Simmonds 3RW?

CoachX

48 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think he is going to stick it in our ass

And beat up our players 

And he will be on the ice for two or three goals against too...and soon the press box he goes...no worries mate.

1 hour ago, Special guest speaker said:

Or are you that convinced he's done??? 

From what i seen with the Flyers and then with the Preds he seems done....he never was a good player without the puck...and now he seems to have lost his scoring touch...it was time to move on.

Devils can enjoy him.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Special guest speaker said:

Would you have taken him at 5mil ???? He didn't demand the 8mil most of you thought he would... So would you have taken him at 5mil$?

I don't think he's all the way done.

I wouldn't offer him 5 x 1 either.

...and I like him.

I think the year he played with crazy- debilitating injuries hastened his physical decline. 

Didn't he have a broken face and hip at the same time ? And then he broke his hand on someone's face ?

Maybe he can bounce back but IMO that year tripled his mileage. 

I with him well except 6 times next year. 

Devils need someone to ride shotgun for Hischier and/or Hughes.  Simmonds fits the bill perfectly.  Devils are barely over the cap floor, so they could toss stupid money around.  High risk/reward for Simmonds.  Wonder if he fielded any long-term offers.  Guessing not by the looks of this deal.

10 hours ago, vis said:

Wonder if he fielded any long-term offers.

No everyone has seen him play. Devils have the money and contracts to waste...he'll be in the doghouse by Christmas.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

No everyone has seen him play. Devils have the money and contracts to waste...he'll be in the doghouse by Christmas.

I think he'll be a good player for them.  I don't think the Devils can realistically expect 25+ goals from him, but he can provide leadership, character and some toughness.  Worth $5m?  Probably not, but as mentioned, the Devils have $$$ and contracts to burn.  Money aside, it was an astute signing by Shero.  

1 hour ago, vis said:

I think he'll be a good player for them.  I don't think the Devils can realistically expect 25+ goals from him, but he can provide leadership, character and some toughness.  Worth $5m?  Probably not, but as mentioned, the Devils have $$$ and contracts to burn.  Money aside, it was an astute signing by Shero.  

I agree...I just hate the thought of him skating in that jersey.

• Like 3

I don't think he is done.

He was recovering from hip surgery takes about 2 years.

Be a come back year,I wouldn't have given him 5 mil...

hate that jersey also .. Heads up ...G /..

I M O ..

Edited by intheslot
adding letters