Nashville and Philly trading partners

Jam1986

10 minutes ago, Jam1986 said:

Just saw Nashville looking for a top 6 FWD how about  Jake or G? What do we need? Do the have what we want? 

How many first round picks do they have?  How much is their fourth line winger paid? 

Seriously, I not trading Giroux or Voracek to Nashville.  The trading strength they have is defense. I think we're good there.

I wouldn't mind getting Saros, but not for Giroux or Voracek.  Neither are untouchable for me, but I need more coming back than that.  

17 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Seriously, I not trading Giroux or Voracek to Nashville.  The trading strength they have is defense. I think we're good there.

I wouldn't mind getting Saros, but not for Giroux or Voracek.  Neither are untouchable for me, but I need more coming back than that.  

Is there a rumor that they make a deal?

Only the GM's know for sure, but if Nashville really IS looking for a top six forward (to replace James Knee-All no doubt), then I am not sure Philadelphia is a good partner, unless the Flyers really are looking to deal Giroux, Voracek, or Simmonds AND the Predators are willing to part with one of their excellent top 4 D-men who can play in the NHL NOW and for years to come such as Ryan Ellis or Roman Josi or part with a bunch of picks.

I just don't see Nashville wanting to do that, nor Philly entertaining moving Giroux, Voracek or Simmonds to the Preds.

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Only the GM's know for sure, but if Nashville really IS looking for a top six forward (to replace James Knee-All no doubt), then I am not sure Philadelphia is a good partner, unless the Flyers really are looking to deal Giroux, Voracek, or Simmonds AND the Predators are willing to part with one of their excellent top 4 D-men who can play in the NHL NOW and for years to come such as Ryan Ellis or Roman Josi or part with a bunch of picks.

I just don't see Nashville wanting to do that, nor Philly entertaining moving Giroux, Voracek or Simmonds to the Preds.

All of that. 

And add to that that we are really not hurting for defense (if we stick to the "plan"). 

I agree that Philly really isn't a good trading partner given what each team is looking to do. 

4 hours ago, Jam1986 said:

Just saw Nashville looking for a top 6 FWD how about  Jake or G? What do we need? Do the have what we want? 

Hextall needs to focus on improving our offense. Nashville has the same deficiency that we do. Montreal, and especially Edmonton, on the other hand, could be interesting trading partners for the Flyers, because they are loaded at the forward, and they could probably use some younger talent on the back end.

6 hours ago, Jam1986 said:

They have the coach I want. We have his greatest player in the world.  

How good is Patrick again?

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

We'd have to go all in on Tavares to do this IMHO and I'd be good with that to be honest.  But there's no way to guarantee. 

Your point about what Nashville could give us is a good one.   I'd like one of their D men,guiding force and bird in the hand and all that.   But would that be enough? Nah. More late round  Draft picks? nah. 

Rinne? Mason's cranky games looked better than Pekka in those first three finals losses but sure, maybe. 

5 hours ago, King Knut said:

We'd have to go all in on Tavares to do this IMHO and I'd be good with that to be honest.  But there's no way to guarantee. 

Your point about what Nashville could give us is a good one.   I'd like one of their D men,guiding force and bird in the hand and all that.   But would that be enough? Nah. More late round  Draft picks? nah. 

Rinne? Mason's cranky games looked better than Pekka in those first three finals losses but sure, maybe. 

Not with Giroux or Jake, but Hextall really should trade something for Yannick Weber.

Just so he can call or go to Holmgren really late at night and yell, "Paul!  We just got Weber from Nashville!"  If he made sure to do it while Holmgren was sleeping, Holmgren  would probably crap himself twice before he realized it's not THAT Weber.

6 hours ago, King Knut said:

Wow.  You know, I went to look at Nashville's roster on NHLNumbers.com.   Nothing really even jumps out as working (by the way, they really have a lot of unsigned players right now).

LOL  Then because of your Tavares thing, I started wondering if they could pull off a 3-way with Nashvile and the Islanders because they need defense.   First, I'm not that creative.  I had some variations of Giroux going to Nashville, Tavares coming to Philly, and a defenseman from each of Philly and Nashville going to the Island.  No way Snow gives up Tavares without a top line center  and picks coming back.   So, that's out. And then I gave up.

I'm a bit concerned we've already seen the best of Jake, though.  NOT for more picks (unless "plus a pick"), but I'd consider moving Jake if the deal was right.   I want some kind of first line winger coming back.  I'd do it for Forsberg, but Nashville would have to be nuts.   

57 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm a bit concerned we've already seen the best of Jake, though.  NOT for more picks (unless "plus a pick"), but I'd consider moving Jake if the deal was right.   I want some kind of first line winger coming back.  I'd do it for Forsberg, but Nashville would have to be nuts.  

I've been concerned since he signed that last contract. I'm still hoping I'm wrong about that. Also, can you just imagine Forsberg in O&B?? What is he now, 23? Insane.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Wow.  You know, I went to look at Nashville's roster on NHLNumbers.com.   Nothing really even jumps out as working (by the way, they really have a lot of unsigned players right now).

LOL  Then because of your Tavares thing, I started wondering if they could pull off a 3-way with Nashvile and the Islanders because they need defense.   First, I'm not that creative.  I had some variations of Giroux going to Nashville, Tavares coming to Philly, and a defenseman from each of Philly and Nashville going to the Island.  No way Snow gives up Tavares without a top line center  and picks coming back.   So, that's out. And then I gave up.

I cant see anyone trading a first line winger we'd want more than Jake for Jake (a first line winger we don't want). 

If the the team isn't better and scoring MUCH more at even strength this season, then I think we'll see a change behind the bench.  They don't need to be good yet, but with the defense more balanced, thy need to even things out now and score a few goals now and again. 

Jake is the team leader over the past few seasons and the best even strength point getter (though he gives up a ton of goals too) I'm not going to knock the guy who scored the most points on a team of guys who can't score points.  Not too much. 

45 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

Duchene seems to be target #1 because he wants to play in Nashville. He's a big country music nut and he loves the city. While he hasn't directly said "I want to play for the Predators", his quotes and tweets have done a pretty good job of translating that sentiment. If they don't trade for him this year, there's a very good chance that he ends up signing here as a free agent down the road. 

It's really hard to see where a trade gets made. I think Poile messed up with the expansion draft. He should have traded Ekholm for a center then Preds could have gone 7-3-1. Then later trade a pick for a #4 defender, we don't need a superstar in that spot, Subban can definitely carry a pairing. Now he's going to have to pay quite a bit to fill TWO holes, or just not fill them and have a big weakness on the roster. 

And no, Craig Smith isn't the answer as he's regressed each season. Sure he might end up hitting 20 again, but it's a real stretch to consider his overall game to be second line quality. The best scenario in my opinion would be if Kamenev and Aberg show that they're ready for those spots in training camp, then Poile ends up looking smart again and doesn't have to waste assets to correct mistakes. 

I don't see how Philly is a good trading partner though for the reasons others have pointed out already.

Yeah i can't  see Philly being a good trade partner unless it centers around maybe Read or Lehtera involved in the deal.

And those guys are more like bottom 9 guys no one who is going to help you on the top line.

You guys do need some centers and the only one i would part with right now would be Laughton maybe for a 2nd.

I think the Avs are the perfect club to trade with.

Not sure of your cap situation though.

8 hours ago, Bertmega said:

Then there was that whole Weber offer sheet from a few years back. I highly doubt that the Nashville brass is looking to do the Flyers any favors....

Nashville paid fifty two million dollars in signing bonuses for Weber because of that offer sheet. And then got out from under $16M more.

Yeah, I'm not thinking Poile is looking to do anything for the Flyers for quite a while.

Archived