Game 11: Islanders at Flyers, 10/27 @ 1

Howie58

In this meeting of two Metropolitan Division cellar dwellers, we are installed as favorites:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/new-york-philadelphia-odds-october-27-2018-1020520

If this is a Lehner-Elliott duel, Lehner's save percentage is .930, while Moose's is .880. 

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2018/New-York-Islanders-at-Philadelphia-Flyers-NHL-Picks-Predictions-10-27-2018-998.html

If you had asked me before the season to guess who would have the higher save percentage, I'd have said Elliott.  This may be a critical game for the O and B.  Losing to Boston or Colorado is one thing; losing to these folks on home ice is tough to imagine. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

In this meeting of two Metropolitan Division cellar dwellers, we are installed as favorites:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/new-york-philadelphia-odds-october-27-2018-1020520

If this is a Lehner-Elliott duel, Lehner's save percentage is .930, while Moose's is .880. 

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2018/New-York-Islanders-at-Philadelphia-Flyers-NHL-Picks-Predictions-10-27-2018-998.html

If you had asked me before the season to guess who would have the higher save percentage, I'd have said Elliott.  This may be a critical game for the O and B.  Losing to Boston or Colorado is one thing; losing to these folks on home ice is tough to imagine. 

Bring it on.

Maybe when they get blown out the water Ron will be forced to do something this status quo ain't getting it done.

To be honest they are only 4 points outside of a wild card spot.

And 5 points from the lead in the Metro behind the Canes.

But nonetheless i want to see some wins. 

Some good skill hockey once again being played by my Flyers.

Some smiles on the players faces.

It's time. They are putting in the work. But they aren't getting the results they seek.

But that can end today. Put the biscuit in the basket. Problem solved.

Relieve the pressure. They know the answer good hard hockey for 60 minutes and they can get back in the win column.

The have the horses to do it. We have seen how they can be. Now it's time to just go execute. Play sound disciplined hockey.

Quit all the long cross ice passes looking for the homerun all the time, quit the backward passes.

Find puck. Get puck. Keep puck. Win.

"Give ya nuts a tug boys!!!!"

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise - 15 Jori Lehterä - 10 Corban Knight

9 Ivan Provorov - 8 Robert Hägg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 47 Andrew MacDonald 
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

30 Michal Neuvirth
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: 40 Jordan Weal (healthy), 26 Christian Folin (healthy), 33 Cal Pickard (healthy), 12 Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), 25 James van Riemsdyk (IR, lower body), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

ISLANDERS

18 Anthony Beauvillier - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle
27 Anders Lee - 29 Brock Nelson - 12 Josh Bailey
16 Andrew Ladd - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 47 Leo Komarov
17 Matt Martin - 53 Casey Cizikas - 15 Cal Clutterbuck

2 Nick Leddy - 6 Ryan Pulock
4 Thomas Hickey - 24 Scott Mayfield
3 Adam Pelech - 55 Johnny Boychuk

40 Robin Lehner
[1 Thomas Greiss]

Scratches: 14 Tom Kuhnhackl (healthy), 21 Luca Sbisa (healthy), 32 Ross Johnston (healthy).

6 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

WOOOHOOO!!!! MacDUD out!!! I get to watch hockey !!

I know i look forward to it.

Mcdud looks like he will have a good career as a ref, he seems to have a knack for finding a nice hole to observe the play from.

giphy.gif

He'll make a helluva a ref.

4 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

No offense but that 1st PP sucked.

No it's very offensive i can't believe we were subject to that....just flat out terrible this year. 1 PPG in the last 5 games.

And i see Sanheim with the turnover behind the net and the complimentary goal has been conceded. SMFH.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No it's very offensive i can't believe we were subject to that....just flat out terrible this year. 1 PPG in the last 5 games.

And i see Sanheim with the turnover behind the net and the complimentary goal has been conceded. SMFH.

Yeah... I necessarily wouldn't see 1 out of 5 games a problem if you're creating chances but in that you had none. I remember days when Giroux created several per PP. Oh Beauvillier....

Archived