Damn I miss hockey

mojo1917

The Carona Crisis (or whatever) took hockey and just about everything else by storm.  This will be a strange season with an asterisk...no strike, but disease shortened.

It will make every GM's assessment of future personnel calls a lot harder to make. But relative to sickness, death, and economic chaos...the NHL and its product seem a bit trivial.  Hopefully, next fall brings back hockey...and no 2nd wave of the Carona.

I hope the gang here is OK.  These are stressful times. 

Sincerely,

Howie

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

10 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The Carona Crisis (or whatever) took hockey and just about everything else by storm.  This will be a strange season with an asterisk...no strike, but disease shortened.

It will make every GM's assessment of future personnel calls a lot harder to make. But relative to sickness, death, and economic chaos...the NHL and its product seem a bit trivial.  Hopefully, next fall brings back hockey...and no 2nd wave of the Carona.

I hope the gang here is OK.  These are stressful times. 

Sincerely,

Howie

We are OK Howie. Finally, I started to write after the interval of unhealthy break.  Fortunately, storm is not a catastrophe. Optimistically believing, hockey will come back with no a 2nd wave of the Corona this fall.  

Sincerely, Alex

• Like 2

My wife told of two students of hers, one a tested Coronavirus patient, the other a non-tested one. The other told her that he expects the recovery to take weeks, if not months. The other told his sickness took 4 days of feeling ok at times and then having muscle pains where one would have wanted to take morphine to endure them. Even the milder cases sound pretty horrible.

They should arrange for an E-sports hockey tournament. That would make it nicer to endure this quarantine (I live in an area in Finland, that is now shut out from the rest of the country, to help slow down the spread of the disease).

• Like 2

Opening day next season (whenever that is), will seem more significant and exciting than before.   FYI, I read one proposal that had our current season reboot in the summer, end in October after award of Cup, with the '20-'21 season starting in November.  That would end in the usual time frame, but there would be many back-to-backs and no bye weeks.  Candidly, I don't see a reboot.  Starting the season around American Thanksgiving seems a tad strange.  It worry for the players--Recycling after a month.  Yikes.  

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man this sucks..........soooooooooooo boring...i hope everyone is safe here...and everyone else not here.

Some fun i guess...

Thanks OccamsRazor for the link. I like also a couple videos from that link when clicked on line "37 people are talking about this"  and looked through it. One video is showing how the person on a roller board approached to the bridge and jumped from it down (Yahoo Sports NHL,March 29, no hockey, day 18) and a 2nd video - Jake Gardiner is starting hockey lessons early.🙂.

Just can't believe, that we missed such an intriguing end of the regular 2019-2020 season  (so many NHL teams were in an intriguing race to get a playoffs spot) as well as an intriguing unpredictable playoffs this year. And that we missed because of something extremely invisible enemy but deadly dangerous for the global planet named Earth. Never dreamed to see that in my life in a 21st Century.