Western Conference Finals: San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)

pilldoc

Western Conference Finals: San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Sharks sweep
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Blues sweep
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

Both teams survive Game 7.  Now it is up to the Sharks and Blues to see who will represent the Western Conference in the SCF.  All discussion regarding this series goes here.

Schedule: TBD

8a7e2d324349c733ccd8beff6debecae.jpg Image result for san jose sharks mascot

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

I took Sharks in 7 and think this is going to be a fun series,  two different style teams, the Blues get er done with goaltending and just enough scoring, the Sharks send five men into the offensive zone regularly as if they are on a power play even when it is 5 on 5. Whoever makes adjustments the quickest wins, I think the Sharks can play about any style and the Blues will come up just short as they dont have am answer for Karlsson/Burns.

14 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I disagree. The ONLY edge that the Blues have is in goal, and Binnington is a rookie.

Worst game of the playoffs for Binnington by far.  Parayko did him no favors either.  He played far far better vs Dallas in game 7.  But this is no surprise to me. Its one game.  I am not worried.  Adjusting to playing in California and the time is never easy. Dallas was hell bent on defense.  San Jose is hell bent on offense.  Meaning Berube will make adjustments.  He will keep one more back, trust his goalie and try and catch them odd man on blocks and turnovers. Just keep it out and they will score enough to win. They almost pulled this out even as bad as things went.  That was very close to being 5-4 with Berube pulling the goalie early. I was a bit surprised he pulled him so early with it being only a 2 goal deficit

I disagree. The ONLY edge that the Blues have is in goal, and Binnington is a rookie.

Worst game of the playoffs for Binnington by far.  Parayko did him no favors either.  He played far far better vs Dallas in game 7.  But this is no surprise to me. Its one game.  I am not worried.  Adjusting to playing in California and the time is never easy. Dallas was hell bent on defense.  San Jose is hell bent on offense.  Meaning Berube will make adjustments.  He will keep one more back, trust his goalie and try and catch them odd man on blocks and turnovers. Just keep it out and they will score enough to win. They almost pulled this out even as bad as things went.  That was very close to being 5-4 with Berube pulling the goalie early. I was a bit surprised he pulled him so early with it being only a 2 goal deficit

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

:sweeping-smiley-emoticon:

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

:sweeping-smiley-emoticon:

16 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Completely agree. These teams are closely matched. I give the Blues the edge in goal and that could do the trick.

Sure didn't help much last game the Blues giving up 6 total goals....wow...didn't see that coming...but it could be the slap in the face they need to wake up.

Guess we will see next game if it helped.