LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers sign first round pick German Rubtsov to an entry-level contract

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-sign-first-round-pick-german-rubtsov-to-an-entry-level-contract/

This is the best part of the article ....

"Since he was drafted from the KHL, he is eligible to join the AHL whenever the Flyers see fit. I could see him joining them later this spring either for their playoff run or even before that..."

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

This is the best part of the article ....

"Since he was drafted from the KHL, he is eligible to join the AHL whenever the Flyers see fit. I could see him joining them later this spring either for their playoff run or even before that..."

That would be good for him. Four different leagues in three different countries on two continents over a span of 8 months. Quite a year for the young lad!

Vorobyov's team eliminated in the KHL playoffs, and his contract is up. Might see another Russian signed and brought over in the coming weeks.

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Vorobyov's team eliminated in the KHL playoffs, and his contract is up. Might see another Russian signed and brought over in the coming weeks.

Question on this:  if he signs with Phantoms, can he play this season?  I thought roster deadline for rest of season/playoffs was yesterday.  That's the reason Weal was sent down on a paper transaction.

Or are players in his situation/JR players whose season is over exceptions to that rule?

If Rubtsov is on the Phantoms to start next season...it better be as a 2nd line centre. It won't do his development (as a centre) any good to continue down the wing path. He needs to work on faceoffs....and we need an up and coming C.

2 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Question on this:  if he signs with Phantoms, can he play this season?  I thought roster deadline for rest of season/playoffs was yesterday.  That's the reason Weal was sent down on a paper transaction.

Or are players in his situation/JR players whose season is over exceptions to that rule?

The roster deadline yesterday was for players on NHL rosters to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

The date here is old, but the rules haven't changed to my knowledge:

The AHL’s playoff roster deadline will be Monday, Apr. 22, at 3 p.m. ET, by which time all 16 playoff teams must submit to the league a list of playoff-eligible players. Only those players on a team’s playoff eligibility list, plus signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, are eligible to compete in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Players from lower professional leagues can also be added if they played in at least eight games in the AHL and/or a lower league in 2012-13.

Just now, AJgoal said:

The roster deadline yesterday was for players on NHL rosters to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

The date here is old, but the rules haven't changed to my knowledge:

The AHL’s playoff roster deadline will be Monday, Apr. 22, at 3 p.m. ET, by which time all 16 playoff teams must submit to the league a list of playoff-eligible players. Only those players on a team’s playoff eligibility list, plus signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, are eligible to compete in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Players from lower professional leagues can also be added if they played in at least eight games in the AHL and/or a lower league in 2012-13.

Thanks!!

I couldn't remember if it was just an NHL players deadline, or ALL players.  

58 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

This is interesting as he has a good WJC as the 1C on team Russia.  I was impressed with his play.  Don't recall his stats but recall a lot more A's than G's.  Frankly he wasn't on my radar at all until my interest peaked watching him at the WJC. 

1 minute ago, off_the_post said:

This is interesting as he has a good WJC as the 1C on team Russia.  I was impressed with his play.  Don't recall his stats but recall a lot more A's than G's.  Frankly he wasn't on my radar at all until my interest peaked watching him at the WJC. 

Think he had 9 assists...no goals if I recall.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If Rubtsov is on the Phantoms to start next season...it better be as a 2nd line centre. It won't do his development (as a centre) any good to continue down the wing path. He needs to work on faceoffs....and we need an up and coming C.

I wouldn't worry let him come and play on the 3rd line even and give him a chance to work hisself up. Best part is his contract next year won't count it will slide just like Hagg's did.

He'll be fine playing against older kids.

On 3/2/2017 at 1:57 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers sign first round pick German Rubtsov to an entry-level contract

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-sign-first-round-pick-german-rubtsov-to-an-entry-level-contract/

Love it!!!! Add in a possible top 10 pick in this year's draft plus the two thirds and three fourths that Hextall has and this pipeline is getting disgustingly rich with talent. There's goalies, there's defensemen, there's wingers and now there's centers. I'm hopeful that Hextall ends up with someone like Elias Pettersson or Cody Glass in the first and then someone like Robert Thomas in the second. Size can be added in the third with Adam Ruzicka from Sarnia and Macauley Carson from Sudbury. If those are the Flyers first four picks, I'm beyond ecstatic.

Phantoms win 3-1 Lyon with the win stops 32 of 33 shots.

Goals by Connor, Mcdonald and Laughton.

Wow Tyrell Goulbourne back in the lineup. Phantoms banged up a little Leier still out with a concussion.

Phantoms 36-17-3 4 points behind WBS with a game in hand.

On 04/03/2017 at 3:41 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Love it!!!! Add in a possible top 10 pick in this year's draft plus the two thirds and three fourths that Hextall has and this pipeline is getting disgustingly rich with talent. There's goalies, there's defensemen, there's wingers and now there's centers. I'm hopeful that Hextall ends up with someone like Elias Pettersson or Cody Glass in the first and then someone like Robert Thomas in the second. Size can be added in the third with Adam Ruzicka from Sarnia and Macauley Carson from Sudbury. If those are the Flyers first four picks, I'm beyond ecstatic.

I like the Glass option. He may well be available when the Flyers pick. I don't know anything about Thomas. I'd be interested in the big Dane: JONAS RØNDBJERG in the 3rd if he slips a bit. He was ranked 53rd by Button in January I think. 

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I like the Glass option. He may well be available when the Flyers pick. I don't know anything about Thomas. I'd be interested in the big Dane: JONAS RØNDBJERG in the 3rd if he slips a bit. He was ranked 53rd by Button in January I think. 

I really like Cody Glass's skill set and scouts rave about his hockey IQ. His upside is Logan Couture. That's a damn fine hockey player. As for Robert Thomas, he's just a really good hockey player in London. I like to say he's getting the Cliff Pu treatment in that he's being groomed on the third line and that Dale Hunter is making him a defensively sound offensive player. He's a fantastic hockey player that's going to have a real good two-way game. I can't say I know much about Rondbjerg. I'll need to look at that one. Honestly, you might hear people say that this year is a poor draft, but this is a good draft to really fill depth throughout organizations and while Patrick and Hischier are the consensus top two guys, if you get a pick in the top 20, you're getting a real good player. They might be a few years out, but the wait will be worth it. 

I'm really starting to wonder if Lyon has passed Stolarz as our most ready goalie prospect. Stolarz has size going for him...but in a 30 team AHL league that he's been playing in for 3 years now, the 23 year old is 40th in GAA and 31st in save percentage...that doesn't scream "WE NEED TO PROTECT THIS GUY FROM VEGAS" to me.

I was never that impressed with him in London, and I admit I haven't seen him play much since then...but those numbers are terrible. And the Phantoms aren't. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm really starting to wonder if Lyon has passed Stolarz as our most ready goalie prospect. Stolarz has size going for him...but in a 30 team AHL league that he's been playing in for 3 years now, the 23 year old is 40th in GAA and 31st in save percentage...that doesn't scream "WE NEED TO PROTECT THIS GUY FROM VEGAS" to me.

I was never that impressed with him in London, and I admit I haven't seen him play much since then...but those numbers are terrible. And the Phantoms aren't. 

You could be right. Lyon does have the more impressive resume and pedigree.

And he is a year older.

Hextall had a reason for signing the kid.

Also a reason they burned a year of his entry level deal just to get him signed.

He is hedging his bets like you say of Stolie isn't ready or can't handle a backup role in the NHL.

They have to make room on the farm.

He and Lyon need a new deal.

Merrick Madsen is ready for AHL duty after his club is done with playoffs.

Then you have Sandstrom who could come over or due to lack of space in the AHL let him play another year in the SHL.

Not sure what Hexy's is going to do but at least for a change they have a few options.

Archived