Game #2 - Flyers (3) at Coyotes (4) - Oct 15, 2016 @ 9:00 ET

brelic

So when Gudas is able to suit up from what i've seen Mcdud is the guy out and Manning stays in. Hard to scratch the teams leading scorer...yeah Brandon Manning.

But TK is tied with him for points after 2 games.

:playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon:

Only saw brief periods of it, and Provorov stood out in a bad way. Getting out hustled and out muscled to loose pucks. He looked afraid to get there first in the corners. 

This is the NHL kid. You gotta be willing to pay the price if you want to stand out. 

I know he'll adapt. Just something I noticed in the brief bits I saw. 

49 minutes ago, brelic said:

Only saw brief periods of it, and Provorov stood out in a bad way. Getting out hustled and out muscled to loose pucks. He looked afraid to get there first in the corners. 

This is the NHL kid. You gotta be willing to pay the price if you want to stand out. 

I know he'll adapt. Just something I noticed in the brief bits I saw. 

It's too bad Provorov is being relied on to be our best overall defenceman at 19. There's not exactly a whole lot of great on that blueline when it comes to our own end.

I don't have nearly as much of a problem with Mason on the shorthanded goal as Gostisbehere and Giroux playing pattycake with the puck in traffic at their own blueline and giving the puck away.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah why was he so deep in his net??? He claimed to be working with Dilly on his play that sure doesn't look like it.

He might as well crawled into it he was so far in. And how is that not interference by Dvorak bumping him in the crease??? 

Agreed.  He overplayed on most of the goals against as well. 

But it the interference non-calls were a big big problem.   Supposedly Hak will be more vocal  this year. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's too bad Provorov is being relied on to be our best overall defenceman at 19. There's not exactly a whole lot of great on that blueline when it comes to our own end.

Exactly. It will be much better when Gudas and MDZ are back in the lineup. 

10 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Saying anything about the ref gets you no here in this league. The NHL doesnt even hold them responsible for blowing calls because they are all "Yes men" 

whining a lot seems to work for the likes of Torts, Trotz and Budreau

I'm interested in all your thoughts on the Simmonds penalty for the "high" hit?!

I thought that was a garbage call. Only saw one replay of it as I was watching the Yotes broadcast on center ice but COME ON....how was that a penalty!!

Not a great start to the season for the NHL and their flock of penguins (aka refs)!!!

I thought it was a bad call, but his elbow did come up through the hit all the way to head level. It's definitely not the most egregious penalty call I've ever seen.

Also, Jake got 22 minutes of penalties including a game misconduct at the end of the game. 2 more game misconducts for him equal a one game suspension.

The officiating may have been awful but not nearly as awful as the Flyers trying more and more elaborate passes and dekes to create magic in impossible situations instead of just firing the puck on net.

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Jake got 22 minutes of penalties including a game misconduct at the end of the game. 2 more game misconducts for him equal a one game suspension.

That NON Call for having his stick pulled out of his hands followed by the call on Giroux for tripping screams TIM DONAGHY IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! Steve Kozari and TJ Luxmore Should be fined for the travesty of a game that they called. They went above and beyond to make sure that the Yotes got the extra point. Someone should ask Kerry Fraser what he thinks of the job they did that night. Is that a review-able offense if the Flyers challenge the NHL head office to get the "punishment" reduced?

1 minute ago, flyerrod said:

That NON Call for having his stick pulled out of his hands followed by the call on Giroux for tripping screams TIM DONAGHY IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! Steve Kozari and TJ Luxmore Should be fined for the travesty of a game that they called. They went above and beyond to make sure that the Yotes got the extra point. Someone should ask Kerry Fraser what he thinks of the job they did that night. Is that a review-able offense if the Flyers challenge the NHL head office to get the "punishment" reduced?

No. Regardless of the reasons why, he's stuck with that misconduct.

The officiating late was terribad, agreed.

Stats 2 games in are always fun to look at:

• Of three players that have a negative plus/minus, two of them are Giroux and Jake ($16.5m annual salary).
  • Brandon Manning is tied for the team lead in points with Travis Konecny at 3 points.
  • Couturier has a 66% shooting average.  
  • Ghost, Streit and Provorov lead the team in ice time.
  • Voracek leads the team in PIMS = 22

12 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Stats 2 games in are always fun to look at:

• Of three players that have a negative plus/minus, two of them are Giroux and Jake ($16.5m annual salary).
  • Brandon Manning is tied for the team lead in points with Travis Konecny at 3 points.
  • Couturier has a 66% shooting average.  
  • Ghost, Streit and Provorov lead the team in ice time.
  • Voracek leads the team in PIMS = 22

You forgot the most important stat...

...Neuvy leads the team in wins!!:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You forgot the most important stat...

...Neuvy leads the team in wins!!:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

He's the better player, he just can't be used too much or he falls apart. He's like an M16, you have to keep him clean and lubed up or he just jams up when you need him the most.

• brelic changed the title to Game #2 - Flyers (3) at Coyotes (4) - Oct 15, 2016 @ 9:00 ET

Archived