Damn I miss hockey

mojo1917

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I know this is probably considered sacrilege here, but, I think Gary Bettman has been the best sports commissioner of the COVID-19 pandemic.  The bubble plan and precautions have worked, the arenas look great, the play has been mostly good. I saw him make a joke about why Gritty wasn't allowed to go to the bubble and it was funny-ish.

I know everyone hates him, I can give him credit for having marshaled a plan to bring his sport back safely though. I'm enjoying the hockey. I'm grateful he stuck with trying to complete the season. 

People like to hate Bettman and I do indeed hate the prick, but he should still get credit for things he has done well and for his ambition to grow the game of hockey, the game I have loved so much since I was 3 years old.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

People like to hate Bettman and I do indeed hate the prick, but he should still get credit for things he has done well and for his ambition to grow the game of hockey, the game I have loved so much since I was 3 years old.

So what, 6 months?

I think Bettman gets a lot of crap for two things:

3 lockouts

Arizona

Other than that, I can't really say he's bad for the sport.

OK, maybe CTE. 5 things.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

So what, 6 months?

I think Bettman gets a lot of crap for two things:

3 lockouts

Arizona

Other than that, I can't really say he's bad for the sport.

OK, maybe CTE. 5 things.

What about CTP?

8 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

I made them and had them printed at Awesome Dudes Printing in Philly. Have a XL and bunch of mediums and a small left if you want one. 

I'll take a Medium. Do you ship to Winnipeg, lol

Wow, what a goal!

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I know this is probably considered sacrilege here, but, I think Gary Bettman has been the best sports commissioner of the COVID-19 pandemic.  The bubble plan and precautions have worked, the arenas look great, the play has been mostly good. I saw him make a joke about why Gritty wasn't allowed to go to the bubble and it was funny-ish.

I know everyone hates him, I can give him credit for having marshaled a plan to bring his sport back safely though. I'm enjoying the hockey. I'm grateful he stuck with trying to complete the season. 

I heard they even recorded people booing him so he will feel right at home when he awards the cup to the winning captain!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'll take a Medium. Do you ship to Winnipeg, lol

Wow, what a goal!

Sure dude. DM me your address. I’ll check shipping. If it’s not too much I’ll just send it your way. 

1 hour ago, mkscrewy said:

Sure dude. DM me your address. I’ll check shipping. If it’s not too much I’ll just send it your way. 

Wow, really? I'm worried the M will be too small, but I could always just hang it up on the wall. I will DM you, maybe we can figure out a way for me to pay the shipping? Plus there's the cost of the shirt. I can DHS you a bottle of single malt. Or bourbon. 

Trust. The. Bourbon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

I made them and had them printed at Awesome Dudes Printing in Philly. Have a XL and bunch of mediums and a small left if you want one. 

I'm a large, hit me up on your next run

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Checked the scores this morning, and all I have to say is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a difference goaltending makes.

It's not all on goaltending of course but man it sure goes a long way in helping ease the burden on the whole team to have it.

Thanks Radko for turning that puck over on that first goal....still love that trade.

Then Kuznetsov gets benched after losing his man out front Sanheim finds the twine...

Despite all the good there are two huge things this club needs to address.

Getting the top line of Giroux, Coots and Jake going.

And just as important getting the power play going which is 0 for 8 right now if they expect to go deep in this playoff run they are going to need this two things to get way much better.

Let get ready to take the Bolts next.

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Time for Ghost.

From AV's hints i think we'll see him and Friedman come the Tampa game.

I wouldn't mind slapping Frost in the lineup too. I'm not ragging on Grant i think he would be best suited on the 4th over Thompson just because he is a step quicker and it would allow me to slot Frosty on the 3rd line between NAK and Farabee where they sorely needed someone yesterday who could keep up with them because Grant couldn't.

Man those two where very impressive NAK was banging everything that moved and separating them from the puck and finishing checks, and Joel was a jitterbug all over the place helping out they just missed that 3rd body to keep the play going they were creating.

Enter Morgan Frost.

28-14-93

21-13-11

62-48-49

38-44-18

For experiment purposes i would try flip flopping Grant and Thompson between center and wing and see which one fits better where.

That would be a nice banging grinding 4th line till Raffl gets better. My 2 cents.