Flyers sign Dale Weise...details still coming

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Upgrade over White in my opinion....   like this signing a lot.

TSN’s Bob McKenzie said on television that the (Weise) deal is a four-year deal worth more than $2 million per season.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It seems he maybe an upgrade by this besides faceoffs.....

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%2010.22.

we'll see.......

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/7/1/12078802/dale-weise-flyers-rumors-nhl-free-agency-2016

Well, White generally played wing - Giroux, Couturier, Laughton/Cousins (combined 3rd line), and Bellemare were the primary faceoff men. So losing some of White's FO proficiency isn't a killer.

Just now, AJgoal said:

Well, White generally played wing - Giroux, Couturier, Laughton/Cousins (combined 3rd line), and Bellemare were the primary faceoff men. So losing some of White's FO proficiency isn't a killer.

Maybe i just wouldn't have offered him a 4 year deal to long for an unknown.....

Still young and is better offensively and defensively than White.    Guy is not an unknown.... if I am not mistaken he played w Briere in Montreal.   

More offensive upside and can slide into top six if absolutely needed. 

If we have learned anything Hextall certain ly overpays on contracts to date....   not shocked.   

He is better than White so they upgraded.  Better skater too... Contract is a bit high but not going to cry over 2.3M for a player that will fit in well.

5 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Still young and is better offensively and defensively than White.    Guy is not an unknown.... if I am not mistaken he played w Briere in Montreal.   

You are correct, he was with Briere in MTL. Briere sent out a few tweets saying it was a great signing for the Flyers and that the fans will love Weise. 

Funny some are upset with this deal. If Homer was still GM, Weise would have gotten double the salary, double the term with the Homer mandated full NMC.

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

I'm not seeing any penalty minutes on that chart

24 total for him last year. That isn't bad so expect that to quadruple in the Orange and Black!!!

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wasn't saying he was an unknown but his effect on the team is an unknown....doesn't mean he will fit.

Well if he doesn't fit, they could always try to move him to Montreal... Apparently, they were very interested in bringing him back...

1 minute ago, darthbal said:

Well if he doesn't fit, they could always try to move him to Montreal... Apparently, they were very interested in bringing him back...

Let's hope right....i'm sure if they wanted him they would have kept him...but we can always hope....now i bet White resigns in Montreal.

Hextall is looking to upgrade.    He upgraded on the  offensive , defensive zones and skating over White.    Won't argue it is a bit too much but that appears to be what Hextall does...   

11 minutes ago, Samifan said:

You are correct, he was with Briere in MTL. Briere sent out a few tweets saying it was a great signing for the Flyers and that the fans will love Weise. 

Funny some are upset with this deal. If Homer was still GM, Weise would have gotten double the salary, double the term with the Homer mandated full NMC.

Agree @Samifan... they upgraded a position yet it still is not good.   We don't have the money to throw around and we upgraded a position.   May have been a little too much but I like this signing.   

Then again this time a few yrs ago people thought RJ was a great pickup and would score 20 while playing the Pp and Pk

9 minutes ago, darthbal said:

Trade  him to Edmonton for RNH.  Straight up.

4 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Hextall is looking to upgrade.    He upgraded on the  offensive , defensive zones and skating over White.    Won't argue it is a bit too much but that appears to be what Hextall does...   

At least he doesn't have a NMC or NTC. So that is a plus. There are only 3 total (NMC or NTC) on the Flyers this upcoming year. Giroux, Simmer and Streit.

One thing think we need is a little patience here to see how things shake out.   If they move Read Weiss could be a cheap fill for the 3rd line...   not sure that is the plan but it would be nice.   

Weiss is a better player but there is no doubt you have to wonder what White was asking for....   

Archived