Question of the Day

ruxpin

1 hour ago, darthbal said:

Hmmmm... Not sure where I will stand for the parade, but I will make the trip from Ottawa...

On a side note, you guys are giving me some place to go try from when I go down for the April 5th game vs Carolina... Going to have to make a list of all them. :beer: :cheers:

Tourist steaks.  Pat's and Geno's ... of these I prefer Pat's  

1237 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147

A lot of the snobby locals like Jim's steaks and they're very good

400 South Street , but there are other locations.

I always felt drugged after eating at Delassandro's, now that's only been twice, but we used to shoot at a Rite Aid nearby on occasion, and right about 2:30 everyone would lose focus and the grips would be nodding off. The food was good, but we always felt like hell after eating there.  Also if you're staying near the Wells Fargo Center, I think there's a chickies and pete's that's pretty fun. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

A lot of the snobby locals like Jim's steaks

Hey, I resemble that comment!  

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I always felt drugged after eating at Delassandro's

Hmm, really? My favorite place. The benedryl they put in the marinara always hypes me up. YMMV

17 hours ago, ruxpin said:

So, the Flyers lose ten in a row and nearly everyone -- myself included -- is "fire the coach," "trade all the things," "I knew an average-at-best goalie would only play average-at-best!," "The pretzel guy touched me inappropriately in 1992!" etc. etc. etc.   

So now that they've beaten Calgary and Edmonton in back-to-back games, I think really only one question remains.

Where are you hanging out for the Stanley Cup Parade?   I think I'm starting out at Broad & Locust and then maybe shadowing the parade from there.  After that, I'm not sure.   How about you?

Ok bud that is 3 in a row now the longest WINNING streak of the year!!!

Now you have my blessing to plan the parade!!!!

:horn:

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I think I will just sit and eat at either Pat's or Geno's Steaks and wait for the parade to come to me! :) :toast:

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Tourist steaks.  Pat's and Geno's ... of these I prefer Pat's  

1237 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147

There's a cheesesteak place here in San Antonio and the owners are from Philly.  In the back of the restaurant they have a mural sized picture of the owner standing in front of Gino's eating a cheesesteak.   When you look close at the picture the wrapper on his cheesesteak is from Pats! Freaking hilarious! 

Wow in all of my excitement i had forgot all 3 wins were on the road too!

Good job!

Now they are finding ways to win i hate they have to take 5 days off.

Oh well rest up get some sleep in their own bed they deserve it.

Toronto will be waiting come Tuesday!

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Hey, I resemble that comment!  

Hmm, really? My favorite place. The benedryl they put in the marinara always hypes me up. YMMV

I'm not from Philly but I've worked in the city a fair amount, so I have some local knowledge. When I was working for Rite Aid, the DMs would always be telling us to go to these "other" places 'cause the steaks were better. So we tried a bunch of them, the one guy was a big Tony  Luke's fans and would always try to take us there. 

There was a guy who was pretty good at driving Rx business in  the Germantown area so it wasn't too far to Delassandro's . We only ate there a couple of times  like I said. Those were long days too, so it might not have been the food. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm not from Philly but I've worked in the city a fair amount, so I have some local knowledge. When I was working for Rite Aid, the DMs would always be telling us to go to these "other" places 'cause the steaks were better. So we tried a bunch of them, the one guy was a big Tony  Luke's fans and would always try to take us there. 

There was a guy who was pretty good at driving Rx business in  the Germantown area so it wasn't too far to Delassandro's . We only ate there a couple of times  like I said. Those were long days too, so it might not have been the food. 

Could certainly have been the food, too. Does different things to different people. 

But any day in Germantown is a long day, so... 

I worked at Rite Aid corporate in Camp Hill over twenty years ago. Very very briefly because we moved. No idea now, but then it was a pretty good place to work. 

22 hours ago, pilldoc said:

LOL .... having lived there during my college years .... I actually remember being told that! :)

Doc, I wonder if we know a few of the same folks.  I work with a few Pharm D's that were professors there...

5 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Doc, I wonder if we know a few of the same folks.  I work with a few Pharm D's that were professors there...

Could be ... shoot me a PM with a few names and I'll see if I recognize any of them.  I attended PCPS from 87-93.

I don' t know about a parade by I am darn certain that Dale Weise is about to break out and become a solid 20-25 goal scorer.   Chances are Elliot has just not found his niche and now he has in Philly - Tim Thomas Part Deux.   All of this as McDonald came back and foind his game - Norris Trophy Finalist for sure.

Things are looking up these days...

2 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I don' t know about a parade by I am darn certain that Dale Weise is about to break out and become a solid 20-25 goal scorer.   Chances are Elliot has just not found his niche and now he has in Philly - Tim Thomas Part Deux.   All of this as McDonald came back and foind his game - Norris Trophy Finalist for sure.

The_Twilight_Zone.jpg

22 hours ago, darthbal said:

On a side note, you guys are giving me some place to go try from when I go down for the April 5th game vs Carolina... Going to have to make a list of all them

@brelic and I are also looking at going down for that game.

:cheers:

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

Image result for andreas nodl

2 minutes ago, aziz said:

wait, what?

Image result for rite aid bullet holes

haha. 

True story, we were shooting in a store in Philly (half day) about an hour after we left the store had an armed robbery incident. This was over 15 years ago though....good times

1 hour ago, darthbal said:

Sweet...

Maybe if it all works out, we could meet somewhere...

Isn't that how someone ends up in a meat cooler?

Kidding!

Yes it would be fun to meet some people who post here!

Are you in Ottawa? I lived there for several years. Still miss it sometimes. 

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Isn't that how someone ends up in a meat cooler?

Kidding!

Yes it would be fun to meet some people who post here!

Are you in Ottawa? I lived there for several years. Still miss it sometimes. 

Just don't dress up in a cop costume while you're there. 

NTTAWWT

16 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They're playing very good, intelligent and inspired hockey these days. Before I dare say they're a "playoff team" again, I want to see how they play against the LA Kings.

They would have beaten no one other than the sabres tonight and barely did that. 

Tonight was not good hockey. In fact, it was crap. I know good teams find a way to win even when they're not playing well. Playing a crap team doesn't hurt, either. 

Archived