Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

yave1964

Kadri crosschecks Debrusk across the face (poll)

How long will Kadri be suspended?  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. How long will Kadri be suspended for latest dirty hit?

    • 3 games
    • 5 games
    • 1 game
      0
    • not at all
      0
    • more than 5 games


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 Ya...it's why he's gotta learn someday it's about the team, not just Kadri. It seems like just when he's got over that hump he keeps reverting back.

 

I think he was standing up for a team mate on that play (Marleau), so I think he was following the hockey code on paying DeBrusk back for his cheap hit on Marleau just seconds earlier (which seems to get no attention from the media).

 

Could he have done things in a different way? Sure. He could have shouldered DeBrusk into the boards instead of cross-checking him. Players typically want to fight dirty plays with dirty plays of their own, otherwise it's not quite "payback" to give a clean hit to someone who just tried to injure you or one of your team mates. 

 

Oh well.  :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

If Kadri had just lowered his stick, and run Jake into the boards, i'd have no issues with it

 

He did that to the Bruins on Wingels(?) last year and got suspended. Exact same hit Kucherov did a few games ago. I'm convinced there is NO hit that Kadri can lay on anyone without being suspended for it these days.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the poll to be what WILL he get, not what SHOULD he get.

 

I'm with @OccamsRazor on this. 5-10 is what he SHOULD get. He will get 3, because it's the playoffs and he plays for the Leafs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Could he have done things in a different way? Sure. He could have shouldered DeBrusk into the boards instead of cross-checking him.

 

What he SHOULD have done is drop the gloves. But that would be too hockey-like for Kadri.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

I took the poll to be what WILL he get, not what SHOULD he get.

 

I'm with @OccamsRazor on this. 5-10 is what he SHOULD get. He will get 3, because it's the playoffs and he plays for the Leafs.

 

 

 

I hope you're right.  :)

 

The NHL needs Kadri for ratings and they know it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

 

What he SHOULD have done is drop the gloves. But that would be too hockey-like for Kadri.

 

I agree, but it was heat of the moment and clearly he just wanted to smash DeBrusk for hitting Marleau into the glass partition.

 

There were more HITS in game 2 than in every Leafs game during the regular season combined.

 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadri is what's it's like to play beer league hockey with guys who have never played the game much. They fly off the handle at the slightest provocation (like a legal mid-ice, being-in-your-lane "hit") and, whereas most normal people, shrug it off or maybe take a number and try to land a legal hit later, not these heroes: it's two-hander at the head. 

 

I say he gets 5. Should get 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspended for the rest of the first round. So it remains to be seen which poll answer is correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Suspended for the rest of the first round. So it remains to be seen which poll answer is correct.

 

Yeah I hear ya.... would be a max of 5 games if the series goes 7 games.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO the absolute correct call. Still rooting for the Leafs in the series but he definitely hurt his team with his stupidity.

 

  I listened to Bob McKenzie on a podcast earlier in the season talking about the DPS and how they could make changes to the suspension system, his example of right way and wrong way:

 

 Player A for the Blues does a cheap shot on player B on the Leafs.  Player A gets suspended for a game, but it is against some random team next on the schedule. McKenzie said he has been saying for years that instead, player A should be suspended the next time his team is scheduled to face the team that he committed the infraction against so that it carries more weight. 

 

 Someone else, I cannot remember who suggested (and I admit to stealing the idea for my own a time or two) that if a player is suspended the team he plays for should be forced to play a man short on the roster for the length of the suspension.  That would cut down on a lot of the stupidity.

 

 The Kadri thread not the place to bring these two ideas ( I did not say they were good ideas, just ideas) but not sure where to put them so I thought I would throw them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Kadri is what's it's like to play beer league hockey with guys who have never played the game much. They fly off the handle at the slightest provocation (like a legal mid-ice, being-in-your-lane "hit") and, whereas most normal people, shrug it off or maybe take a number and try to land a legal hit later, not these heroes: it's two-hander at the head. 

 

I say he gets 5. Should get 10.

 

Were you watching our game last night?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Player A for the Blues does a cheap shot on player B on the Leafs.  Player A gets suspended for a game, but it is against some random team next on the schedule. McKenzie said he has been saying for years that instead, player A should be suspended the next time his team is scheduled to face the team that he committed the infraction against so that it carries more weight. 

 

It's a neat idea, but absolutely not. It wouldn't work because the league would have to keep track of every outstanding suspension with every player in the league (and those would accumulate quickly over the course of a season). Plus, what if a player gets traded during that time? What happens if the suspension is multiple games? Does the player only miss a game when his team plays the other team?

 

A five game suspension could carry on over five years if you consider that some teams only play each other once a year. A player might retire before serving out their entire suspension lol. 

 

I know Bob McKenzie is a smart hockey guy with some good ideas but logistically, his penalty idea would be almost impossible to implement. It sounds neat for about 10 seconds and then reality hits and you realize it could never work and I don't think the league would want to even try to scale that mountain.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect suspension, IMO.   I didn't see this poll until just now, and I honestly don't know which answer I would have given not knowing the decision.   This one feels right to me.  Plus, they probably remove a complete powder keg if he took the ice in this series again (okay, so slight disappointment on that count).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Perfect suspension, IMO.   I didn't see this poll until just now, and I honestly don't know which answer I would have given not knowing the decision.   This one feels right to me.  Plus, they probably remove a complete powder keg if he took the ice in this series again (okay, so slight disappointment on that count).

 

Agreed. The hockey world would be better served if the rink literally exploded with both teams in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Plus, they probably remove a complete powder keg if he took the ice in this series again (okay, so slight disappointment on that count).

 

We want fireworks!  💥

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

 

Agreed. The hockey world would be better served if the rink literally exploded with both teams in it.

 

Huh?  Why?  :thinking:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Yeah I thought the ruling on that hit was terrible. Should not have had any suspension whatsoever.     I'm guessing the number is probably going to be 5 games for Kadri. Just enough to put him out of this series and most likely that will be all for the Leafs. It's a shame. It really spoils the intensity in what was shaping up to be an entertaining series. 
    • 2
      Post
      Nasty ..Nasty .... Nasty ....   As I said about Kucherov ....I love physical hockey...BUT/HOWEVER, what Kadri did does NOT belong in today's game.  I said 5 games, but would not be shocked if it is more.  The still image I created says it all for ..... he purposely crosschecked his stick to Debrusk's head.                  
    • 2
      Post
      Now that the goons are basically gone from hockey now it would help to get rid of the instigation penalty and let the players handle this stuff within the rules and within the game.
    • 2
      Post
      Ya...an arsehole.      He's been suspended and fined multiple times...like, what, 7 or 8? He's clearly not getting the message. This was dirty, and selfish. He puts his team in a bad situation because he wanted payback for a hit on himself.      If I put me into the 1990s I wouldn't be old. But I am. It isn't the 1990s. If you put the 75 Flyers on the ice now they'd all be doing time.
    • 2
      Post
      Just my unbiased bruins opinion, lol...   If Kadri had just lowered his stick, and run Jake into the boards, i'd have no issues with it, but Kadri has a history of going up high, and that history will, and should have an impact on the length of suspension...cheap play at an even worse time.
    • 2
      Post
      What he SHOULD have done is drop the gloves. But that would be too hockey-like for Kadri.
×
×
  • Create New...