Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knights vs. Washington Capitals

pilldoc

Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knghts vs. Washington Capitals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins their first ever Stanley Cup?

• Knights Sweep 4-0
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'll take that one step further.... how many Vegas players are playing with "chips" on their shoulders? After all, every single player on Vegas was exposed by their former teams for a myriad of reasons. 

There are a heck of a lot of Vegas players having career years.  I'd say a lot of them.   I don't think they make it as far as they have, though, without Fleury playing like he wants to sky-write "SCREW YOU" over the skyline in Pittsburgh.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

There are a heck of a lot of Vegas players having career years.  I'd say a lot of them.   I don't think they make it as far as they have, though, without Fleury playing like he wants to sky-write "SCREW YOU" over the skyline in Pittsburgh.

These players aren't scrubs either. Neal is a former All-Star, as is Fleury. Marchessault has had a 4 goal game in his career if memory serves....they are making most of the 31 GMs in the league look bad. Pass the popcorn. Karlsson had 43 goals this season.  It's like watching "Hoosiers" or maybe even "The Replacemts" but on skates. 

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

These players aren't scrubs either. Neal is a former All-Star, as is Fleury. Marchessault has had a 4 goal game in his career if memory serves....they are making most of the 31 GMs in the league look bad. Pass the popcorn. Karlsson had 43 goals this season.  It's like watching "Hoosiers" or maybe even "The Replacemts" but on skates. 

It's funny.  Neal is one of my least favorite players.

But yeah, for the most part not scrubs.  But still all had career years.   To be honest, I was stunned Florida let Marchessault go.  I considered him to be one of their best players.   I have no idea why they did that.   When I saw him picked by Vegas I was 1) how was he exposed?  and 2) what a brilliant pick that will do really well.

Karlsson kind of did what Patrick Sharp did after the Flyers mindlessly traded him:  showed what he could do when used properly.

And yeah, kind of like Hoosiers or The Replacements.

56 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

For the benefit of all .. here is hit on Marchessault...

Clearly the puck is on another part of the ice and Marchessault is NOT part of the play.  It is a LATE HIT period.  By definition of the NHL Rule Book....

Rule 43

– Checking from Behind

Checking from Behind

– A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed.

Minor Penalty

- There is no provision for a minor penalty for checking from behind.

Major Penalty

– Any player who cross-checks, pushes or charges from behind an opponent who is unable to protect or defend himself, shall be assessed a major penalty. This penalty applies anywhere on  the playing surface (see 43.5).

Match Penalty

- The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent by checking from behind.

Game Misconduct

– A game misconduct penalty must be assessed anytime a major penalty is applied for checking from behind.

Fines and Suspensions

- Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts under Rule 41 and/or Rule 43, in  either the Regular season or Play-offs, shall be suspended automatically for the next game of his team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game. If deemed appropriate, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28 )

Since this will be a topic of much debate, I will start a new thread on this .....

This is what they deserve after allowing Reaves to get away with a dirty cross check and the shoot the puck into the net and the refs turn their back.  Its BS.  

16 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

This is not what an expansion team is supposed to be.  Nice job Bettman

4 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

We have our swords too

Are you sure?  I always thought the logo was a reference to two Rochester guys in the back seat of a Lumina.  NTTAWWT

11 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

This is what they deserve after allowing Reaves to get away with a dirty cross check and the shoot the puck into the net and the refs turn their back.  Its BS.  

They definitely swallowed their whistles. I counted 4 clear penalties that were not called, including the Reeves Cross Check in front of the net that led to his goal. Wilson can say what he says, but this did cross the line. This was not checking a player off the puck, this was trying to hurt someone.

15 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Of course, the question of the day/week/month is.....would the Pens still be playing if they sent Murray to the Knights??  It would have been a crazy decision, just based on wage and age alone.....but .....my gut says, they beat the Caps with MAF in net. 

Actually the answer would absolutely not. Philadelphia Flyers would have a field day in the first round! K

(Remember 2012 you cant beat us)

6 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Actually the answer would absolutely not. Philadelphia Flyers would have a field day in the first round! K

(Remember 2012 you cant beat us)

"The Shift"......seems SO long ago!!

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The other is really just in a form of a question:   Taking nothing away from MAF, how much of this year is about a chip on his shoulder and something to prove?   I'm just wondering if he stays in Pitt does he have the same motivation and maybe not quite the edge he seems to now.

Excellent points....yes, I would venture to guess the chip on his shoulder was REAL. He got shoved out of the way for a younger and cheaper option...if that doesn't get your blood boiling...what will??

Another question....if he stays in Pitt....he would not have the same type of skating, physicality or transition game from his defense...the Vegas defense plays a huge role in his success. 

2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Excellent points....yes, I would venture to guess the chip on his shoulder was REAL. He got shoved out of the way for a younger and cheaper option...if that doesn't get your blood boiling...what will??

Another question....if he stays in Pitt....he would not have the same type of skating, physicality or transition game from his defense...the Vegas defense plays a huge role in his success. 

Yeah, I think that's accurate too.  I think even most Pens fans (on here, anyway) would correctly assert that if the team played better team defense, they'd probably still be playing. 

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

"The Shift"......seems SO long ago!!

What was, in my opinion, a very soft goal that should have been stopped! All he had to do was flip his right elbow out, like a chicken wing and the puck is in the corner!

The reaction of MAF I thought was strange like he was surprised that Giroux had the puck and was shooting it towards him! Only when the puck went into the net did he realise he was to stop the puck.

19 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Are you sure?  I always thought the logo was a reference to two Rochester guys in the back seat of a Lumina.  NTTAWWT

Now you are well aware  of how big of a hockey town Buffalo is.

19 hours ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

They definitely swallowed their whistles. I counted 4 clear penalties that were not called, including the Reeves Cross Check in front of the net that led to his goal. Wilson can say what he says, but this did cross the line. This was not checking a player off the puck, this was trying to hurt someone.

Maybe it does not happen if Washington gets a fair call on the cross check.  Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

19 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I never question the loyalty of you Philly fans or your town, you should not question ours

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Is it time to bring out the SLUG logo???

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I never question the loyalty of you Philly fans or your town, you should not question ours

My post didn't have anything to do with loyalty, questioning or otherwise. 

We should make a topic "worst logos / worst jerseys" in NHL history. I have a couple under the hood, like the Mooterus, the Islanders' fisherman or the Anaheim 3rd jersey back in the 2000s. 

:VeryCool:

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Is it time to bring out the SLUG logo???

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Quite possibly the worst idea in the entire history of the NHL??

Image result for buffalo slug logo

I once kept a sea slug in my salt water aquarium. My wife (the Leafs fan) named it Buffalo after that logo. Seriously true story.

Archived