Wild vs. Bruins 11/23/19 @ 6:00PM CST at TD BankNorth Garden

CreaseAndAssist

Overtime Continues to Haunt Wild in 5-4 OT Loss to Boston

I didn't see this one, but it sounded like a stretch of about 5 minutes more or less derailed what was another fairly good effort by the Wild.  Overtime is beyond a schitt show, no one seems to know what they should be doing or how to handle having extra space on the ice.  You know they work on that at practice, but they look so lost in OT its sad.  I think Stalock probably wanted back those last 2 goals in regulation, but overall he made some huge saves to give this team a chance to win this game.  One day of rest and then a back-to-back in New York and New Jersey.  Full game impressions and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

• Like 2

Staal and Zucker (2 goals) + Zuccarello (2 assists) in that game. Nice to see their continuous production. I think it was a good 60 minutes game for our team. Fiala makes a nice play too. The team was pretty competitive against the Bruins overall, even the youngsters were good too.

Nice also that the topic "Zucker trade" was removed. Not necessary to destruct our fans when the player is so far our best in the team but someone still wanted to start the thread to make a more damage to the team.

Considering the other 2 OT's, This one was a gem. :P 

We actually had puck possession 😮  and attempted a couple plays..Not really suited for 3 on 3 imo, But still.

The difference between us and them is Boston 'knows' where their teammnates are and we 'hope'.

58 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Considering the other 2 OT's, This one was a gem. :P 

We actually had puck possession 😮  and attempted a couple plays..Not really suited for 3 on 3 imo, But still.

The difference between us and them is Boston 'knows' where their teammnates are and we 'hope'.

Yet when it falls apart...#9, #11 or #20 or a combination of them are on the ice.  

• Like 2

So the Wild has a coach who knows the game.

3 on 3 is all about puck possession, legs and good vision.

So smart coach sends out Parise who has none of those qualities. Plus low hockey IQ. Who forces BB to? Time and time again? LMAO.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I thought they played really well up to the very last moments. I couldn't watch the OT, only saw the goal by Krug, but I guess the OT was just some more of the awfulnesss that we've seen over the years.

Alexandron  mentioned the Zucker trade thread being removed. I was just posting on that thread when it was suddenly not there anymore. I was pretty ticked off about going thorugh thinking, and then typing a message with a phone in a foreign language, all in vain. I can understand that moderators might want to control the threads, but really I hope for a long leash. We don't want extremes, no flame wars, but no Hong Kong either.

7 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

So the Wild has a coach who knows the game.

3 on 3 is all about puck possession, legs and good vision.

So smart coach sends out Parise who has none of those qualities. Plus low hockey IQ. Who forces BB to? Time and time again? LMAO.

Apparently Boudreau had a different line ready to go and for whatever reason changed it at the last second. He said it was his fault.

Maybe Boudreu will finally learn that after Parise got skated out of his jock for the second time in a row in OT he will STOP SENDING HIM OUT THERE.

Honest to God, Boudreau deserves to be fired on the spot if he sends Parise out there in OT ever again...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Yet when it falls apart...#9, #11 or #20 or a combination of them are on the ice.  

Amazes me how it's taken a supposedly super intelligent coach like Boudreau over two years to recognize that OT is about speed and skill.  He says he knows it's about speed and skill. And yet continues to trot the Clydesdale's out there in OT expecting a different result. 

If that isn't the definition of insanity, I don't know what is...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Apparently Boudreau had a different line ready to go and for whatever reason changed it at the last second. He said it was his fault.

Whatever reason? I wish he'd provide more than that. Otherwise sounds like BS if not an outright lie to me.

14 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Whatever reason? I wish he'd provide more than that. Otherwise sounds like BS if not an outright lie to me.

He didn't say what the reason was. Just that he had different lines ready to go and at the last second changed them up.

Boudreau should know by now that Parise should not ever see OT ever again. Twice now he was responsible for the game winning goal in OT by getting skated out of his jock.

This game never should have gone to ot. 
wild went into defense mode a little more than 1/2 way into the 3rd. 
get puck, make a 1 man forecheck, lose puck, fall back and defend. 
went ok until Boston pulled goalie and had extra man. 
1 of the goals staylock had no chance. 
when will we learn to keep playing the way we earned the lead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Yup - spent 8 years in Glencoe and 11 years in Hutchinson as Sports Director at KDUZ

I am related to that area 11 years(since 2008) already because of my agricultural hobby.🍇🍒🍎 etc. And probably , will spend my retirement most of the time there to stay far from stresses of the Twin Cities. Sincerely,the Mother Nature there reminding me the Mother Nature of my native country (Moldova). Hope, someday I will see sunflower fields in Litchfield area too. Interesting , that next to us South Dakota growing thousands of acres of sunflowers fields, but we growing none despite of we are having a much better climate to grow sunflower seeds as a rotational crop in comparison to other states.

In general, can not believe how time/as well as life is running so fast. And for the Wild team too, which will celebrate next year 20 years of their existence as well as me as a fan of this team for 20 years already. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tomdog said:

This game never should have gone to ot. 
wild went into defense mode a little more than 1/2 way into the 3rd. 
get puck, make a 1 man forecheck, lose puck, fall back and defend. 
went ok until Boston pulled goalie and had extra man. 
1 of the goals staylock had no chance. 
when will we learn to keep playing the way we earned the lead. 

I like your message which is connecting to my opinion and wishes too. Let's make a goal for the team to get the most minimal in the NHL games played in OT/ to get the  best records in the league of the most games wins in regulation.