Flyers 2020-21 season

26 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Lol. Do you have any idea how big a moose is, particularly ones with full antlers? I don't think I could haul two out of the bush. I would need an army to help and we don't really have an army. 

Just crack open a Molson to lure them. The rest is up to you.

Edited by FD19372
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2020 at 7:39 PM, Zzeke said:

With the new Flyers 'Reverse Retro Alternate Jersey' being announced this past week, I wonder how we all rank it compared to other Flyers special jerseys.

Which one do we like the most?

FLYERS SPECIAL JERSEYS

1) Flyers 2020 Reverse Retro Alternate Jersey

220939.jpg

2) 2019 Flyers Stadium Series Jersey

UwV-LhLZmLHx0kLD73Rh_aQggflbM4tIuSC2QpLS

3) Flyers 50th Anniversary Gold Jersey

Jake-Voracek-Claude-Giroux.jpg

4) Flyers 2012 Winter Clasic Jersey

Claude+Giroux+2012+Bridgestone+NHL+Winte

5) Flyers 2017 Stadium Series Jersey

jakub-voracek-of-the-philadelphia-flyers

6) Flyers Mid 2000’s 3D Vision Jersey

PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-2000s-CCM-Throwback-

7) Flyers 2012 Winter Classic Jersey

winterclassic2012jersey.jpg

8) Flyers Zzeke Proposed Jersey (Copy Phantoms Black Alternate Jersey)

Substitute Flyers Logo

s-l64.jpg

11.6.19-28.png

Gotta go with the 2012 Winter Classic Jersey!!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, Zzeke said:

Flyers on TV in December!

As we are starving for watching our Flyers in action, now we can see some games.

Gathered from a number of sources - - - 

The 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Tournament (2020-21) schedule is from December 25, 2020 to January 5th, 2021. 

Our Flyers could have as many as five prospects playing in this tourney:

Team USA
- Cam York (D) (returning from last year’s Team USA roster)
- Bobby Brink (RW) (returning from last year’s Team USA roster)

Team Canada
- Tyson Foerster (RW) (in Team Canada’s selection camp - good chance)
- Mason Millman (D) (in Team Canada’s selection camp - long shot)

Team Sweden
- Emil Andrae (D) (in Camp - good chance to make team)

It's the world’s top Ice Hockey youngsters that will battle it out from the right to be called the best in the world.

Canada will be the host in the bubble in Edmonton. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be hosted behind closed doors with no spectators admitted for any game.

The United States National Team are clear favorites to win the tournament. They’re expected to once again be crowned IIHF World Junior Champions with the Gold Medal. For some, the World Juniors competition is even more exciting than the Winter Olympics 2021.

Want to see the Flyers dynamic defenceman Cam York and the goal scoring machine with the big shot - Tyson Foerster - in action?

The games will be on TV - - some on the NHL Network in the US and all games on TSN in Canada.

The Groups:

POOL A                      POOL B
Canada (CAN)      United States (USA)
Finland (FIN)         Russia (RUS)
Switzerland (SUI)  Sweden (SWE)
Slovakia (SVK)       Czech Republic (CZE)
Germany                  Austria

NHL Network TV covering Team USA and Playoffs:

DATE, OPPONENT, TIME (LOCAL/ET), BROADCAST

Sun., Dec 20, vs Switzerland, Exhibition, 4:00pm/6:00pm, NHL Network
Tues., Dec 22, vs Finland, Exhibition, 4:00pm/6:00pm, NHL Network
Fri., Dec. 25, vs Russia, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Sat., Dec. 26, vs Austria, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Tues., Dec. 29, vs Czech Republic, Preliminary, 12pm/2:00pm, NHL Network
Thurs., Dec. 31, vs Sweden, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Sat., Jan. 2, Quarterfinals, NHL Network
10:00am/12:00pm
1:30pm/4:30pm    
5:00pm/7:00pm    
8:30pm/10:30pm    
Mon., Jan. 4, Semifinals, , NHL Network
4:00pm/6:00pm
7:30pm/9:30pm    
Tues., Jan. 5, Bronze Medal Game, 3:30pm/5:30pm, NHL Network
Tues., Jan. 5,Gold Medal Game, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network

Here in Central Pennsylvania, I can subscribe to the NHL Network for $10/month. Well worth $10. Hope you all can get the NHL Network TV channel.

Go Team USA and Flyers' Cam York and Bobby Brink.

Cam York (D)
SCOUTING REPORT
An excellent skater with a very smooth stride, he is adept at joining the rush and putting up points. He also displays very good hockey sense, and he defends his position rather well. Lacks size and strength, so he needs to add more bulk and get physically stronger for the highest level. His quickness and hockey savvy make him a constant threat in transition. Long Range Potential: Swift-skating, talented defenseman with upside.

Bobby Brink (RW)
SCOUTING REPORT
A quick, shifty forward who is quite heady, he has a deadly shot and excellent hockey sense (he knows where to go to score goals). Despite a lack of size and strength, he goes to the tough areas of the ice willingly in order to score. While his heart is big, and he is both feisty and gritty, he will always have to prove himself against bigger opponents as he climbs the ladder. Long Range Potential: Diminutive but smart, sharpshooting winger with good upside.

Tyson Foerster (RW)
SCOUTING REPORT
Is the type of player who can simply produce points at any level. Shoots the puck with aplomb and goes to the net with gumption. Is a natural finisher with the added benefit of solid playmaking acumen to complement his goal-scoring tendencies. Lacks elite skating ability. Needs to play with distributors to maximize output. Owns a projectable frame but needs to get stronger for the pro game. Is more of an offensive threat than an all-around performer, so point production will be vital for him throughout his career.
Long Range Potential: Talented scoring winger with upside.

Ahh. I missed Flyers' goalie Ivan Fedotov.

It looks like he made Team Russia as one of their 3 goaltenders.

As OR reported, the 6'-8" goaltender is having an excellent season with Traktor Chelyabinsk in the KHL.

Hopefully we can see Fedotov play on TV (NHL Network) starting Dec 25. It would be cool to see our Flyers Cam York, Bobby Brink, and Tyson Foerster facing Fedotov when Team USA and Team Canada play Team Russia.

1579632862740_image001.jpg?fit=623%2C350&ssl=1

Yesterday, The Hockey News published their experts' rankings of the NHL goaltenders.

Where is Carter Hart? Do we agree?

If goaltending is the most important position in sports, then that makes this the most important ranking in sports. Not that we're bragging or anything. Here’s how the NHL’s 31 projected starting netminders stack up for the 2020-21 season:

1. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning

2. Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens

3. Connor Hellebuyck, Winnipeg Jets

4. Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins

5. John Gibson, Anaheim Ducks

6. Ben Bishop, Dallas Stars

7. Carter Hart, Philadelphia Flyers

8. Darcy Kuemper, Arizona Coyotes

9. Robin Lehner, Vegas Golden Knights

10. Jordan Binnington, St. Louis Blues

11. Jacob Markstrom, Calgary Flames

12. New York Islanders: Semyon Varlamov

13. Philipp Grubauer, Colorado Avalanche

14. Elvis Merzlikins, Columbus Blue Jackets

15. Frederik Andersen, Toronto Maple Leafs

16. Matt Murray, Ottawa Senators

17. Sergei Bobrovsky, Florida Panthers

18. Cam Talbot, Minnesota Wild

19. Thomas Greiss, Detroit Red Wings

20. Igor Shesterkin, New York Rangers

21. Ilya Samsonov, Washington Capitals

22. Mackenzie Blackwood, New Jersey Devils

23. Mikko Koskinen, Edmonton Oilers

24. Thatcher Demko, Vancouver Canucks

25. Petr Mrazek, Carolina Hurricanes

26. Tristan Jarry, Pittsburgh Penguins

27. Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings

28. Juuse Saros, Nashville Predators

29. Martin Jones, San Jose Sharks

30. Linus Ullmark, Buffalo Sabres

31. Collin Delia, Chicago Blackhawks

In today's Philadelphia Inquirer 'On The Fly' newsletter - 

Quote:

>> Myers played on the second pairing last season with Travis Sanheim, and they worked extremely well together, though they struggled against the relentless New York Islanders in the playoffs.

Since Myers is righthanded, it seems natural that he would be promoted to fill Niskanen’s spot and become Provorov’s partner. <<

IMO, do not break-up the in-sync, and successful, pair of Sanheim/Myers. We won't be surprised to see AV keep the advantage of having twin towers Sanheim and Myers continued to be paired. They played together with the Phantoms and the Flyers. Knowing your partner well in traits/tendancies/abilities is a big plus. Work in the defensive zone puck retrieval and break-out becomes automatic and efficient.

The LH Gustafsson indicated that, because he's played mostly on the right side of his defense pairings at the NHL level, he feels more comfortable at right defense.

>> “I think I played on the left side a couple games with Calgary, but it didn’t feel right,” said Gustafsson, who was traded from Chicago to the Flames late in the season. “Right now, I’m used to playing on the right side, but at the same time, the left side is more easy for me because I’m left-handed. I feel more confidence on the right side. Whatever the coaches' want me to do, I’ll play there.” <<

In reading all the transcripts of Fletcher/Flahr/AV media conferences of the last few months, it seems like they are thinking of a more up-pace defensive corp that is competent in the D-zone but also has speed/quickness/smarts in quickly exiting the D-zone and joining the rush.

>> Erik Gustafsson wasn't signed to replace Matt Niskanen, but the Philadelphia Flyers feel the 28-year-old defenseman can give them something they were lacking.

"[Gustafsson] has tremendous deception with the puck, tremendous poise," general manager Chuck Fletcher said. "We don't have a defenseman that sees the ice like he does, he can play on the power play. It's a different type of skill set than Matt ... there wasn't going to be that ability to replace Matt per se with the same style." <<

>> "We think his (Gustafsson) skill set meshes really well with what we need," Fletcher said. "We think we have a lot of strong defenders on our team and we're very structured defensively as a group. His skill set, his ability to go back on pucks and make good decisions and transition the puck up the ice, we thought was a very important element to add to our group." <<

The 'new era NHL' approach to the defence corps - - multiple defencemen who are very mobile, fast/quick, puck-moving out of the D-zone, join-the-rush, and can put up solid offensive numbers (in addition to being competent defensively). We now have 4 of these.

Maybe it will work.

Provorov - Gustafsson (LH - plays exclusively Right Side)
Sanheim - Myers (RH)
Hagg - Braun (RH)

#7 - Friedman (RH)
Ghost traded

Instead of looking at losing an excellent defenceman in Niskanen, who complements/protects Provorov, and saying 'Gustafsson doesn't replace Niskenen' -

- - can we say that actually now 'Provorov replaces Niskanen and the skilled Gustafsson replaces Provorov' in role for that pair?

Philippe Myers of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrates his goal against the Boston Bruins with teammates Jakub Voracek and Travis Sanheim during the...

Ben Shelley, an Anaheim Ducks writer wrote this yesterday - 

If there’s one clear area where the Anaheim Ducks are lacking talent, it’s the top of their forward group.

Essentially, the team has no true top-line forwards and I’d also say that with Ryan Getzlaf in the midst of a decline, Rickard Rakell is potentially the only player who would be a top-six forward on just about any other team. We know what the Ducks have at this point in veteran forwards Adam Henrique and Jakob Silfverberg and considering their age, there’s likely minimal room for them in terms of development.

I see five forwards who need to take a step next season for the Ducks to have success and those are: Max Comtois, Danton Heinen, Sonny Milano, Sam Steel, Troy Terry. You could also potentially include Max Jones in there, though his offensive ceiling is likely lower than those mentioned. These are forwards where we really don’t know how high they could play in the lineup and while we can’t expect that all (or even most) of these players will develop into legitimate top-six forwards, a couple of them taking a big step next season would significantly help the Ducks.

If a couple of Anaheim’s forwards can show signs that they could become legitimate top-six forwards, the Ducks really aren’t all that far off from being a playoff team. However, if none can develop past the range of a middle-six forward, it’s going to be very difficult for Anaheim to bounce back next season.

Can our Flyers help them with a win-win trade? Can we trade an experienced forward to Anaheim for a valuable draft pick, and at the same time gain some Cap Space, and also open-up a slot for a young forward???

Philadelphia Flyers' James van Riemsdyk (25) screens Anaheim Ducks goalie Kevin Boyle as the puck goes wide of the net during Saturday’s game. Philadelphia won 6-2. (Tom Mihalek / Associated Press)

1 hour ago, Zzeke said:

Ben Shelley, an Anaheim Ducks writer wrote this yesterday - 

If there’s one clear area where the Anaheim Ducks are lacking talent, it’s the top of their forward group.

Essentially, the team has no true top-line forwards and I’d also say that with Ryan Getzlaf in the midst of a decline, Rickard Rakell is potentially the only player who would be a top-six forward on just about any other team. We know what the Ducks have at this point in veteran forwards Adam Henrique and Jakob Silfverberg and considering their age, there’s likely minimal room for them in terms of development.

I see five forwards who need to take a step next season for the Ducks to have success and those are: Max Comtois, Danton Heinen, Sonny Milano, Sam Steel, Troy Terry. You could also potentially include Max Jones in there, though his offensive ceiling is likely lower than those mentioned. These are forwards where we really don’t know how high they could play in the lineup and while we can’t expect that all (or even most) of these players will develop into legitimate top-six forwards, a couple of them taking a big step next season would significantly help the Ducks.

If a couple of Anaheim’s forwards can show signs that they could become legitimate top-six forwards, the Ducks really aren’t all that far off from being a playoff team. However, if none can develop past the range of a middle-six forward, it’s going to be very difficult for Anaheim to bounce back next season.

Can our Flyers help them with a win-win trade? Can we trade an experienced forward to Anaheim for a valuable draft pick, and at the same time gain some Cap Space, and also open-up a slot for a young forward???

Philadelphia Flyers' James van Riemsdyk (25) screens Anaheim Ducks goalie Kevin Boyle as the puck goes wide of the net during Saturday’s game. Philadelphia won 6-2. (Tom Mihalek / Associated Press)

You mean JVR, Jake or Laughton?

Ok by me

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You mean JVR, Jake or Laughton?

Ok by me

Agree with you, mostly. JVR or Voracek.

No need to move Laughton, as he is a valuable 4th liner. He fits AV's 4th line profile/requirement of hard skating, hard forechecking, pin the other team in their own end, fast/strong backchecking, defensive work, PK duty.

And, as you said in another post (I think it was you), Laughton can be plugged-in short-term anywhere on the forward lines in case of injury/illness and be a responsible 3-zone player.

With news of the NHL and NHLPA aiming to start a 56-game regular season (depending on the establishment of pandemic-related logistics and revised procedures) on January 13, 2021, teams are now moving forward with roster moves and signings. On Tuesday afternoon, the Flyers announced that they have re-signed restricted free agent defenseman Philippe Myres to a three-year contract extension.

The deal will carry a $2.55 million average annual value. The Flyers are currently about $2.24 million below the salary cap ceiling for 2020-21. All internal free agents have now either been re-signed or signed elsewhere.

Upon the new contract's expiration after the 2022-23 season, Myres can become an arbitration-eligible free agent. He will be one year away from unrestricted free agent rights at this point, so the new contract extension is at least partially a bet on himself that a major raise in his future by that point.

With the retirement of Matt Niskanen this offseason, Myres is likely slated to get the first crack at playing on the right side of the team's top defensive pairing in conjunction with Ivan Provorov.

Officially an NHL rookie this past season after playing 21 games for the Flyers in 2018-19, the 23-year-old defenseman started the 2019-20 with a brief stint in the AHL with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms but was recalled on Oct. 31. He's been in the NHL ever since.

Myers established himself over the course of the 2019-20 season as a regular starter, initially on the third defense pairing and later on the second pairing. By the second half of the season, he was typically paired with Travis Sanheim.

Myers is an outstanding natural athlete, combining imposing size (6-foot-5, 210 pounds), excellent muscular and cardiovascular conditioning, exceptional range and mobility as well as an aggressive style of play. There are many things he does well, and others that, with some further improvement, could help propel him to being the total package as a modern-day NHL defenseman.

He's not a finished product even now, but he's significantly refined many of the raw materials he brought into pro hockey. The best is probably still yet to come as he gains experience beyond the 71 NHL games that he's played to date in his young career.

As with virtually every young defenseman, Myers had his share of ups and downs from a consistency standpoint as he navigated the learning curve from junior hockey to the AHL to the NHL. It has taken him some time to work his reads and pick his spots so as not to get himself too far out of position, over-relying on the recovery abilities afforded by his ranginess and long reach. As this season has progressed, however, things seemingly clicked on a more regular basis.

In addition to his burgeoning abilities to impose his will in denying oppoing entries into the Flyers' zone and triggering breakouts, Myers has some still-nascent NHL-level offensive upside. He has a very heavy shot, but still can improve the timing of his release and his ability to get the puck on net rather than getting blocked or missing the net.

Myers suffered a fractured right kneecap on March 7. In his case, the NHL pause due to the Covid-19 pandemic was a blessing in disguise. He returned at full strength for the round-robin and the Eastern Conference playoffs.

4 hours ago, Zzeke said:

And, as you said in another post (I think it was you), Laughton can be plugged-in short-term anywhere on the forward lines in case of injury/illness and be a responsible 3-zone player.

Wasn't me. I think Laughton is an over hyped underachiever

I will promptly duck now to avoid the many projectiles being thrown at my melon head

40 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Wasn't me. I think Laughton is an over hyped underachiever

I will promptly duck now to avoid the many projectiles being thrown at my melon head

Agreed. He could very possibly be this generation's Mikael Renberg or worse yet, Chris Gratton at least as a Flyer. He's good with the right players, but really kind of average.

Edited by FD19372

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

@FD19372

@CoachX

I think usage is important with Laughton.

I don't think he's top 6 talent, I do think he can kill penalties and drive play in the bottom 6 though.

So in a sense you're right, he needs the right kind of players.

I like that he will do whatever is asked to the best of his ability.

He's a good guy to have around, but I don't think he's irreplaceable 

Perfectly stated

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@FD19372

@CoachX

I think usage is important with Laughton.

I don't think he's top 6 talent, I do think he can kill penalties and drive play in the bottom 6 though.

So in a sense you're right, he needs the right kind of players.

I like that he will do whatever is asked to the best of his ability.

He's a good guy to have around, but I don't think he's irreplaceable 

Well said.

30 point guys are guys you in fact hope to replace with a kid. And those guys other teams ain't breaking the bank to add.

So i'm afraid if he is left around, and by that i mean if there is some type of trade deadline hard to know/envision that with a 56 or whatever game season and he isn't moved after hopefully the postseason run and end of season he will be left to walk.

To more than likely to find another team with Chuckles having other priorities heading into the next season.

For example Sanheim and finding a competent backup for Hart and maybe by then knowing more about Patrick to resign.

Not sure how much will be left over...in fact he may have to choose to bring back either Laughton or Raffl.

Or maybe neither and let kids replace them in the bottom 6...in fact it will be time for a Frost or someone else to fill in on a budget.

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well said.

30 point guys are guys you in fact hope to replace with a kid. And those guys other teams ain't breaking the bank to add.

So i'm afraid if he is left around, and by that i mean if there is some type of trade deadline hard to know/envision that with a 56 or whatever game season and he isn't moved after hopefully the postseason run and end of season he will be left to walk.

To more than likely to find another team with Chuckles having other priorities heading into the next season.

For example Sanheim and finding a competent backup for Hart and maybe by then knowing more about Patrick to resign.

Not sure how much will be left over...in fact he may have to choose to bring back either Laughton or Raffl.

Or maybe neither and let kids replace them in the bottom 6...in fact it will be time for a Frost or someone else to fill in on a budget.

Another way of viewing Laughton is in the light of 'role'. In talking about a 4th line important role, points are not primary, although a bonus.

Many teams, and certainly our Flyers, form the 4th line to fit a specific role - - all out super-energy for about a 45 second shift. It serves to give the top-9 a breather, and has a very important job as defined by AV's 4th line profile.

Average game ice time in the NHL:

1st Line    19:20
2nd Line    16:22
3rd Line    13:28
4th Line    12:35

AV's 4th line profile/requirement is hard skating, hard forechecking, pin the other team in their own end, fast/strong backchecking, defensive work, PK duty.

These attributes don't lend themselves to 'stats'. But, they are very important to a team's success.

Bunnaman fits that role well. NAK fits that role well. And, Laughton fits that role well. They all skate very well, have intensity, have defensive and checking skills, and go 'all-out'.

That is why projecting JVR or Frost on the 4th line is way off.

JVR's skating and quickness is below average at this stage of his career. He will be age 32 this season and he has played 812 NHL games. And, he is in decline. Not a 4th line candidate.

Frost, age 21, is a high-skill center who needs to play with skilled wingers to maximize his points output - - not on the 4th line. As we all know, in his last 2 seasons in Jrs he had 112 points (67 games) and 117 points (63 games). He is adjusting to playing pro at the AHL level. As we have been discussing, he is the primary candidate to be the Flyers 3C if Patrick's health does not hold-up.

Therefore, Laughton, in the 4th line defined role (with Bunnaman and NAK), is a valuable contributor to our Flyers success. And, as 'points are not primary, although a bonus', Laughton is 4th line most qualified to get the occasional goal.

All IMHO.

Also, OR, you make some good points about GM Fletcher's challenges heading into the 2021-22 season - - RFAs Sanheim, Patrick and Hart, UFA Gustafsson, and a #2 Goaltender (and the Expansion Draft). Cap Management wise, UFA Laughton could be a casualty. 

Scott Laughton of the Philadelphia Flyers checks Adam Erne of the Detroit Red Wings into the boards on November 29, 2019 at the Wells Fargo Center in...

On 11/29/2020 at 9:44 PM, Zzeke said:

the Flyers would save just $666,666

Good lord, That's an ominous figure?!.....I'd immediately ask for a 1,001 dollar reduction just to be safe! ;)

Great Posts and welcome to the board! I was just getting into the "new" Maine Mariners and this damn pandemic started! They play 12 miles from my house and the boy LOVES the games!....well, at least used to! ;(

Cheers!

• Like 1

This is interesting - - posted today on Hockey Buzz:

Who will win the Vezina in 2021?

December 9, 2020, 1:27 PM ET 
HockeyBuzz Hotstove

In this edition of the hotstove, we share our picks to win the Vezina Trophy in 2021.

Writer Sean Maloughney:

Carter Hart.

Any goalie can have a hot season and the young Carter Hart at 22 years old is already well on his way to having a successful starter career.

Last season the Flyers were already one of the top 10 best teams for limiting goals against and it isn't unreasonable to suggest Hart will only continue to improve; and especially in a shortened season he should be well rested while handling a bulk of the games.

Fun fact if Hart did win the Vezina, he would actually end up being the youngest player in NHL history to win the award, beating out when Bobrovsky did so in 2013 at the age of 24.

GARY BETTMAN
COM, NHL

The NHL and NHLPA are reportedly discussing the possibility of extending the rosters to 26 players for the upcoming season.

That would give teams a bit of an extra buffer in case some players are unavailable due to injury or COVID. Keep in mind, it could be harder to move players between the AHL and NHL in the upcoming season because of travel restrictions, especially if calling a player up would involve them crossing a border. Nothing is finalized, but this change for 2020-21 would make a lot of sense.

SOURCE: Bruce Garrioch on Twitter
Dec 8, 2020, 2:49 PM ET

Interesting. From 23 to 26 (still dress 20 for game day).

What 4 Flyers organization players would we add, assuming this starting point of 22 ? - 

Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Giroux-Patrick-Sandin
(G will settle P and S)
Laughton-Bunnaman-Aube Kubel (ideal AV 4th line)
#13-Raffl
JVR out
If Patrick not healthy, then Frost at 3C.

Provorov - Gustafsson
Sanheim - Myers
(RH) (don't break them up)
Hagg - Braun (RH)
#7 - Friedman (RH)
Ghost - traded

Hart
Elliott

Huh? Where are our Flyers???

ESPN published this 2020-21 Realignment Plan today:

xfldzpvnrjlhhfz34uwk.png

Then DEADSPIN takes a shot at us:

Well, who knew that the perpetually and terminally backward NHL would be the first North American sports league to side with the rest of the world and simply boot a team out of its borders for ineffectiveness… at least according to ESPN.

Yep, the Philadelphia Flyers have been relegated from the NHL, to parts… well, who really gives a sh!t? They’re gone!

It’s been a long time coming for the Flyers, who really haven’t been relevant since the early 90’s to anyone outside of the section of the population that thinks vomiting up a gas station sandwich is worthy of knighthood. And even then it’s debatable.

Their two Final appearances in the past 30 years have seen them go 2-8. There’s been a couple other conference finals appearances, but no one remembers them. Also, Bobby Clarke is an idiot.

That’s the thing about the Flyers, and why they’ve earned this relegation.

NHL Realignment — The SWC Round-Up

Not finalized yet, and still subject to change, but the 2020-21 four-division re-alignment currently looks like this according to sources: Bos-Buf-NJ-NYI-NYR-Pha-Pgh-Was
Car-CBJ-Det-Chi-Fla-Min-Nas-TB
Ana-Ari-Col-Dal-LA-SJ-STL-VGK
All-Canadian teams

Edited by intheslot
added letters
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, intheslot said:
Not finalized yet, and still subject to change, but the 2020-21 four-division re-alignment currently looks like this according to sources:
Bos-Buf-NJ-NYI-NYR-Pha-Pgh-Was
Car-CBJ-Det-Chi-Fla-Min-Nas-TB
Ana-Ari-Col-Dal-LA-SJ-STL-VGK
All-Canadian teams

Good stuff its. Thx.