2017-18 NHL Trade deadline

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If someone would please wake Kenny Holland up and tell him that the trading has begun I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

He is laying in the weeds.........

No really....he is in a field somewhere.....laying in the weeds...... :ph34r:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He is laying in the weeds.........

No really....he is in a field somewhere.....laying in the weeds...... :ph34r:

Pining for the fjords, as it were.

In what can only be described as an organizational depth move by the Predators, they acquire F- Brandon Bollig and G- Troy Grosenick from the Sharks, sending a 6th round pick SJ's way.

From TSN Canada:

https://www.tsn.ca/predators-acquire-bollig-grosenick-from-sharks-1.1010765

Bollig is nothing more than a pair of fists on skates...hardly any kind of addition that will help the Preds attain a Cup, while Grosenick is a 28 yr old career minor league goalie.

I'd say the Sharks won this with the 6th rounder!  :)

1 hour ago, musky said:

Islanders need to grap any goalie if they dont snow must go,also getting rid of ladd would be a great thing he is useless.

Tellin ya... 

Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and yes, even Toronto, have goalies stashed away...... teams should start askin bout them...

On 2/24/2018 at 5:24 PM, yave1964 said:

I like Risto, last year he was arguably one of the top defenseman in the game for the first half before fading really badly in the second half. This year he was god awful for the first half, easily the worst number one defenseman in the game even through 40ish game sbut has caught fire and started scoring and seems to have gotten it together. I wouldn't trade him either he is young and talented but hey,this is the Sabres we are talkin about the same team that brought you Ville Leino and Brian Gionta on long term overinflated deals and gave up a first for Lehner so anything is possible.

The Boston Bruins for reasons unknown have picked up Gionta.  I thought Gionta was going to play maybe one more year for the Rochester Americans in the AHL?  His hometown is here in Rochester and i am shocked Boston even wanted him?  Maybe for Providence?  Or maybe they believe that he might have something to offer with his veteran presence in the playoffs?  They have underachieving Rick Nash who once time I would have given my right arm for to see him in a Sabres uniform.  No more. I have not seen the players the Rangers sent to the Rangers?  Or to Buffalo as Gionta was on Rochester's squad?  So I think the Sabres still had his rights?

PS,  no Eichel and no McCabe and we beat the dickens out of Boston again.  Go figure that one out.

Cork out of the bottle to start the day.....

Ian Cole traded from Ottawa just days after coming from the Pens in the Brassard deal to the Jackets for a 3rd and non prospect Moutrey. Ottawa continues to add picks in a rebuild mode less than a year after being within one overtime goal of making the SCF.

As for Columbus, Cole is a serviceable 4th D or a solid bottom pair guy and it means with almost certainty that Jack Johnson will be moved out for a center as has been rumored for weeks....

From a Flyers perspective, Hextall was probably kicking tires on Cole.  However, I don't think he was willing to part with much for a player likely to a rental if he came here.  I'm guessing CBJ has plans to resign him and probably were willing to offer more than the Flyers.

1 minute ago, vis said:

From a Flyers perspective, Hextall was probably kicking tires on Cole.  However, I don't think he was willing to part with much for a player likely to a rental if he came here.  I'm guessing CBJ has plans to resign him and probably were willing to offer more than the Flyers.

Errrr, except Columbus DIDN'T have to part with very much to get Ian Cole....

Somebody Moutrey and a 2020 3rd rounder?  For a proven SC type defender who can move the puck and hit?

Good deal for the Jackets (or ANYONE really, if what Columbus gave up was all it was gonna take).....the Jackets essentially replace Jack Johnson with a guy who is remarkably similar stat wise, but with perhaps a pinch more offensive ability.

39 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Errrr, except Columbus DIDN'T have to part with very much to get Ian Cole....

Somebody Moutrey and a 2020 3rd rounder?  For a proven SC type defender who can move the puck and hit?

Eh, young forward (albeit an AHLer) and a 3rd rounder (granted two years from now) for what would have been a rental for the Flyers?  I'd probably pass on that as well and try to use those types of assets for something else.    

Good deal for the Jackets (or ANYONE really, if what Columbus gave up was all it was gonna take).....the Jackets essentially replace Jack Johnson with a guy who is remarkably similar stat wise, but with perhaps a pinch more offensive ability.

Better deal for Columbus since they will likely resign him and get assets for Johnson.

32 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Blues turning to sellers, having fallen out of the playoffs:

Have to say, I'm surprised Chevy gave up a 1st for a rental. I didn't think he had it in him. All in I guess. Which means they're likely not done. Depth LH D-man coming soon I would think

37 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Blues turning to sellers, having fallen out of the playoffs:

Wow.  What a turn of events in STL.  If they keep falling and get a top 10 pick in the draft, they may elect to keep it this year.  What a shocker.  

3 minutes ago, vis said:

Wow.  What a turn of events in STL.  If they keep falling and get a top 10 pick in the draft, they may elect to keep it this year.  What a shocker.  

I really really really hope they end up picking 11th.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I really really really hope they end up picking 11th.

Lol.  Said the same thing to my buddy.  That's kind of a long way to fall for them, but anything is possible.  Seems maybe they are resigned to missing the POs, though.

Archived