News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

Breaking: Sanheim extended 2 more years

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Provorov - Niskanen

Gostisbehere - Braun

Sanheim - Myers 

Morin - Hagg

I haven't watched Braun much, but a buddy of mine who is paid to know a lot about these things has informed me that he really wasn't very good in SJ. I think he may start in the top four given the signing and all, but I really hope AV gets off his high horse and is willing to adjust if it turns out he's not worth taking the ice time away from someone like Sanheim. It's possible the situation here will work out better for him than SJ too, but it's not like SJ had bad teams in his time there.

Sanheim was showing solid progress last season. I really hope he gets the opportunity to take another step forward. 

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

I haven't watched Braun much, but a buddy of mine who is paid to know a lot about these things has informed me that he really wasn't very good in SJ. I think he may start in the top four given the signing and all, but I really hope AV gets off his high horse and is willing to adjust if it turns out he's not worth taking the ice time away from someone like Sanheim. It's possible the situation here will work out better for him than SJ too, but it's not like SJ had bad teams in his time there.

Sanheim was showing solid progress last season. I really hope he gets the opportunity to take another step forward. 

Funny because my neighbor 2 doors down an engineer who moved from Anaheim (can't remember his explanation of why he wasn't a Ducks fan) about 7 years back said we got a very good underrated stay at home type.

Said he should help bring along our kids. Basically what I thought he was acquired for.

And he went as far as to say that Vlassic may miss him.

So it looks like no matter which way it goes or even what others say the proof will be in the pudding or in this case on the ice and within the game.

So time will tell.

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

Nothing will impeded Sanheim, but Sanheim. He is on solid ground. Braun and Niskanen were brought in to solidify and mentor the young corp.  Not replace them. Unless they are moved, Morin and Hagg will most likey Push those two vets out in the near future

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 8:16 AM, elmatus said:

I haven't watched Braun much, but a buddy of mine who is paid to know a lot about these things has informed me that he really wasn't very good in SJ.

That seems to run counter to what I've been reading/hearing in other circles. 

On 7/9/2019 at 8:16 AM, elmatus said:

I think Sanheim and Braun will be the second pairing with Ghost/Myers as the third.

Edited by vis
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I expect this kid to take the next step in his development...there is a reason why all these teams want to steal this guy...

...don't do it....you could regret it for a loooooooooong time. He has all the tools in the toolbox he just needs to learn how to utilize them.

41 seconds in you see what he needs to do more often with his combo of size and skating ability.

You don't always have to blow someone up with a huge hit but you can do like he does skate with the puck carrier and use that stick and body and lean on them and box them out the play...love this type of play.

If he learns to do this the sky is the limit on how good he can be.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Should we all tap the brakes a bit here when forcasting his upside? I think he looks like the real thing and I hope he will be, but the sample size is pretty small. A few seasosns ago, 👻was untouchable and a future Norris recipient. Now he's talked about as an expendable commodity

24 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Should we all tap the brakes a bit here when forcasting his upside?

You can. I'm not. I expect a nice jump. But if it doesn't happen i wouldn't just jump to he is a bust trade him now!!!!!!!

I can't say nor am i responsible for what others do....there is no predicting it either....i've seen all sorts. Plan accordingly.

I personally think we are going to have one of the best defenses in the nhl for several years

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I personally think we are going to have one of the best defenses in the nhl for several years

From your post to God's eyes....

55 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Not if we trade #9

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CoachX said:

9 players?

Yeah the WHOLE blueline for Marner! Whatcha think??

7 hours ago, CoachX said:

9 players?

Well he just brought Stewart in...he only needs 9 more players to make us the Minnesota Wild.

Cause why wouldn't you want to be the Wild.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Well he just brought Stewart in...he only needs 9 more players to make us the Minnesota Wild.

Right?  Quite possibly the most boring, irrelevant franchise in hockey. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

.he only needs 9 more players to make us the Minnesota Wild.

LOL. It's so predictable. And terrifying.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Their colors suck

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah the WHOLE blueline for Marner! Whatcha think??

Is he worth it?

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Right?  Quite possibly the most boring, irrelevant franchise in hockey. 

And we have the architect!

• Uggh... 2

21 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Their colors suck

Their colours are the best part about the franchise. But, ya...they suck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

And we have the architect!

God help us all ..... 

image.jpeg.66a19816c8e37dd03e3e205b51f071d7.jpeg