Wild vs. Golden Knights 1/21/19 @ 5:00PM CST at T-Mobile Arena

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Spurgeon is a GREAT player.  For all the sheep that point to Suter, Spurgeon plays better D than Suter, and is as close to Dumba on O as we have.  He would be a perennial All Star if he was bigger.....Clyde gets a gift

No doubt about that. I'm surprised they don't sell him more even the national guys note how underrated he is.

Just now, Fargocase said:

On my behalf, and maybe other actual Wi;d fans, to the Haters I saw, "PUCK YOU!"

Sorry, they won.

Glad you could chime in.

After April the new Wild slogan could be, "The Wild have been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years."

Minnesota's 4th line sparks Wild's 4-2 Win Over Vegas

Well it worked out pretty close to my keys to the game.  Working pucks deep and assert some physical dominance.  Greenway and Foligno were outstanding and played big tonight.  The 4th line got it going and the rest of the team followed along.  Parise's play on that empty net goal, incredible...willed the puck out of the zone and then made the assist from his knees.  Fantastic.  Good on the Wild to take full advantage of that mega miss by Brandon Pirri and turn the tables of this game.  Full game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  Check it out!  

Well, with one more game before the ASG, let's hope Minnesota doesn't go on "vacation" early, as I have seen some other NHL teams do.

Especially against Colorado in Denver...a team they are battling with for playoff position.
I would like to see Minnesota clean up some of their game against the Avs….I think they got away with quite a bit against a Knights team that seemed off with the offensive attack...and that may not be the case against Nate MacKinnon and his mates.

That said, the Avs are STILL a one line team, and if Minnesota can get efforts from Foligno and the rest of the bottom six like they did against Vegas, then I like the Wild's chances to finish this part of the season off with a win at Pepsi Center.

You know, I think it was the 2nd period where I saw Spurgeon hold off Pacioretty right in close by the net. It's almost crazy how a smaller player like him can effectively put his body on someone like that when larger team mates can't.

1 hour ago, MNSOTA said:

The sad part, you're probably correct. 

I didn't get a chance to reply to you on this before, but giving it some thought... I thought it would be a riot posting that.

Irony? Intended. Those 'job titles' are Brunette's! 🤗

It makes me wonder though, when Mikko retires will he just quietly return to Finland and love life - or will he hold tight to the Wild? In all honesty I think he'll return home and promote and/or contribute to hockey over there.

40 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

You know, I think it was the 2nd period where I saw Spurgeon hold off Pacioretty right in close by the net. It's almost crazy how a smaller player like him can effectively put his body on someone like that when larger team mates can't.

Bingo. Spurgeon never ceases to amaze me. The guy fears nothing and no one, whether it's in front of the net or in the corners (while his defensive partner stands motionless in front of the crease with his thumb up his asz)

If we could somehow put Spurge's brain, hustle and work ethic into a body like Suter's, we'd have ourselves one helluva beastly D-man.

4 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Bingo. Spurgeon never ceases to amaze me. The guy fears nothing and no one, whether it's in front of the net or in the corners (while his defensive partner stands motionless in front of the crease with his thumb up his asz)

If we could somehow put Spurge's brain, hustle and work ethic into a body like Suter's, we'd have ourselves one helluva beastly D-man.

That's where Mat Dumba comes in... 
Best of both.

Also, I think Spurgeon and Suter make excellent pairing partners.
Even when (if) Dumba comes back this season, I think they should be kept together....maybe get a Brodin or Paterryn to pair with Dumba on the 2nd pair.

Next season, perhaps all bets can be off, and Dumba can be on the top pair with whatever deserving partner he works best with, and try to keep Spurge and Suter together as the 2nd pair...for better or worse, I think #46 and #20 have worked so long together in the past (even before Dumba became a regular), that they simply "know" each other's tendencies more and thus, make a better cohesive unit.

Hmmmm….I hear Scandella is falling out of favor in Buffalo....perhaps in the off season the Wild can re-acquire him and pair him with Dumba….ya, I know wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, rottenrefs said:

His technique is off the charts, as is his effort!  Love Spurgeon!  He is worth Sut(less) salary. 

13 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

I didn't get a chance to reply to you on this before, but giving it some thought... I thought it would be a riot posting that.

Irony? Intended. Those 'job titles' are Brunette's! 🤗

It makes me wonder though, when Mikko retires will he just quietly return to Finland and love life - or will he hold tight to the Wild? In all honesty I think he'll return home and promote and/or contribute to hockey over there.

Well, he does own his boyhood team, TPS Turku, with his brother Saku and Miikka Kipprusoff...

Watching this game showed how dramatically opposite Vegas and the Wild are.

Vegas: Younger, Faster - Strong leaving and entering zones - Crisp passing, Knowing where players are and are going to be -

Pressuring D.

Wild: Old, Slow (no chit) - Struggle to leave and enter zones, Chipping puck along boards hoping someone picks it up and then dump and chase when pressured at blue line - Passing usually's followed by "Just missed" or "In the feet of" commentary - Forcing passes because that's what the play was designed as - Collapsing D, Keeping the play to the outside.

Both Dubnyk and MAF kept their teams in this one. Why does MAF have 6 SO's to Dubnyk's 1? See above. 

With all that said, Somehow we get the Win. 

All because of gritty goals. Most of the time we are trying to set up perfect plays which most of the time gets disrupted.

It's just confusing why they don't support the style that gives them success.

Vegas's style makes for a fun game to watch and is what I want to see the Wild become.

Archived