Wild vs. Avalanche 1/23/19 @ 8:30PM at Pepsi Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bear said:

hunt looks pretty good

To this point, I agree with what I have read.  

• 30 instead of 25
  • Gets Belpido back to the AHL where he deserves time
  • cap seems like a wash
  • no loss on draft pick, if anyone gets butthurt about a 5th or 6th round pick, well. ahem.

We'll see what happens after break especially when Fehr comes back and has something has to give. 

I think part of what you saw from Seeler tonight is related to the fact of post ASB roster spots.

It almost seems the top end of the roster are getting the message.  Personally I am not convinced yet, but I guess the game will play out the play.   How each act goes. . .

Wild capitalize on two 5-on-3's to power by Colorado 5-2

Minnesota made the most of its opportunities and the team worked hard and seemed to want it more tonight.  The shot blocks by Seeler and Foligno in that sequence towards the end of the 2nd and the Wild then answer back with a goal to take a two-goal lead into the 2nd intermission.  Big win going into the break.  I thought Hunt was ok, had one real good power play but still seems a bit slower than I expected.  Hoping to see him unleash the big shot more.  The Aberg, Rask line didn't get much time early on and in the middle, but they had some good shifts towards the latter part of the game and Aberg ended up with 2 points tonight.  Staal heating up and Coyle continuing to play well is great.  

Favorite moments of that game.

Mighty Mouse dragging Landeskog away from crease and how pi$$ed he got.

Then the headlock by Patterin on the Av who actually went after Spurge. Great look on Pat's face.

Throw in the clip on Mackinnon's bench tirade and his a$$ slipping off the bench.

I present to you the 2019 Colorado Avalanche. 😁

Then of course Seeler giving up his body on those 3 straight blocked shots.

I wonder if the Pepsi Center crew found any spare parts after the game.

His stock just raised in the eyes of the coaching staff and the teammates.

*Side note to Blyan. Congrats on winning the Pick 'em week. Glad to see you take it since you technically already won on Sunday which was the normal end.

The Minnesota Wild were the Minnesota Wild in this game....granted, they DID pick up their game and headed into the ASG break on positive note (not to mention winning an important game against one of the teams they are trying to keep off their playoff spot), but if the game proved just one thing...it is that the Avs, for as good as Mac-Land-Rant are, they are STILL a one line team and won't get too far with just that.

I enjoyed this win.
Particularly because Colorado tried some of their roughing tactics to absolutely NO avail.

10 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Favorite moments of that game.

Mighty Mouse dragging Landeskog away from crease and how pi$$ed he got.

Then the headlock by Patterin on the Av who actually went after Spurge. Great look on Pat's face.

Throw in the clip on Mackinnon's bench tirade and his a$$ slipping off the bench.

I present to you the 2019 Colorado Avalanche. 😁

Then of course Seeler giving up his body on those 3 straight blocked shots.

I wonder if the Pepsi Center crew found any spare parts after the game.

His stock just raised in the eyes of the coaching staff and the teammates.

*Side note to Blyan. Congrats on winning the Pick 'em week. Glad to see you take it since you technically already won on Sunday which was the normal end.

I agree. Seeler impressed me again that game like he did it at the end of the last season and during playoffs. 

We also have got that game 2 huge points for the team standings.

Archived