Wild vs. Canadiens 10/17/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Bell Centre

CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, Oregonwildfan said:

How did we not get anything competent in trading granny, coyle, and nino. The new additions contribute as much as i do from my couch. Agree with feeling bad for Bruce, this has to be tearing him apart. 

Fenton screwed the pooch on that one. Also, he signed Staal when there was a trade available for him and he spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to trade Zucker, for some bizarre power-trip reason.

• Like 1

Brutal, as brutal as it's ever been. I feel sorry for Eek and Kunin leaving the game with bruises. Wasted effort, if one thinks about it from the team perspective (as individuals it shows they have resilience, IMO). Yet another totally hopeless showing from the team/collection of individuals.

After the game I took a peek at Arizona vs. Nashville. Arizona has next to no talent either. They still manage to defend properly and connect with their passes now and again. What is it with us? Nothing is working right no. Nothing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I wish the Wild would stop with the stretch passes. They’re not good at it...

Normally stretch passes involve someone moving fast.  The Wild are slow as hell...so you're 100% right @IllaZilla they're just throwing the puck away on attempts like that.  

I would say the one player I wouldn't blame is Stalock. They left him out there to dry. 3 goals were because the defense left a guy completely wide open with nobody nearby for a good 20 feet if not more. Then the other goal was a typical Dumba error goal, a direct pass into the other teams player.

I feel for Bruce. He makes his mistakes for sure but he really is a good coach. These players, they just suck. They are toxic prima donnas. Sadly it seems like as soon as any of them get a new contract the effort goes to 25% and the drive to play goes. Spurgeon has looked like crap since signing. Zucker has not come close to the season before he got his new contract. Staal has completely become a Suter (which sucks as I do like Staal but do wish the Wild let him walk). Parise is diminishing pretty fast with scoring. He might be able to skate but it's pointless when he can't score or play defense. Now the typical player defense is coming up as they are being exposed for who they are so they will start distancing themselves from the coach and start calling the coach out. Apparently they think their fanbase is moronic and can't put together that the same core guys are on their third coach and third GM with the same old results. No longer a coach or GM issue but a player issue.

But I am no longer frustrated with the team on the hope they can win. I am more frustrated on the wasted talent they threw away or currently have. I hope those guys with talent and want to play the game are able to escape us and go somewhere where it will be appreciated by the franchise and fan base. Leipold made the franchise known as the team to go to if you have a name that might appear big, at the end of the career and want one last big contract.

This 'team' is a 5 alarm dumpster fire.  It is a toxic combination of egos, selfishness, backbiting, lack of leadership, lack of team play, bereft of grit, diminishing skills, happiness with financial security, no team speed, and lack of any drive to achieve. 

CL is TOTALLY responsible for this team 'culture', lack of drafting, asset, and cap management, bad hires in front office, and deception through marketing.  He deserves to lose a great deal of money for many years to come.  No long-range plan at all exists, and there is no semblance of a 'pay for current performance ' culture.   Why would anyone want to come to the Wild, except to cash a last undeserved check before retirement?   

Where to start?  Get rid of the cancers by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.  Either trade them for towels (Parise, Suter, Zucc, Koivu, Staal), put them in the press-box or on IR, and take their Cs, As, and TOI away - IMMEDIATELY.  They are now sunk assets.  And, do not FOR ANY REASON re-sign that sled of a Kaptain that has been nothing but a mediocre face-off man and pathetic leader since he was re-signed two contracts ago.  Play the youngsters on Top Two lines exclusively, and be open to shuttling them to Iowa (and replace them with anyone with grit).  NO ONE (fans) wants to see CL's Country Club on the ice (or buy a Warming House jersey of theirs) any longer.  WAKE UP CL, before your franchise finalizes a decade long circle down the drain.

• Good Post 1

Oh, and please include Dubnyk in the 'asset' purge.  I would rather see Stalock in net for the foreseeable future.  There is nothing left to determine with DD; he is a mediocre goalie whom has 5 hole gaffes at the worst possible time.  Trade him for a bag of pucks, or just diminish his ice-time.  It no longer matters if the league knows we are in 'fire-sale' mode - just DO IT.  The faster you start the yard sale, the faster we can begin a slow re-build.  Hopefully, we will have a chance at a Top Two pick, can sign Kaprisov, and bring in a youth movement that will at least show hustle and progress, and are happy to be in the NHL.  I might even consider dressing the Iowa Wild or an open tryout versus continuing to play these stiffs.  At least Boudreau and Guerin will have attentive pupils, versus malcontent 'never were's' from which to change the course of the franchise.  Fiala, Donato, and Greenway should spend a week in Iowa to re-ignite whatever fire they still have, which would also get them away from the toxicity of 11, 9, and 20 that is indisputably present.

• Good Post 1

I love and adore hockey. It really is a amazing sport the more you think about it. And hockey players tend to be thought of the blue collar guys. Hard working but relatable guys. The Wild come off as something different. They come off as guys who expect rewards with no hard work or grinding. Who want it to revolved all around them without helping each other. Guys who are part of a country club and don't make any errors so they past it down to the next guy. Guys who want to be out there during the glory (aka PP, end of game time, PK, etc) well not putting in the effort to deserve to be out there.

Maybe one day we will see the Wild in the Cup Finals but it won't be happening anytime within in the next 8 years unless we got some insane draft picks and/or free agents/trades. With that the case I would like to see some of these more talented players get moved to somewhere where they can shine. I hate to see talent get wasted and rot on the Wild.

Whom would you list as 'talented players to move somewhere?'  You have to trade a valuable asset to get one.  For me, I see; Dumba, Spurgeon, and Brodin have value (in decreasing order).  Upfront, I am at a loss.  Zucker, Greenway and Kunin, have some value, while Fiala and Donato are fading fast (and are not worth what they were traded for).  Rask makes me laugh.  NO ONE wants any part of the Parise, Suter, and Zucc deals, nor do they want whats left of Staal and probably HE77 no to Klyde.  I am also quite certain that no calls come for our goaltending.  This is the debacle that CL has created.  What is the best return we can expect from this collection of stiffs and malcontents?  My eyes/ears would be wide-open if I were BG.....but will CL allow him to completely purge this team?

As I agree to all the player analysis ^^  ...I'll add 1 thing.

Take the play book and BURN IT. The Wild are so predictable in every facet of their game.

For me, The PP is tied for worst with the Dump and Chase.

On the PP, It's all about setting up Dumba for a blast...Everytime.

It may work for Ovie but Dumba is a far cry away talent wise. So easy to defend.

Then there's the play (prior to the D+C) where the forward while moving into the neutral zone will usually drop the puck back to the D...Usually Suter. Now about 6-7 total playes are clogging up the blue line area with little choice but to power through??...No D+C.

Pass to a forward again?, They're standing still. Takes away any powerful entry or rush.

This drives me nuts. I see no advantage in this play at all. Someone please tell me why teams even do this? 

Edited by ClusterChuck

I loathe that $hitty drop back pass to enter the zone.  So damn predictable.  We dump and chase with no hope to get to the puck first (due to lack of speed and desire).   I agree.  Whatever attempt at a 'play book' they employ, ash can it.  None of it works.  They would be better off winging it at this point.  This group of players is just NOT a viable NHL mix.  Whomever is responsible for this tire fire (that hasn't already been let go or can be, since the owner is here to stay), needs to be shown the door before Monday.  Every game is an abominaton to hockey at this point - in all facets. Purge is necessary.  They need a full body cleanse, so that they can flush the excrement from the franchise and start over. 

Granlund was able to carry the puck over the blue line after the drop pass. That was one of the few things he was really good at, and Suter is no Granlund. They should change that drop pass thing, because they don't have the skills for that play. The same problem makes the Wild predictable. We have to play the way we play, as there is so little skill and speed on the team, and we don't have enough players with hockey IQ, to make unpredictable individual decisions.

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Granlund was able to carry the puck over the blue line after the drop pass. That was one of the few things he was really good at, and Suter is no Granlund. They should change that drop pass thing, because they don't have the skills for that play. The same problem makes the Wild predictable. We have to play the way we play, as there is so little skill and speed on the team, and we don't have enough players with hockey IQ, to make unpredictable individual decisions.

Sounds like a description of an AHL/ECHL team to me.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, lynxrattle said:

Brutal, as brutal as it's ever been. I feel sorry for Eek and Kunin leaving the game with bruises. Wasted effort, if one thinks about it from the team perspective (as individuals it shows they have resilience, IMO). Yet another totally hopeless showing from the team/collection of individuals.

After the game I took a peek at Arizona vs. Nashville. Arizona has next to no talent either. They still manage to defend properly and connect with their passes now and again. What is it with us? Nothing is working right no. Nothing.

Maybe I am wrong, but after the game against Canadiens, I have more and more feelings that the team is really gave up on the coach and wants to remove him out of the team. 17 shots vs 32 (with a score 0:4- our 6th loss) last night tells that something is going very bad inside our team. If I remember, Mike Yeo was fired when the Wild lost 12 out of 14 games in a row. Similar scenario happened with him when he was as a coach for the Blues last year. After analyzing our team’s poor performance, I am thinking that it is became more evident after Donato stopped producing practically any goals and any assists last season. He initially started pretty well as a rookie for the Wild by placing 4 goals; 12 assists, and we were able to win 4 or 5 games in a row, but then suddenly he became a zero producer and the team’s results became very poor by finishing our season at the last place of Central Division. This season our team started with the same poor records; players complaining ; goalies losing lots of pucks; forwards are not capable to put enough goals; defensemen are not helping as in defense as well as in offense. I just do not believe that we are such a bad highly paid professional team, which lost any wills on winning games. I completely understand the coach frustration, who wants badly to win every game, but, unfortunately, is not capable to do anything for the team’s improvement and team is continuing to lose games more and more. Fans are very upset too.

IMO that team does not have any minimal angry mode to win some games. Even with a low IQ teams are capable to win depending on their real will to win. And I completely agree with you regarding an example of Arizona team.