Move up to #4 Pick

I don't think there is a combination of non essential players or valuable prospects that the Oil and I would agree on... 

MDZ and our first would be where I stop, i'm not giving 2 roster players and our first for #4 , i'm not giving a roster player,  a top prospect and our first for #4.  

I'm not blowing up what appears to be going well to take a step back unless the guy is a complete Aaron Ekblad - Jack Eichel- Connor MacDAvid.  I make a deal like that for Laine or Matthews but that's it. 

Provorov / Sanheim / Ghost = untouchable.

MDZ / #18 / either Coots or Laughton would be my offer but may not be enough.

would consider Morin but like has been mentioned before, 6'7" D-men do not grow on trees.

might throw in the #2 we got from Chicago (#52 overall).

Assume Matthews / Laine / Puljujarvi are gone in that order then at #4 I draft either Tkachuk or Dubois. (Is either player worth a roster player, a top prospect, and 2 draft picks?)

If the answer is no then I say see what it takes to move up to #11, #12, or #13 depending on who is available.

16 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Provorov / Sanheim / Ghost = untouchable.

MDZ / #18 / either Coots or Laughton would be my offer but may not be enough.

would consider Morin but like has been mentioned before, 6'7" D-men do not grow on trees.

might throw in the #2 we got from Chicago (#52 overall).

Agree on the untouchables.  

Tend to think the rest sounds like a bit much.  

IMHO Coots and Morin are just about as untouchable as the others.

What you said about 6'7" D men rings true.  But he's not just a bump.  The kid's got plenty of potential.  And with the crop we have, the team has time to let him develop it.  

All you need to do is look at the team's record with and without Coots in the lineup to know that trading him has to be for a pretty massive puzzle piece and judging by the picture Hexy and Hack seem to be gunning for, I feel like they'd tend to agree.  

I know what I see in Coots that makes him untouchable to me, but to everyone else who is continually ready to deal him, the wins and losses stand on their own. Not all agree with me, but frankly I don't think it matters if he he knows how to skate or shoot or pass to our liking, he seems to know how to win.  I'm more interested in that.

The cost will be entirely too high.  You're going to start with a Sanehim/Provorov level prospect, 18th, and probably another prospect or position player.  As much as I would love to grab a Tkachuk type prospect, it's going to be too much.  I can see Hextall jumping up a few spots to grab someone if they fall and he likes them but that will only cost a 2nd or 3rd. 

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Agree on the untouchables.  

Tend to think the rest sounds like a bit much.  

IMHO Coots and Morin are just about as untouchable as the others.

What you said about 6'7" D men rings true.  But he's not just a bump.  The kid's got plenty of potential.  And with the crop we have, the team has time to let him develop it.  

All you need to do is look at the team's record with and without Coots in the lineup to know that trading him has to be for a pretty massive puzzle piece and judging by the picture Hexy and Hack seem to be gunning for, I feel like they'd tend to agree.  

I know what I see in Coots that makes him untouchable to me, but to everyone else who is continually ready to deal him, the wins and losses stand on their own. Not all agree with me, but frankly I don't think it matters if he he knows how to skate or shoot or pass to our liking, he seems to know how to win.  I'm more interested in that.

totally agree with all you mentioned.  As I have posted numerous times, I am not a Coots hater as some on here are.  I know the value he brings to this team even though others disagree.  Like Peter Puck mentioned...just spitballing here.  I would be ok with dealing Laughton.  Though I tend to agree with @sekkes85 I believe that if the Flyers really want to move up Edm would ask for Provorov / Ghost / Sanheim and that is just too much.

I think in the end the Flyers will try to get into the 11th, 12th, or 13th spot and that is high as we see the Flyers pick this year....4th overall is too far away and will cost too much.

Agree with other about cost being too high. After the 4th pick I could see the price coming down a bit, since I see Dubois as a clear 4th overall. If I was EDM I'd be asking Provorov and our 1st, perhaps more. I can't see them settling for Sanheim instead of Ivan, unless they are especially enamored of Sanheim from watching him down Hwy #2 in Calgary. 

I think the Oilers would gladly take Provorov straight up for their 4th overall. There isn't a defenceman of his calibre in this draft. And that's what they need.

As a Flyers fan, as much as i'd love to get Dubois, i pass.

15 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Provorov.

Or Sanheim and our 1st.

Or Morin and Simmonds.

I'd do Del Zotto and our 1st. I'd love to get PLD.

I think the first 3 picks of the draft are a given....It should be a close race between Matthews and Laine for 1st overall, but I do think Matthews will win that battle. At the end of the day, he is a super elite skater and Laine is just above average in the skating dept (some claim he is even worse than that....I'm not in that line of thinking). Jesse Puljajarvi is a lock for #3 and then it may just go off the rails a bit. Dubois is rising steady, but I do think Matthew Tkachhuk will be in the hunt to go #4 overall. He is SO much like his old man it's almost scary. Both father and son utilized the tip in, and set up shop in the crease area. It's possible tha Alexander Nylander sqeezes into the #4 slot debate also. The first d-man should go between #5 and #7. Could be Olli Juolevi, Windsor's Sergachev or stay at home, rock solid Jakob Chychrun.

It is entirely possible that the Oil would ask for our #18th overall and a roster player.....somebody like the good Schenn for example. At that point, it would be to much subtraction in relation to addition. Pierre-Luc Dubois or Matthew Tkachuk, either one would be a VERY respectable haul. Maybe a package of this years 1st and 2nd round picks, Mark Friedman and one of A)Nicklas Aube-Kubel//Radel Fazleev or Oskar Lindblom. Moving from #18 into thet top4-5 would be a pretty expensive venture.

Another scenario is waiting patiently until #10 to #13 and nab Clayton Keller. He's not a position of need, a center...nor is he big or physically imposing etc.....I believe this kid is going to be a superstar. Moving up 6-4 spots would be a lot easier on Hexy. He's only 5'10 and 170 pounds, but if he a few inches taller he would easily break into the top 6 or 7. Last year in the NTDP, he came close to breaking Auston Matthews all time league scoring record. He tailed off towards the end of the year, but still managed to put up a startling 37 goals....70 assists and 107 pts in only 62 games. This kid has off the chart skills....and he does not turn 18 until the end of the summer, July 29th.Clayton played the entire season with fellow 1st round forward Kiefer Bellows (Brian's son).

Next year Keller will choose between his verbal commitment with the Boston University Terriers and the OHL's Windsor Spitfires. It is said that Windsor has the upper hand due to (ranked -15 in this summers draft) Kellers best friend Logan Brown (ranked 10-15ish in this summers draft) playing on the Spits. The Spits being guaranteed a spot in the Memorial Cup will not hurt our chances either. Spits GM Warren Rychel has already stated that convincing Clayton to sign is the #1 priority this summer.

Spits potential 1st round picks for 2016 June 24th draft....really nice to have all these highly ranked Spits, gives me a very firm grasp of who fits in where and how deep this draft is.

1)Mikhail Sergachev approx #8= He is such a talented skater, a pure natural....at times he can seem lazy because he has so much poise. The offensive potential is an aspect that many teams find very intriguing. When this kid turns on the jets, not many can catch him or keep up.....very explosive when he wants to be.

2)Clayton Keller approx #12 =  has not signed an OHL deal yet....Spits negotiating *without* cheating....lol. Scouts impressed at how consistently great he is, night in and night out.

3)Logan Brown approx #14= Towering center is 6'6 and 210 pounds, still growing.....respectable skater for a big man and very soft hands. I sometimes question the work ethic side of things, he has a bit of JVR in him if you ask me. Really reminds me a young Jason Spezza, who also played for the Spits.

4)Logan Stanley approx #19 = What you see is what you get, a mean snarly 6'6 (actually closer to 6'7ish) stay at home defensive d-man. He is a defiantly a project type, at least 203 years away from playing in the NHL. Really needs to improve backwards skating, can get caught being flat footed and I have seen opposing forwards blow by him more than a few times....but he can clean that up.

Spits rated in the 1st round of the 2017 draft

1)Gabriel Vilardi =considered an elite power forward prospect. I have seen him ranked anywhere from #2 to #9. Very talented skater, plays a 200 foot game and is great on faceoffs. The mock I"m posting has him going #4 overall to the Yotes.

2) Michael DiPetro=  As it stands right now, Windsor's starting goalie is ranked #22 for 2017 and has the honour of being the top ranked goalie for this draft. The mock I'm about to post has Michael going #22 to the LA Kings, the eventual replacement for Johnathan Quick in due time. This kid is SPECIAL...very sound technique and ultra aggressive.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2017/

Spits also have a TON of young talent that will be breaking in this fall.....just based on these 6 ranked Spits, you can clearly see why Windsor was awarded the Memorial Cup....they will be a very strong team....and Rychel will make this team MUCH deeper as the year moves along. He knows just like the fans.....this Mem Cup is a once in a lifetime chance to rule the CHL.

One of the Red Deer Rebels that really impressed me during the Memorial Cup was big 6'3 and 190 pound Jeff De Wit. He is currently ranked #80 on the Central Scouting list. He just a big mean centerman....but I have watched games where he played the wing also.I think his real calling is being a NHL LW'er. This kid was born to be a Flyer IMHO...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/130525

His stats are not off the charts but he has some very interesting power moves and a innate ability to get under opponents skin. If he is around in the 4th or 5th round, I don't see how you don't draft him. In fact, this would be a wise use of one of the 2 third rounder IMHO. He'sgonnavaeanice career

He is not going to be drafted as an offensive dynamo by any stretch of the imagination....but a very intriguing bottom 6 type that may have some hidden offensive upside. Love the way he stubbornly plants himself in the crease and basically dares opposing d-men to move him. Very agile for such a big man and you can tell he does all kinds of tipping drills. Very dedicated youngster who works hard at improving his game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=172182

Archived