Flyers: 2020-21 Phantoms/Prospect info/update

OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

He already has that super star name now his plays matches.

Pretty impressive for 18 year old to be tied for 4th in the AHL in goals.

He doesn't turn 19 till July. Going to be hard to send him back to juniors next year.

I hope he can become a Tocchet-lite type player.  My concern is Vigneault,  Gordon and Chuckles the Clown handling his development.  They're almost Hakstol-bad in terms of player development.  I had high hopes,  but those hopes are gone. 

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Gordon

Sorry but this guy should have been let go after his tenure with the big club i have never like him and he has no really help develop anyone under his watch really.

They need a new teacher of youth down below...all that talent he has had to work with and no one has came into the Flyers and just lit the world on fire.

Find another coach for the AHL. That is just my honest opinion...others may disagree but i want change.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry but this guy should have been let go after his tenure with the big club i have never like him and he has no really help develop anyone under his watch really.

They need a new teacher of youth down below...all that talent he has had to work with and no one has came into the Flyers and just lit the world on fire.

Find another coach for the AHL. That is just my honest opinion...others may disagree but i want change.

Oh I hate Scott Gordon.  He's about as useful as teets on a bull.  But,  the Flyers are an old boys club organization that continually does this backasswards. Until the entire ex Flyers are gone from management and throughout the organization, nothing will change when it comes to game play,  prospect development, etc....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Zayde is gonna be a good pro. Can't wait to see this kid as a Flyer. He's gonna be like Tom Wilson except not a dick.

For those who care....

WATCH: Zayde Wisdom shows off hands, physicality in two-point game against Penguins

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2021/02/28/zayde-wisdom-video-goal-physical-lehigh-valley-phantoms-philadelphia-flyers-penguins/

Enjoy. Looks like he will be a fan favorite when he arrives.

So i wonder how many college kids Hextall and Pryor plan on trying to poach from the Flyer cupboards, you know it's coming all they have to do is opt not to sign with them and sign in Pittsburgh.

Nothing they can do about it. I hope he strikes out. Could he snag Jay O'Brien??

What about Noah Cates?? He is eligible to sign after this upcoming season.

Those are the only two college kids he drafted that are left unsigned.

I've got a question for anybody that wants to answer about the upcoming seasons and defense.  

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
8 Robert Hägg - 5 Phil Myers

There are players that have a more realistic chance to stick around.  So here's my order from most to least important:

Provorov, Myers, Sanheim, Ghost, Braun, Hagg

Coming up is Zamula and York for sure.   Wylie, Millman?  

1) What's the realistic timeframe we see Zamula and York?   

2) Who do they replace?   Can York come in and replace Ghost in 2 years?   Zamula takes Hagg's spot?  Next year? 

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nothing they can do about it. I hope he strikes out. Could he snag Jay O'Brien??

What about Noah Cates?? He is eligible to sign after this upcoming season.

It's certainly a possibility, they scouted those kids and have a relationship with them.

In the case of Noah Cates, I thought he played really well for team USA. He appeared to be really smart and the puck seemed to find him a lot, even on a team that was pretty stacked with talent.

I haven't heard much since, is he injured?

I hope the Flyers can reel that kid in, he looked like he'd be a nice high skill/iq guy for the middle 6

39 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I've got a question for anybody that wants to answer about the upcoming seasons and defense.  

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
8 Robert Hägg - 5 Phil Myers

There are players that have a more realistic chance to stick around.  So here's my order from most to least important:

Provorov, Myers, Sanheim, Ghost, Braun, Hagg

Coming up is Zamula and York for sure.   Wylie, Millman?  

1) What's the realistic timeframe we see Zamula and York?   

2) Who do they replace?   Can York come in and replace Ghost in 2 years?   Zamula takes Hagg's spot?  Next year? 

I think York makes it in 2 years easy. I wouldn't be surprised IF he goes the AHL route next season that he's up before it's over.

Zamula needs to bulk up a bit before he's NHL ready. 6'3" and a buck-eighty.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I haven't heard much since, is he injured?

Minnesota- Duluth lost a few good players and the team overall just isn't as good as it was.

Maybe the first year wearing the C has changed his game some.

The Wild's Nick Swaney is the goal scorer on that team and Cates has morphed more into a two way set up guy.

However as long as they can hold onto him and he gets a chance to join the Phantoms is all i care about right now....and well ain't nothing we can do if he wants to go somewhere else like Kalynuk who is in the AHL for the Black Hawks.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Cates has morphed more into a two way set guy.

That was the impression I got from watching his game in the ...I think Gretzky/Hlinka ? or maybe it was world juniors .

He was bird dogging pucks and putting them places for guys to shoot. Pretty good on the back check too.

Seemed really smart.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, Podein25 said:

Zayde is gonna be a good pro. Can't wait to see this kid as a Flyer. He's gonna be like Tom Wilson except not a dick.

An even higher skilled Wayne Simmonds. He’s gonna be deadly on the PP.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:59 AM, OccamsRazor said:

John Stevens was actually pretty good for us in developing the young guys when he coached the Phantoms.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good to see another kid playing well...

The Halifax Mooseheads won 11-4 last night. Elliott Desnoyers dished out 5 assists in the win.

He's up to 37 points (15G, 22A) in 29 games this season. #QMJHL

10 points in his last 4 games. He hit a bump after a covid shutdown, but is back rollin' again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I like that the pass was telegraphed all the way yet he still scores.

And they advanced.

Two point performance (1G, 1A) for Bobby Brink tonight in Denver's 5-4 win as they advance to the NCHC semifinal.

One prospect advances at the cost of another:

Ronnie Attard's season is over after WMU dropped a 5-4 decision to Noah Cates and UMD tonight. Cates had 1 assist in the game.

Attard finishes his sophomore year with 8G-14A--22PTS in 25 GP.