Giroux Condition

phlfly

He played the second exhibition game vs the US and seemed fine (the injury you're referring to was in the first game). It does look like he's scratched for the next one though. That could easily just be a case of him being the odd man out on a stacked roster mind you.

15 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

I wish none of our players were even playing in this dumb tournament 

absolutely agree....   

I was watching the other night and heard the line "Jake V is on mid-season form..."   Looked at the stat sheet and nothing so I guess he is in mid-season form.  Ah, 8M per year....   

On September 12, 2016 at 1:36 PM, elmatus said:

He played the second exhibition game vs the US and seemed fine (the injury you're referring to was in the first game). It does look like he's scratched for the next one though. That could easily just be a case of him being the odd man out on a stacked roster mind you.

It didn't look good on the video, and Hextall days he's fine, but no one' stalking about what was hurt and considering he's coming off hip surgery, and the way he was acting wouldn't make that area an impossibility, I'll count myself as extremely worried. 

Looked like a hard hit.  Probably unnecessary and excessive for a World Cup exhibition game, but nothing absurd or dirty or that one shouldn't expect any night in the NHL. 

I don't know, I don't like it. 

4 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Giroux is scratched this game. Good. Too bad the rest of the Flyers werent 

Yep, hopefully Canada plays well and Babcock keeps the lineup the same for their next game.

#needclaudehealthy

12 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Stars management as well as their fans must be thrilled with what happened to Seguin 

I didn't think he was hurt bad...just taking precaution. turns out he's got a broken bone in his foot thanks to Suter taking his feet out from under him going into the boards. I thought it happened when Byfuglien went after his knee.

Tortsie...what a class act.

On September 18, 2016 at 6:31 AM, flyercanuck said:

I didn't think he was hurt bad...just taking precaution. turns out he's got a broken bone in his foot thanks to Suter taking his feet out from under him going into the boards. I thought it happened when Byfuglien went after his knee.

Tortsie...what a class act.

Where'd you read about the foot?

On September 18, 2016 at 9:55 AM, RJ8812 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Giroux is still feeling the affects of that cheap hit from Pavelski

Maybe a little cheap, and certainly ridiculously uncalled for in the world friggin cup, but G's got to be able to take that.  

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I didn't think it was cheap at all.  Looked like an every day hit to me with unfortunate results.

Yeah intend tonagree.  I wanted to allow for the possibility of a little bit of a blind side because my memory of it is vague. Long story short, it's not mid season and it takes the body time to get into the shape to take that kind of abuse, but he will have to take it. 

It's funny how Stamkos is so overrated by Hockey Canada. He should never have been an original lock on this team. He can't finish and is terrible defensively. Giroux has seen him up a handful of times this game, and he's flubbed it every time 

He really is one of the better examples for those "all the tools no toolbox" player 

Archived