LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Carter Hart bolsters case for Canada’s starting job with shutout in opening pre-tournament game

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/carter-hart-pre-tournament-shutout-starting-job/

hartpackage1.gif

Bailing out his defenseman? He was born to be a Flyer!

hartpackage2.gif

Lol.

I'm not a goalie, but that save in the first .gif above is a thing of beauty. Mental.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undrafted Myers now starring on Canada's top pairing

Philippe Myers was passed over by every team in the 2015 NHL draft. The 6-foot-5, right-shot defenceman was suffering from a crisis of confidence in the QMJHL. But ever since the Flyers signed him as a free agent, the 19-year-old has emerged as a top prospect.

http://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/video/undrafted-myers-now-starring-on-canada-s-top-pairing~1020256

nice video in the TSN link

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Carter Hart bolsters case for Canada’s starting job with shutout in opening pre-tournament game

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/carter-hart-pre-tournament-shutout-starting-job/

hartpackage1.gif

Bailing out his defenseman? He was born to be a Flyer!

hartpackage2.gif

Put a generic uniform on him and ask people to guess the goalie...bet they ALL say Carey Price....'cept Silvertip fans.

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

nice video in the TSN link

Cool, thanks.

Awesome job by Hextall and co. to find this fancy red diamond in the rough. He looks like he's going to be a top 4 defenceman at the very least. Philly is going to have a nice trade chip for a forward with one of these guys.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Put a generic uniform on him and ask people to guess the goalie...bet they ALL say Carey Price....'cept Silvertip fans.

It is hard to believe for 2 reasons...

....he is so young still...

...and he is a Flyer prospect....

...just giddy....i can only imagine how he will look by 22!

And with a blueline that looks like this in front of him?

Ghost/Ivan

Morin/Sanheim

Hagg/Myers

Freidman

Wow! Wow!

:DancingGrape:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is hard to believe for 2 reasons...

....he is so young still...

...and he is a Flyer prospect....

...just giddy....i can only imagine how he will look by 22!

And with a blueline that looks like this in front of him?

Ghost/Ivan

Morin/Sanheim

Hagg/Myers

Freidman

Wow! Wow!

:DancingGrape:

Remember this when he's a Flyer - if he ever is!

Carey Price only really started his 'dominance' four years ago, when he was 25. 

That's 7 years from now for Carter Hart. There was a period of time when the Habs and their fans were considering trading Price because he had a leaky glove, and he wasn't the saviour they all thought he would be.

It will take time. Hart may NEVER get there, but he also has the pedigree to get to that upper echelon. He will need lots of time and patience.

There will almost certainly be a period where he 'sucks' and should be traded because his 'value will never be higher.'

:)

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Remember this when he's a Flyer - if he ever is!

Carey Price only really started his 'dominance' four years ago, when he was 25. 

That's 7 years from now for Carter Hart. There was a period of time when the Habs and their fans were considering trading Price because he had a leaky glove, and he wasn't the saviour they all thought he would be.

It will take time. Hart may NEVER get there, but he also has the pedigree to get to that upper echelon. He will need lots of time and patience.

There will almost certainly be a period where he 'sucks' and should be traded because his 'value will never be higher.'

:)

Hart is going to get the kid glove treatment though.  We're looking another two years of junior followed by two plus seasons in the AHL and then serving as a back up at the NHL level. Price was practically thrown to the wolves by Montreal. I feel real comfortable about him and Felix Sandstorm with regards to their development path.  

Looks like Laczynski makes the US WJC roster, for a total of 8 with Bernhardt still on the bubble:

USA:

Laczynski (F)

Canada:

Hart (G)

Myers (D)

Slovakia:

Tomek (G)

Sweden:

Sandstrom (G)

Russia:

Rubtsov (F)

Vorobyov (F)

Czech:

Kase (F)

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Flyers are going to have some good problems to deal with on the blueline in a few years?? 

myersendtoend.gif

How to evenly split up the ice time amongst all this talent......

I honestly wonder if we might see one of them moved for an equally promising forward. I think it'll generally depend on how quickly the TKs and Provos progress.

Part of me really doubts it though. I think it's much more difficult to find high caliber dmen than forwards. The more likely scenario is that we're about to watch Hex draft a boatload of forwards over the next couple drafts.

Myers, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Gudas... someone almost HAS to get traded. They also have Friedman, but he's not under contract and could become a UFA in August if they don't sign him. Add in Bernhardt, Manning... it's a good place to be. Though it's a good bet one or two of the kids fails to make the jump, they're set up in such a way that they can absorb it.

And while they lack a bonafide blue chip forward prospect, they already have a bunch of guys like Lindblom who look like they could fill meaningful middle six roles. 

11 hours ago, elmatus said:

I honestly wonder if we might see one of them moved for an equally promising forward. I think it'll generally depend on how quickly the TKs and Provos progress.

Part of me really doubts it though. I think it's much more difficult to find high caliber dmen than forwards. The more likely scenario is that we're about to watch Hex draft a boatload of forwards over the next couple drafts.

After our game last night we were talking Flyers (most guys are Leaf fans)

. Myers name came up from the WJ exhibition games, and guys were actually saying along with Ghost and Provorov, that that D is going to be good. Of course I brought up Sanheim/Morin/Hagg/Friedman. 

So then the talk of trade comes up..Leafs need Dmen, Philly could use a forward...what about a Kadri for Sanheim deal? I said "Kadri?...you want Sanheim, think Mitch Marner". They all thought I was nuts. There's no way you're getting Marner for Sanheim. I told them to find their own defencemen then..if you want one, you're not getting an even skilled winger, you're overpaying. Dmen are worth gold.

8 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Myers, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Gudas... someone almost HAS to get traded. They also have Friedman, but he's not under contract and could become a UFA in August if they don't sign him. Add in Bernhardt, Manning... it's a good place to be. Though it's a good bet one or two of the kids fails to make the jump, they're set up in such a way that they can absorb it.

And while they lack a bonafide blue chip forward prospect, they already have a bunch of guys like Lindblom who look like they could fill meaningful middle six roles. 

Don't forget Rubtsov and Laberge, and Leier. And Aube-Kubel.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Don't forget Rubtsov and Laberge, and Leier. And Aube-Kubel.

To be fair, I'm not sure any of those will figure in the top six at the NHL level. Rubtsov might be the exception. The others I expect will be limited to the bottom six (which is certainly fine!)

Aside from Rubtsov and possibly still Laughton, our prospect pool still seem fairly weak on real top level forwards. Hopefully this can be addressed over the next couple of drafts.

If it wasn't for the fact our current core is generally above average (G, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn), we'd be having a hell of a time trying to win games. Of course, we only drafted one of those guys...

I haven't forgotten TK either. He's going to be a stud. He's also going to be everyone's favourite Flyer in 2-3 years. Bank it.

9 minutes ago, elmatus said:

To be fair, I'm not sure any of those will figure in the top six at the NHL level. Rubtsov might be the exception. The others I expect will be limited to the bottom six (which is certainly fine!)

Aside from Rubtsov and possibly still Laughton, our prospect pool still seem fairly weak on real top level forwards. Hopefully this can be addressed over the next couple of drafts.

If it wasn't for the fact our current core is generally above average (G, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn), we'd be having a hell of a time trying to win games. Of course, we only drafted one of those guys...

I haven't forgotten TK either. He's going to be a stud. He's also going to be everyone's favourite Flyer in 2-3 years. Bank it.

Better to need forward prospects than goalies and defencemen.

Drafting a #1 centre may prove difficult, but wingers shouldn't be that hard, especially when it's your main target. And super especially when Hextall appears to like the idea of having plenty of draft picks.

27 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Fur me Allison is the real sleeper here. I think he's gonna be great.

I think we have a cross of Scotty Hartnell and Johnny Leclair with him (minus the falling down of course).

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Flyers are going to have some good problems to deal with on the blueline in a few years?? 

myersendtoend.gif

How to evenly split up the ice time amongst all this talent......

Easy: by trading them for help up front (which will most likely need to happen if most of those Defense prospects develop how we hope they do)

Archived