.

Or just trade Brayden and Jaden straight up because they don't really need Shatty.

I still can't see St. Louis wanting to make this move. I suppose that Schwartz's injury and probably slightly higher cap hit might factor in, but do we really want to get smaller on the wing?

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

That would make it worse from a Blues POV. Plus, they couldn't afford the salaries.

I still can't see St. Louis wanting to make this move. I suppose that Schwartz's injury and probably slightly higher cap hit might factor in, but do we really want to get smaller on the wing?

I'm not sure why the Blues would do this either.  But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to from the Flyers' end.   

Just now, ruxpin said:

I'm not sure why the Blues would do this either.  But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to from the Flyers' end.   

Agreed

17 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Well you can mix it around to make it fair. But i wouldn't worry about his size he has scored 25 and 28 goals in a season so it isn't an issue. And he is a LW. 

5 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

I really don't see #10 going anywhere. He is young and gets better every year. And plays his best as a LW.  Pay him and lets move on. 

he is the last player to not sign b/c of bad contracts 

I don't think he will, since he elected arbitration the team can set the length either a one or two year deal. Or they could settle on a longer one.

Archived