11 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Sign me UP...

2. 2. 2. Preferred Draft Day and Time

• Sunday April 9th 8:00 PM
    • Monday April 10th 8:00 PM
    • I am flexible and can draft either day
    • I would like to play but cannot draft at the days or times above

This poll is closed to new votes

Please join us again to our 2017 Fantasy Cup Playoffs here on HockeyForums.

We are planning to form leagues of about 12 members each to compete for a chance to become HF.net's 2016 Playoff Fantasy Champion.  Last years winner was Nicholas.   Visit our new Fantasy Cup Playoff page here which is located under the Fantasy tab in the site menu.

A 30 min live draft will occur in the game chat room at a designated time for each group of 12 members.

(likely Sunday April 9th 8:00pm and Monday April 10th at 8:00pm, and possibly Tues April 11th at 8:00pm.) 

During the draft you will select 3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen and 1 Goalie for each member's team in a serpentine fashion. The only players eligible for the draft will be the 16 NHL teams that compete for the Stanley Cup. As your chosen players are eliminated from the NHL playoffs so will they be from your team until the Stanley Cup has been won and the member with the most points over all wins . Additional draft times will be added when more than 26 members sign up. The live Draft takes place in the Game Chat and should take no more than one hour.

Points are scored by your team of 6 are as follows:
1 point per goal
1 point per assist
1 extra point for hattrick

1 extra point for the OT goal scorer
2 points for a goalie win
1 point extra for a shutout

and goalies can not score offensive points such as goals / assists

Each league of 10 -12 members scores will be updated on the Playoff Cup Fantasy page in the menu under 
Fantasy

There will be no list of players to choose from, you will need to come to the draft with your own plan of players to draft to provide your team the most points throughout the playoffs.

Any questions or discussion please post below. 

I had fun with this last year, and I'd like to do it again. That said, I'll have church that Sunday night, and I'll have a softball game to cover that Monday night, so I'll most likely need someone to draft for me, if someone is willing and able.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:20 PM, ScottM said:

I had fun with this last year, and I'd like to do it again. That said, I'll have church that Sunday night, and I'll have a softball game to cover that Monday night, so I'll most likely need someone to draft for me, if someone is willing and able.

I am quite impressed with your second favorite team.  I think Calgary are a very dangerous team.  If you cant get someone else, I could make the picks but you would have to send them to me by email.  I would write down your preferences.  Mine are done.  You likely will get most of the guys on your two teams?  I am guessing Chicago and Wash and the Pens will be the top pick getters.  I am going with a couple other teams.  I have to find out the dates of the draft.

11 hours ago, radoran said:

I'll be at the Flyers game on Sunday night.

Because, well, I've already bought the damn ticket, haven't I?

So you'll have to wait till April 110th.  When did April get so long?

I can draft either day.

Count me in. I'd prefer to draft Monday April 10th at 8. Doing this might help me forget that I benched Erik Karlsson in the All-Star Fantasy Leauge thinking he was still going to still be out of the lineup for a while longer.:bonkingheadonwall:

Since we only have 11 members signed up. I thought we would only have one group this year and we could draft by in a new topic or by PM starting later today since the teams are set for the NHL playoffs.  I can tag each participant in the new thread and thus everyone should get a notification of picks which will get listed in the spreadsheet (as best as I can during work hours) and evenings until we finish by Wednesday evening before any NHL games are played.

I will have a random draft order set and we will draft in a serpentine fashion from that list until we have 6 picks for everyone (1G, 3F, 2D).  I'll get the google spreadsheet up by noon today and post it with the draft order under "Fantasy" and then we can begin.  Basically, there aren't any specific time limits per pick but we all should try to keep this moving as best as possible finishing before Wed evening.

Any questions?

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

Since we only have 11 members signed up. I thought we would only have one group this year and we could draft by in a new topic or by PM starting later today since the teams are set for the NHL playoffs.  I can tag each participant in the new thread and thus everyone should get a notification of picks which will get listed in the spreadsheet (as best as I can during work hours) and evenings until we finish by Wednesday evening before any NHL games are played.

I will have a random draft order set and we will draft in a serpentine fashion from that list until we have 6 picks for everyone (1G, 3F, 2D).  I'll get the google spreadsheet up by noon today and post it with the draft order under "Fantasy" and then we can begin.  Basically, there aren't any specific time limits per pick but we all should try to keep this moving as best as possible finishing before Wed evening.

Any questions?

Ill do PM. I get phone notifications that way.

Risky way of doing it unless all agree tho.

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

Any questions?

All set. I pick Lang.

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

Any questions?

I think you may have two different games.  One is a fantasy team drafted by us and the other is a pool where we pick the winners of the series and the Cup?  Is that right?

17 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think you may have two different games.  One is a fantasy team drafted by us and the other is a pool where we pick the winners of the series and the Cup?  Is that right?

I think what he is saying is, since we only have 11 people signed up, we are consolidating into a single playoffs. However since we have different days and availability we will be doing our picks via this thread instead of chat?

47 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I think what he is saying is, since we only have 11 people signed up, we are consolidating into a single playoffs. However since we have different days and availability we will be doing our picks via this thread instead of chat?

It links to NHL.com.  So that is how its set up so far.  And that is a pick the series and Cup winner link that was up.  Not one to pick players for a fantasy team.  Will have to wait for the mods to straighten this out

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

It links to NHL.com.  So that is how its set up so far.  And that is a pick the series and Cup winner link that was up.  Not one to pick players for a fantasy team.  Will have to wait for the mods to straighten this out

Hey HJ.

This thread is for the HF.net Playoff Challenge Cup where we pick our individual teams of 1G, 2D and 3F.    We are going to do a draft within a new topic starting likely this evening.  I was just hoping to notify members on the plan of action prior to starting.

The NHL Bracket Challenge is on the NHL.com website.   I created a different thread in the Playoffs forum for it.  FOLLOW THE LINKS.

Just now, EDI-Flyer said:

The spreadsheet works for me... Sorry for the late reply but just got back from Japan and trying to catch up on things.

no worries, just got back from a vacation also

• hf101 locked and unlocked this topic
14 hours ago, pilldoc said:

@hf101

As long as everyone stays involved, this should not be an issue.  Everyone MUST be checking on the thread a couple times a day.......

I can only check the thread in the evening.  Unlike most of you slackers, I have a job!  :haha:  I can't get on this site while I'm at work.

Just now, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I can only check the thread in the evening.  Unlike most of you slackers, I have a job!  :haha:  I can't get on this site while I'm at work.

I'm going to struggle at this too, but it is possible to get through a couple of rounds in a day.  

Archived