Flyers claim McKenna (G) off waivers

brelic

23 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

How did tanking work for Edmonton until they got McJesus? Asking for a friend.:ph34r:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...?

I think this discussion got out of hand... Hey, Hart's doing good against the Flames!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

How did tanking work for Edmonton until they got McJesus? Asking for a friend.:ph34r:

You just have to keep at it until you hit the jackpot!  Five years of tanking is actually a lot easier than a total rebuild. Faster, too!😁

9 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

You just have to keep at it until you hit the jackpot!  Five years of tanking is actually a lot easier than a total rebuild. Faster, too!😁

Heh...well, yes, you have a point...
But it is also a LOT more embarrassing to any self respecting organization and its fanbase for a longer stretch of time!  :shifty:

19 hours ago, FD19372 said:

How long until Jeff Hackett makes a comeback? I mean will the Flyers be having blind auditions with people off of the damned street? SMDH

Hell, bring in that roll of duct tape someone mentioned earlier :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

17 minutes ago, Samifan said:

People keep referring to McKenna as a journeyman goalie. Is that the polite way of saying garbage goalie? :bigteeth:

One team's trash is another team's treasure. Wait, that should be the Flyers 2018-19 team slogan!

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I’m amazed this thread is 3 pages long over a 35 yr old goalie with 7 career NHL wins....:dizzysmiley-1:

Flyer frustration runs deep... 

Plus, people like me, we look at train wrecks...not because they are pretty...but because we are strangely compelled to do so.....  :shifty:

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I’m amazed this thread is 3 pages long over a 35 yr old goalie with 7 career NHL wins....:dizzysmiley-1:

Trust me. It's over the current. general ineptitude of the franchise.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Totally agree..... 😊

Yeah and Ron should have chose Michael Hutchinson off waivers this past preseason instead of Pickard....he just helped pitch a shutout today vs. the Canucks i thought he was a better goalie

31 minutes ago, DevinWieser said:

@flyercanuck that is exactly what i meant, being a wild fan, he didnt do to well in minnesota.

I'm happy he hasn't done nothing crazy.

On paper this is a talented team who made the playoffs last year and added JVR.

Now they are worse record wise is all.

There is no magic trade that is going to fix this mess.

There are alot of teams i think willing to do business with him and steal the collection of young prospects they have collected so far for some absurd price like the Hanzal trade for a 1st and 2nd or some prospect like Sanheim or Farabee.

But he doesn't have to do that. And i know it's hard to imagine that someone could learn from past mistakes.

But maybe he has or maybe he wants to make moves when it suits the team best.

Myself i am glad he hasn't done much yet.

I would like to see him get rid of some dead weight and who knows maybe he does.

2 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

@flyercanuck that is exactly what i meant, being a wild fan, he didnt do to well in minnesota.

Ya, there's more than a few of us on here wondering wtf the draw was to hire a guy who left the Wild in not so great shape...especially the farm system. Of course the guy who hired him left the Flyers in the same boat, and then was promoted FFS.

Archived