Game 44: Flyers at Rangers, 1/16/18 @ 7

Howie58

Fire the Coach, all the players suck, the captain is a fag,  we can't wait to trade Jake !

Get a goddamned grip. really.

The  Rangers have been getting blistered the last couple of games and were challenged by their goalie of all people to pull their heads out of their asses, and they did.... bad luck for the Flyers they got the Rangers on the night they have been the most focused they've been in the last month. 

The Flyers didn't play well,  and may be a bad matchup with the Rangers, losing 7 of the last 8.  Lundquist wishes he could play the Flyers every other day, he owns them.

I hate the Rangers, a lot. I hate the goal song, I hate their douchey captain, I hate Rick Nash, I hate...

well, their sweaters are pretty sweet, but I hate them. Right now though they have the Flyers number.  Let's see how the Flyers play next game, I'm pretty sure they'll be a lot more focused.

I dont think the Flyers are a  legit playoff team , so i would rather lose and get another lottery pick, rather than go out in round 1. Lets suffer now and build the team quicker. Hopefully our next lottery pick will be better than Patrick. If we can make a good pick and also get a big return for Simmonds, the rebuild can be expedited.  

You can not turn the puck over like this and expect to win. Elliott is gassed because he CAN NOT EVEN (slow as hell) move out there.

giphy.gif

Back of the net.

giphy.gif

Not sure WTF Manning is doing here???

giphy.gif

Really Jake???

giphy.gif

Back of the net. Elliott doing his Bryzgalov impressination.

giphy.gif

And this is all the emotion Hak can muster??? Team is a reflection of the coach. ZERO EMOTION!!!

giphy.gif

How ever it was nice to see Neuvy quick and moving well. If i was Hak i would ride him till he breaks.....again. Elliott is spent.

Am i the only one here who thinks Hak should have started Neuvy to start the 2nd already down 4-1?

It possible it could of got a spark out the club?

It sure couldn't have hurt.

No matter what they need to start Neuvy vs. Leafs tomorrow night.

Elliott is a streaky guy and he looks like he is about to start his bad streak if he let's him.

Don't let him.

Rest him up for either one of the back to back games this weekend.

Devils saturday or Caps sunday.

Ugly game against a divisional rival.  Can't have too many of those if they expect to make the POs.  Lots of mistakes and a goalie incapable of covering them up.  

Hope this isn't the start of another trend with a pretty tough schedule to close out the month.  Let's see how they respond vs. TO and then against the Devils who finally won last night.

Just now, vis said:

Ugly game against a divisional rival.  Can't have too many of those if they expect to make the POs.  Lots of mistakes and a goalie incapable of covering them up.  

Let's see how they respond vs. TO.  Hope this isn't the start of another trend with a pretty tough schedule to close out the month.

Exactly. It was a clunker. Giving up 3-4 breakaways and shorthanded goals is no recipe for success.

Just now, brelic said:

Giving up 3-4 breakaways and shorthanded goals is no recipe for success.

Yep.  Not a normal thing for them.  Although the overall effort was lacking as well, those are the plays that really cost them.  

Tighten it up and prep for the Leafs who haven't been playing all that well.  Though, might be another situation where the opposition decides to ratchet things up.

This poor performance against the Rags over the last few years is interesting. I wonder if the wonks who study such things can tell us about that. Nash came to life against us. Lundquist is sub-2.0 against us over 8 or 9 games. 

I hope Elliott is not at some break point.  Neuvy as starter beyond a few games is scary. Bring on the Leafs.

Every team gives up a "clinker" once in a while and the Flyers have had a decent run going as of late.   To me this was the perfect storm against a team who desperately needed a win.   The Flyers started out fine but that was about it... the game completely got away from them.   I thought Patrick actually looked really good last night so I take that a a positive.   

It was a brutal game to watch for sure and I still think Hak is out-coached nearly every game the Flyers play.   They are a bubble team at best right now so jumping off bridges with each loss is silly.   Just the same as when they win... they are an average team that can beat a really good team or get smoked by the rangers.  That is the current state of the Flyers...   same as how many years now? 

5 hours ago, murraycraven said:

It was a brutal game to watch for sure and I still think Hak is out-coached nearly every game the Flyers play.   They are a bubble team at best right now so jumping off bridges with each loss is silly.   Just the same as when they win... they are an average team that can beat a really good team or get smoked by the rangers.  That is the current state of the Flyers...   same as how many years now? 

Murray, there is lots of truth to this.  But I am more optimistic than prior years.  The youth may actually pan out.  Hakstol and Hextall are i the third year of a five year experiment .If we are continuing .500 or thereabouts team in a year or two...the experiment is a failure.  Hakstol is a strangely detached guy as we look in.  I would love to see more emotion and an occasional balling out during a time out. I was surprised we didn't see Neuvy immediately in the third, if only to stir the pot.

14 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Murray, there is lots of truth to this.  But I am more optimistic than prior years.  The youth may actually pan out.  Hakstol and Hextall are i the third year of a five year experiment .If we are continuing .500 or thereabouts team in a year or two...the experiment is a failure.  Hakstol is a strangely detached guy as we look in.  I would love to see more emotion and an occasional balling out during a time out. I was surprised we didn't see Neuvy immediately in the third, if only to stir the pot.

completely agree Howie and I am optimistic about the future.   right now as a fan it really stinks watching this group night in and night out.   prospects need to "hit"for the most part but I think there is a lot of upside.   As for Hakstol - to me this was always a risky hire.   No NHL experience and a risky signing which, like the prospects, may pan out.   For one I think he is a terrible in game Coach and his lineup choices are questionable.   I am not sold on Hak leading this team but I think the Flyers need to see where he is at when he actually has a good lineup of players.   

Archived