Game 6: Panthers at Flyers, 10/16 @ 7

Howie58

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do we make of Elliot getting pulled ?

Seemed like an odd time to make the switch, was he hurting, fighting the puck ?

Hakstol's handling of goalies is mystifying .

I'm glad Flyers got the W though, I thought they played well Saturday, but didn't get the result. 

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Love to see Simmer getting in there to defend his teammate. Simmons must have forgotten Elliott was in goal and mistakenly thought 5 goals would be enough to win this game before he jumped in the scrum.

Jumped in is key. He was the "third man" - which wasn't called earlier on Florida.

Also, too, Florida got a power play goal for instigating.

31 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

what do we make of Elliot getting pulled ?

Seemed like an odd time to make the switch, was he hurting, fighting the puck ?

Hakstol's handling of goalies is mystifying .

I'm glad Flyers got the W though, I thought they played well Saturday, but didn't get the result. 

Think it was a message to the team that they abjectly failed to receive.

Not a great move - and I'm no Billy Elliott fan...

Quick Thoughts:

1) We may be seeing the physical and mental disintegration of Elliott.  The goal scored after his failure to play the puck should have been it for the night. 

2)  Weal has some good offensive instincts.  Fine. What else?

3)  Gudas and Folin may have been our best defenders tonight. Yes, I just typed that.

4)  Do we give more weight to blowing a three goal lead, or showing some gumption in winning in the skills competition?

Ellliott starts strong and fades rapidly.  Pickard shows some mobility.  But I doubt Parent could make things much better with this D. 

Strange

Man those first two goals were the normal back breakers that Elliott always seems to let in.

The 3rd was a defensive break down that you would still like to see your goaltender make.

The last one man Elliott didn't even try to move his glove hand.

The book seems to be out on this dude get him  going to his left like you are going glove side and then just go stick side he is down right clueless.

This is going to be a long painful year if he is going to be the guy this club leans on for a majority of the games.

Pickard is ok as a backup. Hextall may hold on to Neuvy if he can figure out a way too. Because i actually think he is the best goalie.

His health is his biggest issue....Elliott is long from falling apart i say maybe by December...he is just to slow.

It would be nice to see the Captain get better at shootouts.

Good to see Weal come through finally.

giphy.gif

And then Pickard close to door.

giphy.gif

What has happened to Misha....it seems he is struggling. Maybe when Patrick is ready he needs a seat in the press box.

It was also good to see Jake score but man he was brutal and sloppy handling the puck from the little bit i saw last night (and in the Vegas loss).

Not sure how a guy can score 80 points and fight the puck like he does.

And watch this goal again....this is Ivan deflecting it in net not Barkov...Ivan has the white tape on his stick...

Barkov never touched it....that was Ivan's Mcturd impersonation coming through!!!

Should be Hoffman's goal.

Archived