Minnesota Wild vs. San Jose Sharks 3/11/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

How do we always look outmanned on the power play?

Because we're.......not.....good.  No matter the PP coaches, line-ups, and GM.  Maybe, we should just bring up the Iowa Wild PP? 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild lack urgency and compete in 3-0 loss to San Jose

What a sad, lazy effort at home.  Rask returns, Eriksson Ek and younger guys get pushed back in the lineup and the team returns to schitt.  The Wild are so comfortable and so unfocused at home and that's on the players.  This team passed up a big opportunity to distance themselves from Arizona but they pissed it away and then didn't seem to care down the stretch.  Boudreau didn't bother pulling Dubnyk because this team didn't care enough to battle when it mattered.  Pathetic performance.  I have a full game recap, prospect news and a full Boys State Tournament summary.  Enjoy...

Per Jeremy R:  'These are just terrible entries (into the zone)....too cute, and lacking in effort.....they are not giving DD any help right now,  and it causes him to get uncomfortable'  'They have trouble getting motivated against lesser teams and at home...."  'If you make the playoffs with a home record like that - you should thank your lucky stars.'  'The last thing I would remember when I get home is that my home fans booed me at home....we will see what kind of character this team has in their next game.."

Wow!  He is spot-on, and took this team back to the woodshed....and the Wild deserve it.  I am not a big JR guy, but I don't fault his analysis.  Until next game......

Let's face it. When the wild go on a winning streak, they're over achieving.

Their led by a defenseman who coasts, and 1 that gets trapped over reaching.

Their 1st line center is really showing his age, last nights 2nd line center doesn't belong.

Their 4th line winger is only in the league because he is cheap, shoots from the right and is one of us.

And the rest of the team is average at best.

Typical Minnesota sports team.

Yay!

13 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

How can a PP be this bad

#20 for 1:30+ per...That's how.

Like @Megawild said, Getting to the blue line and dropping it off to the guy standing there and pretty much every time then it gets dumped to corner with no one there to get it = Instant turnover. If that's "getting behind their D" then no thanks.

Hasn't anyone noticed how nice it works when #6 carries it in himself and at least gains the Zone ?!?

Zucker (or ZOOOKer per NBCSN) is already back to his own self after that so-called hattie.

Probably the weakest one ever. 1. Deflection- Ok, Right place/Right time. 2. Swing and a hit, Could've been Stahl's. 3. Empty net that the team bent over backwards for him to get the shot. ..Meh.

Note to locker room, Please stop playing Linda Ronstadt...

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

#20 for 1:30+ per...That's how.

Like @Megawild said, Getting to the blue line and dropping it off to the guy standing there and pretty much every time then it gets dumped to corner with no one there to get it = Instant turnover. If that's "getting behind their D" then no thanks.

Hasn't anyone noticed how nice it works when #6 carries it in himself and at least gains the Zone ?!?

Zucker (or ZOOOKer per NBCSN) is already back to his own self after that so-called hattie.

Probably the weakest one ever. 1. Deflection- Ok, Right place/Right time. 2. Swing and a hit, Could've been Stahl's. 3. Empty net that the team bent over backwards for him to get the shot. ..Meh.

Note to locker room, Please stop playing Linda Ronstadt...

In Randy Hahn's defense, in the NHL Guide and Record book which has pronunciations for the player names...it does have it listed as (ZOOK-er), just saying.  

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Personally, I like this pronunciation, and yes, I do believe that is correct one.
It just jives better when I go "ZOOK THERE IT IS!" :bigteeth:

8 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

In Randy Hahn's defense, in the NHL Guide and Record book which has pronunciations for the player names...it does have it listed as (ZOOK-er), just saying.  

I think it is a German style pronunciation, probably means "sugar". I like it as well as the player too. 🙂 

After our discussions through different threads on the Wild Board regarding Bitteto I decided to look again on his stats and stats of our the most productive defensemen in Iowa Wild system. Evidently our defense in a big club is not producing this year as it did in a previous 2 years. Dumba’s injury was the most significant loss for the team’s success of the 2018-2019 season. It seems the other player’s injuries were not so harmful as Dumba’s injury for the team’s confidence.

Just looked for the most productive defensemen there (in Iowa) this season:

- Brennan Menell (21 y.o.) played 56 games, and having 33 points (2 goals;31 assists; +/- +14);

- Michael Kapla (24 y.o.) played 59 games – 24 points(2 goals;22 assists;+/- - 6);

- Louie Belpedio (22 y.o.) played 57 games – 18 points (5 goals; 13 assists; +/- -1; shots on goal 124);

- Carson Soucy(24 y.o.) played 52 games – 15 points (5 goals;10 assists; +/ - +10);

The other 4 defensemen (Bouramman, Warner, Bartkovski, Prosser) having less points so far.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, EmptyShelf said:

Because we're.......not.....good.  No matter the PP coaches, line-ups, and GM.  Maybe, we should just bring up the Iowa Wild PP? 

I found 6 the most productive players in PP goals this season in Iowa Wild roster, which are merit our attention:

- Rau -15 PP goals;

- Sokolov 6 PP goals;

- Anas – 6 PP goals;

- O’Reilly – 5 PP goals;

- Mayhew – 5 PP goals;

- Read – 4 PP goals.

Wish to see at least first 3 of them in a Wild sweeter for the big club PP improvement.

19 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Personally, I like this pronunciation, and yes, I do believe that is correct one.
It just jives better when I go "ZOOK THERE IT IS!" :bigteeth:

Just wait, Personal goal songs. 😁

20 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Then, It just sounded like he was reading from those notes and extenuating it more than needed. zOOOOker.

I knew it's not like Smuckers but thought more of the U and O together.

Can you tell there wasn't much to talk about after that team performance? ;)

Archived